It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Kathy griffin is sick & twisted. She goes too far with her 'jokes'.
Beheadings are not anything to laugh about. Nor is killling or threatening a president, or acting like ISIS. She should be charged.

she should be charged???

for what?

Is comedy a crime???

One of the funniest things i have ever seen was Ricky Gervis joke about cot-death.

Now sure I didn't find this funny but not because of the offence cause just because its not funny, she is not funny but comedy is subjective. I get a bit annoyed though when people on the one hand would say they are all for freedom of speech but when some says something they dont like they want to run to the police and have people locked up.
edit on 2-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Beheadings are not anything to laugh about. Nor is killling or threatening a president, or acting like ISIS. She should be charged.

she should be charged???

for what?

Is comedy a crime???

One of the funniest things i have ever seen was Ricky Gervis joke about cot-death.

Now sure I didn't find this funny but not because of the offence cause just because its not funny, she is not funny but comedy is subjective. I get a bit annoyed though when people on the one hand would say they are all for freedom of speech but when some says something they dont like they want to run to the police and have people locked up.

Whether she is charged or not will depend on how the Secret Service progress with the their investigations.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If the Secret Service are going to start charging everyone who makes a joke about Trumps death they are going to be very very busy over the next few years

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

If the Secret Service are going to start charging everyone who makes a joke about Trumps death they are going to be very very busy over the next few years

They will decide whether they think it was just a joke, or a wilful threat/incitement to violence against the President. If the former then nothing will happen. If the latter, she may be charged... and there is precedent.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
It's a crime to joke about having a bomb in your suitcase.

Terrorism jokes that mimic ISIS and the threat against a president in any way should be and is criminal. Yes charge her

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
throw the comedian in gitmo for a bad taste joke/chance to shock

that is more disturbing that the image is

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Can't miss a chance to play on people's emotions though.

you are messed up

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

dont like how someone exercises their freedom of speech...... put them in gitmo.....

big advocate of liberal freedoms then are you?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm not saying Griffin SHOULD be prosecuted, but the law is interesting.

From Wikipedia

Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[1][2][3] It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". This also includes presidential candidates and former Presidents. The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President. Threatening the President is considered a political offense.[4] Immigrants who commit this crime can be deported.[5]

So what constitutes a "Threat"?

Google says...

Threat of harm generally involves a perception of injury. Harm is physical or mental damage, an act or instance of injury, or a material and tangible detriment or loss to a person. The precise definition varies according to the context in which it is used.

Legal Dictionary says...

Statutes in a number of jurisdictions prohibit the use of threats and Unlawful Communications by any person. Some of the more common types of threats forbidden by law are those made with an intent to obtain a pecuniary advantage or to compel a person to act against his or her will. In all states, it is an offense to threaten to (1) use a deadly weapon on another person; (2) injure another's person or property; or (3) injure another's reputation. It is a federal offense to threaten to harm the president or to use the mail to transmit threatening communications. These laws must be balanced against First Amendment rights. Unlawful communications include, among other things, the use of threats to prevent another from engaging in a lawful occupation and writing libelous letters or letters that tend to provoke a breach of the peace. The use of intimidation for purposes of collecting an unpaid debt has been held to constitute an unlawful communication but might be prosecuted as Extortion.

Again...while I may not agree, I guess if the "message" of the photo was "I wish this would happen to Trump" or "I think someone should do this to Trump", it could be considered a threat. So what does the picture "say"? What is Griffin trying to communicate by this picture. If I sent the same type of picture to my neighbor of me holding the severed head of his dog...would that be a threat to the dog's life because it's barking or crapping on my lawn has pissed me off? I would suggest that is a logical interpretation of Griffin's "message".

Very interesting either way.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

He is 11 and seeing a decapitated image of his father is hardly comparable to a video game

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

dont like how someone exercises their freedom of speech...... put them in gitmo.....

Huge advocate.
Have you not been reading any of my numerous posts on the matter?
I was being sarcastic cause of what someone said a page earlier. Someone who really feels that way.
How can you contribute to a thread if you don't read the posts

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Huge advocate.
Have you not been reading any of my numerous posts on the matter?
I was being sarcastic cause of what someone said a page earlier. Someone who really feels that way.
How can you contribute to a thread if you don't read the posts

There are 34 pages worth of posts on this site.

I am not going to read through, let alone remember each and every individual members posts and neither are you.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: TinySickTears

Can't miss a chance to play on people's emotions though.

you are messed up

I'm messed up that people are perpetuating fake outrage to play on emotions.
Is his own part not messed up for putting an ad together with that image.
I think most are showing fake outrage when some want her locked in gimp.
Both those are more messed up than my reaction.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah but I was playing on a post from 1 page back and I've been on a lot of the pages.
Whatever. You don't read some of the posts.
Try directing your # at people who really feel that way now that you know

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I still don't see the threat.
She Didn't send this image to trump

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
have we talked about the context the child saw the image in?
i.e. almost certainly in a news piece decrying the tastelessness of the comedian who did it?
you know
the sort of thing that makes it pretty obvious from the get-go that it's not real?

not, like BREAKING NEWS - THE PRESIDENT IS DEAD, BEHEADED BY POOR COMEDIAN stuff
"the only footage we have is this poised studio portrait"

not defending the artist - it was completely tacky and unnecessary
but how dumb would the kid have to be for this wild emotional outrage story to have any basis in fact?
edit on 2-6-2017 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2017 by continuousThunder because: oops this keyboard sux

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I hate Democrats, but this was obviously a ploy to play on the sympathies of the public. If this kid thought it was his own dad...he's not too bright.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
a reply to: Boadicea

I hate Democrats, but this was obviously a ploy to play on the sympathies of the public. If this kid thought it was his own dad...he's not too bright.

Obviously? Okay.

Ya know, going into this thread, I didn't think it could or would get any worse than what KG had done. I was so very very wrong. At least KG didn't double-down on her mistake. And she sure didn't blame a child or insult his intelligence.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

not defending the artist - it was completely tacky and unnecessary
but how dumb would the kid have to be for this wild emotional outrage story to have any basis in fact?

Won't defend the "artist" -- but attacking an 11-year-old kid is just spiffy!!!

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Beheadings are not anything to laugh about. Nor is killling or threatening a president, or acting like ISIS.

Definitely.

She should be charged.

She has been charged, tried, and punished in the court of public opinion. That's good enough for me. She is not an actual threat to anyone's life or limb... no need to lock her up (on our dime).

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join