It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

errr.... where is everyone????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So I got a bit fed up of all the Tumpsters on ATS and took a month or two off, decided that for my own sanity i had to leave ATS for a bit.

Recently in the wake of the sad attacks in Manchester I logged back on and have stayed on since.

However I started to notice something rather odd, there seem to be quite a few faces (ok avatars) missing. Lots of members who used to post a lot or who used to write huge big threads... just gone.

I done some checking.

SkepticOverlord has gone six months with out posting a single thread, not one, and has only posted 3 times, in fact he has not posted anything on the site that he runs in over a month.

And he is not the only one.

Liveforever8 has not posted this year, hasn't even logged in in a month.

Heff, quite possibly the best mod on ATS, he has not posted a single thread in six months and has only posted once.

One of our best members Slayer69 with over 1000 threads has actually only posted..... 3 this year none of them particularly noteworthy.

There is one mod Dr. Love who has not been about since 2013

Anyone else remember This guy amazing member hasn't been about for months

Souron good mod, hasn't posted all year.

Jbird Another good mod, who has only averaged 1 post a month this year???

GAOTU789..... what happened to that guy!!!

One of the absolute best Skyfloating, has not logged in this year!

Now i could go on and on with this all day and yes i know there are some good members who still turn up for the show round these parts. Furthermore I also think that we are in troubled times on ATS, the political trolling has never been so bad and that we need these older, experienced members to cut through all the crap that is clogging up the boards.

I personally think that ATS is still a good site, but has been overrun with political trolling (on both sites) in the last year and I do wonder if thats whats caused a lot of these old members and mods to stop posting.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and has any incite into what is going on?!!?!?
edit on 29-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I missed slayer threads,and I think all the political stuff made a lot find other sites maybea reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bunkers.
They've gone to their bunkers.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes I've noticed that too...and yes , I am one of those with out an avatar , but I really have no idea what to create or how , for an avatar ....and I just comment on others posts. ....probabaly not what you wanted to hear ......but yes I have noticed people have vanished. My guess is because there are an awful lot of other people on ATS that will flame you and call you names like racist , ignorant , redneck ,bigot , whatever their choice. Insult words are for,that week........rather then having a civil conversation . ...I inow that has turned some ATS members away . The rudeness has escalated since I have been a member.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm sick of the partisan trump threads. There are occasional anti-trumps threads. But for the most part for one anti-trump there 6 to 8 pro-trump threads. I totally get it that the right is right and the left is poo poo. How many times do we have to hear it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

No worries I am planning new non Trump threads. One will involve one of the modern founding fathers of Radical Islam, another will involve how North Korea used racism to control its population, and a third will feature Cuba and its military adventurism in Angola, Vietnam and other Third World Countries in the Cold War and Henry Kissinger's reaction when he found out Fidel Castro has been stirring things up in Angola.

I confess I miss Skyfloating. In fact, it is he who informed me that some Muslims are actually open to the idea of humans in other planets.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm still here for you.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Do you blame them?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Do you blame them?

Nope!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I miss Cheesy.

But you're right, lots of awol peeps.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Aww, you poor whiners aren't getting enough love!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Aww, you poor whiners aren't getting enough love!

If you think anyone is coming to ATS for love..... then i think you might be on the wrong site.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

People move on.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Yes I've noticed that too...and yes , I am one of those with out an avatar , but I really have no idea what to create or how , for an avatar ....and I just comment on others posts. ....probabaly not what you wanted to hear ......but yes I have noticed people have vanished. My guess is because there are an awful lot of other people on ATS that will flame you and call you names like racist , ignorant , redneck ,bigot , whatever their choice. Insult words are for,that week........rather then having a civil conversation . ...I inow that has turned some ATS members away . The rudeness has escalated since I have been a member.

I know that there are some that get upset if you comment that ATS is not what it used to be, but it isn't.

It seems that ATS has changed with the times and the politics. Us old members are getting old, dying, or often just too tired to keep beating our heads against the brick wall and beating the dead horse.

We have been instructed that we have to go with the trend or move on. For some, before following the new trend of joining a sub-group that targets anyone that thinks differently, or a sub-group that spreads hatred and dindunuffin propaganda, they have chosen to move on.

Once we were considered the alt CT site, a step above. Well GLP and Reddit have done an amazing job of infiltrating and have knocked ATS off the step. We have become a sad knock-off of the places we once rejected.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You have to adopt a created worldview to defend a lot of the things the Trump admin does, which is the opposite of denying ignorance.

With that kind of thinking being the majority of posters here, it's no wonder a lot of long time people have left. Believing without question is contrary to what this site was founded on.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You have to adopt a created worldview to defend a lot of the things the Trump admin does, which is the opposite of denying ignorance.

False.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

False.

You trying to explain your confusion doesn't make what I stated false.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Where did Boncho go, his threads were getting good! His threads were the epitome of what ATS is supposed to be.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

False.

Irony.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join