It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials in Judaism and Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5aaee4c72b3.jpg[/atsimg]

The Noble Quran

Much has been written about Extraterrestrials in the Bible, this article will focus on the same in Judaism and Islam. All major Religions (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism) confirm what we all know intuitively: That the Universe contains many, many worlds and that it is teeming with life.

1. Extraterrestrials in Islam

He is the Lord of all the Worlds
Quran 41:10

Just like Judaism and Christianity, Islam is not earth-centric but tells tales of many worlds both physical and spiritual.

They did not esteem the Almighty the way he deserves, whereas all the earths would be in his fist on the last day, and the skies rolled up in his hand
39:67

Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof...
Quran 65:13

These quotes (and there are many more like it) show that Islam mentioned other heavens and other "earths" (plural). Some islamic scholars say that "seven heavens" refers to seven galaxies, each of these galaxies containing an earth-like planet.

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and of whatever living creatures (da'bbah) He has spread forth in both. And He has the power to gather them together (jam-'i-him) when He will so please.

The term "da'bbah", as islamic scholars explain, does not refer to angelic or spiritual life (for which there are other words), but to real, physical creatures. It therefore follows that the "heavens" in which there are physical creatures are places in other galaxies rather than spiritual locations. Furthermore:

Jam-'i-him is the Arabic expression in this verse which specifically speaks of bringing together of life on earth and the life elsewhere. When this meeting of the two will take place is not specified, nor is it mentioned whether it will happen here on earth or elsewhere.

Since modern schooling tries to sell us the dull view that we live in an empty, pointless and coincidental Universe, this Verse is of particular interest:

He did not create the skies and the earth and that which exists in between pointlessly38:27

More narrow interpretations of religious scripture say that God created only humans and only earth. This view is put to question by various passages in the Quran that say that "humans" are also in other places in the Universe and that there are other "earths". The misunderstanding is merely in the terminology. According to the Quran, The Almighty created rulers of various places and also...

'I will create a vicegerent on Earth.'2:30

For further reading and in-depth research please refer to the source linked.

If it be ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye! not without authority shall ye be able to pass!55:33

None in the heavens or on earth, except God, knows what is hidden27:65

Source

2. Extraterrestrials in Judaism

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/86f7ccc02f46.jpg[/atsimg]

Jewish Synagogue, Budapest

Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan has the following to say (most relevant passages quoted):

the Talmud reckons that there are some [10 to the 18th power] stars in the observable universe, and explicitly states that they were all created for the sake of man

A fascinating aspect of ancient jewish scripture are the numbers given, which appear to be not so much aligned with stone-agers but with space-age thinking.

Our Sages realized the vast number of stars in the universe, and also realized that many of them were many orders of magnitude larger than the earth. (Maimonides - Foundations of Torah 3:8)

...It should be quite simple to understand that size and quantity alone are meaningless to an infinite God.

there is nothing in Jewish theology to preclude the existence of life on other worlds. As possible evidence for extraterrestrial life, he quotes the Talmudic teaching (Avoda Zara 3b) that "God flies through 18,000 worlds." Since they require His providence, we may assume that they are inhabited.

In the song of Deborah, we find the verse, "Cursed is Meroz... cursed are its inhabitants" (Judges 5:23). In the Talmud, we find the opinion that Meroz is the name of a star. According to this opinion, the fact that Scripture states, "Cursed is Meroz... cursed are its inhabitants" is clear proof from the words of our Sages for extraterrestrial life.

The Midrash teaches us that there are seven earths

Speaking of the verse (Song of Songs 6:8), "Worlds without number," the Tikunei Zohar states: "The stars certainly are without number. But each star is called a separate world. These are the worlds without number."

The following passage sounds like science-fiction in stating that, with merit, one can be given a star-system to rule over:

The Tikunei Zohar further states that every tzaddik (righteous person) will rule over a star, and therefore have a world unto himself. The 18,000 worlds mentioned above would therefore be that number of stars, presided over by the 18,000 tzaddikim that are alluded to in the verse (Ezekiel 48:35), "Around Him are 18,000." However, these may only refer to those worlds visited daily by the divine presence, but there may be innumerable worlds for the lesser tzaddikim.

We therefore have a most fascinating reason why the stars were created, and why they contain intelligent life. Since an overcrowded Earth will not give the tzaddikim the breadth they require, each one will be given his own planet, with its entire population to enhance his spiritual growth.

This passage indicates that space-travel was understood and predicted a long time ago:

Once we know that the stars and their planets were created as an abode for the tzaddikim, we might naturally wonder how they will be transported to them. However, the Talmud even provides an answer to this question. Discussing the passage (Isaiah 40:31), "They shall mount up with wings as eagles," the Talmud states that in the future world, God will grant the tzaddikim wings to escape the earth. The Zohar goes a step further and states that "God will give them wings to fly through the entire universe."

Source

There is more information, much more, but this should suffice as a starting point in research. Discussions and Additions Welcome!

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
"Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that we exploded into existence? And from water we made all living things. Would they believe?" (Qu'ran 21:30)

My favorite passage. Besides the mystery of who 'they' are, I think this is uncannily representative of a cosmic explosion or expanse, 'big bang' if you will. I've yet to explore the representation of 'extraterrestrials' within these texts but from the case you've made it seems there's a lot to it.

Great post mate.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing! I honestly believe that the best way for the western world of Abraham religions to truly develop is to mix our 3 religions together; Islam, Christianity, Judaism. Imagine the vast knowledge that would be learned by mixing 3 books into 1 book and 1 religion.

I, personally, am a strong believe in extraterrestrials. We have billions of stars in the world and so many planets it seems irrational even ignorant to state that we are the only life forms in the whole world. I believe the ancient peoples knew things beyond our wildest dreams and only stated some of what they knew into each book. I truly believe it is God's will that we will one day travel the universe and meet with other intelligent beings.

S+F

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes, we should mix our beliefs.

No, we never will.

And I am sad about that.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Absolutely amazing! I honestly believe that the best way for the western world of Abraham religions to truly develop is to mix our 3 religions together; Islam, Christianity, Judaism. Imagine the vast knowledge that would be learned by mixing 3 books into 1 book and 1 religion.

Did you notice that too? It was like one Religion added to what the other only hinted at and vice-versa.

Judaism+Islam+Christianity could be united as well as Buddhism+Hinduism - that will skyrocket our understanding of things.

Originally posted by serbsta
"Do the unbelievers not realize that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass that we exploded into existence? And from water we made all living things. Would they believe?" (Qu'ran 21:30)

Ah thanks, you reminded me of an old thread that matches this topic...

Koran mentions wormholes through which aliens will invade earth

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
Yes, we should mix our beliefs.

No, we never will.

And I am sad about that.

What do you mean we "never will" - mixing them is exactly what Im doing with this thread. Give it another 5000 years and others will start joining in the mix

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Other Beliefs of life on other Planets in Antiquity:

Beliefs in extraterrestrial life may have been present in ancient Babylon, Assyria, Sumer, Egypt, Arabia, China, India, and South America, although in these societies, cosmology was often associated with the supernatural, and the notion of alien life is difficult to distinguish from that of gods, demons, and such. The first important Western thinkers to argue systematically for a universe full of other planets and, therefore, possible extraterrestrial life were the ancient Greek writer Thales and his student Anaximander in the 7th and 6th centuries B.C.[citation needed] The atomists of Greece took up the idea, arguing that an infinite universe ought to have an infinity of populated worlds.

Lucian of Samosata, in his novels, described inhabitants of the Moon and other celestial bodies as humanoids, but significantly different from humans

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Give it another 5000 years and others will start joining in the mix

Give it another 5000 years and they'll be laughing at these books.

True story.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Excellent thread!! I just missed a reference to Zecharia Sitchin's translations, once his work totally clarifies those who are not familiarized with ancient scriptures.
As we know the subject about extraterrestrial life forms and worlds, is still locked by the religious authorities, specially those faiths that was born in Middle East. In Asia, mainly in India, this knowledge is 100% free to study and discussion. Doesn't exist dogmas, imposing made up concepts and it's a common sense that the ancient "gods" were foreign creatures, quite advanced, carriers of a wisdom in occult sciences. They were called "Vedas" and "Asuras". Interesting that there isn't a Hindu definition to "God", not as a personified being.
Those who are familiarized with Zecharia Sitchin's work, know that the ancient humanoids that colonized this solar system in remote times, were worshiped as deities by ancient civilizations and the set up of monotheism is related to the endless geo-political disputes among these extraterrestrials. It seems pretty obvious that after they had left Earth, this worshiping hasn't finished and was very well used and controlled by "religious authorities". That's why these ancient scriptures as Koran, Talmud and Bible Testaments were misinterpreted, reinterpreted, actually. Curiously it didn't happen with Hindu Vedantas.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I havent read all of the Vedas (its just too vast) but much of them and agree that they would be the best source of data on Extraterrestrials and Spirituals.

Related

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Oh great thread!

But you have MISSED out explicit references to extra-terrestrials in the Koran.

I think you need to update your post with reference to the Djinn or Jinn.

There are plenty of references in the Koran!

The Koran is not just a standards and guidance document for mankind but ALSO Djinn which some people may perceive as extra-terrestrials.

It would be useful if you could add them in the OP or I can add them in following posts.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

But you have MISSED out explicit references to extra-terrestrials in the Koran.

I think you need to update your post with reference to the Djinn or Jinn.

There are plenty of references in the Koran!

Thats what Discussion-Board posting and other members are there for: To add to what others missed.

If you have anything on the Jinn (which I thought were spirits, not physical beings), add it!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just to clarify:

"Ancient Astronaut Theory" (which I and others have done many other threads on) is the re-interpretation of "Gods" as Aliens.

However, this thread is a little different, its about blatant religious references to other planets and ETs, without the need for re-interpretation.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Presently I don't have much time to find quotes, but wanted to add something.

The 3 prophets of these religions when visited and given their Apocalypse visions, were each given a small peice of parchment paper and told to eat. They explain the taste of honey from the paper, then were shown and told about the coming apocalypse.

If memory serves me correct, the "god" that came to these men had the same name?

What about the Machiavellian techniques these gods have used to create everlasting conflict between these different religions?

Lots of questions to discuss about this topic S&F

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by add alone

Are you referring to someone who features in all three Religions? If so, who?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks for starting this interesting thread Skyfloating,

I was already wondering for some time now if other belief systems would have the same kind of UFO/ET related information as one [depending of everyones view of course] can read in the bible, and wow, you come with it.

Here is for instance one about that from karl 12,

UFOs,Aliens and Abrahamic Religion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It’s in my opinion sorely not naïve and very realistic to assume that after one would take a serious look at all the available information there is and as they also can read in your magnificent threads below, about the real possibility that Earth is indeed visited for an incredible long time now by beings from out there, our galaxy, other galaxies in our universe, even very possible from out other dimensions and/or perhaps even what we call time travelers.

So it is highly likely to assume then, that people around the world back then must all have had those same kinds of experiences with those same kinds of beings, and that they all were in a way so impressed and influenced by that, that therefore all those religions appeared all over the world.

I am very interested and curious to all the reactions here and how the discussion about it will develop itself.

Of Emperors and Sky Gods

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For reference and research:

Part 1 of an mini-version of the 3 part series or a "preview" was given in the earlier ATS-Thread

Aliens of Ancient China.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

General evidence of Ancient Astronauts around the world was provided in the earlier ATS Thread

Ancient Extraterrestrials

Of Flying Dragons and Metallic Discs

Edit: Part 2 published:

Of Flying Dragons and Metallic Discs

Edit: Part 3 published:

Of Ancient Wars and Spacecraft

[edit on 12/2/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just happen to think that all religion is based on the same Ancient stories, which in my opinion include ET, as part of our creation, and evolution, but it is man who has changed the stories to suit his needs according to his people. That is true in the king James bible, where it has be changed not only in translation, but in how they needed to control their people in accordance with their political rule at the time, and this is true IMO for all other branches of those teachings.

History is the only real bible, and like i said ET seems to be part of that as is recorded in so many different ways, from as far back as man could paint what he saw on cave walls.

These big religions will have trouble coming together simply because of the greed of man, one is right and the other is wrong, and vis versa. The only way they could come together in our time is if we were to have a visit from the original ET and tell us that all we know in religion is true but mixed up, and they are the real "god" if you like, but not a god as such, but more the creator of man as an experiment, or as a worker race for them.

I don't believe in any religion as it is written, i would prefer to believe the Sumerian tablets providing they have been interpreted correctly but read with an open mind and seen literally rather than adding some kind of magical element to them, which is what after all the natives of the time would have had to do to explain what they were seeing.

It seems that humans need to have something to believe in, and the more there is the more there will be, because of the groups of individuals involved in that religion, in that one will never agree to the other so they make up their own rules, rather than agree, or accept that there is no religion and therefore nothing to hold on to. and ensure your existence in some kind of after life. This is shown throughout history as well, and one of the reasons we have had so many wars and destruction, its sad, that it can be attributed to one's belief.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm sure there might be other life out their in the cosmos, but UFO's were not created by them and are not used by them. We will never meet any 'alien' life. But we can meet plenty of the fallen ones.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

great topic..
i will add on the jinn topic as you mention it..
first its not spiritual...they are creature just like human live in this world among us..

Allah has enlightened us on the subject of Jinn through the seventy second (72nd) Surah Surah Al-Jinn, revealed late in Makkah and various other aayaat in the Holy Qur’aan.

The Holy Qur’aan reveals that Jinn are created from fire whereas the human beings are created from clay. Although they are invisible to human eyes, the jinn can see us. Like human beings they are also entrusted with responsibilities (careers, family life, etc.). They too will be rewarded for their righteousness and will receive punishment for their wickedness.

“I created jinn and mankind only that they may worship me.”
(Al Zariyat:56)

he Devil was never actually an angel, but a jinn, citing the Quranic verse "And when We said to the angels:"Prostrate yourselves unto Adam."
So they prostrated themselves except Iblis (The Devil). He was one of the jinn..." Surat Al-Kahf, 18:50.

The jinn have communities much like human societies, they eat, marry, die etc sometimes they accidentally or deliberately come into view or into contact with humans.

(on personal note jinn is the word for demon but don't mix the concept coz people have very diffrent concept of demon.just for little more
understanding you can also relate it a little to Gennie of Aladdin)
and i think they must be on different dimension from us,that why we cant see them.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

The New Age movement is attempting to use all religious texts and beliefs to find the truth. Unfortunately they are chastised by the religious institutions. Gnostic's also held beliefs similar to the New Ager's. New Age beliefs center around that we are all on this planet collectively and individually. We send out ripples that affect others in every action. It is imperative that we all realize this in order to spiritually grow together. If there is life on other planets then our ripples affect them as well. Collectively there is nothing that can stop us. In that sense, we truly are creators of our own destiny and environment. Now most religions would say you need to cower and repent before god and live a life in shame of your "sins." I personally enjoy reading the direct quotes from Jesus, or Allah or whoever. None of their direct quotes speak to anything but spiritual growth, caring for others, or taking care of yourself.

I think it's highly possible that life on other planets may be either a lower level of heaven or a higher level of heaven. It's possible that a lower level entity attempted to hijack our planet for it's own purposes and hid us from the truth of ourselves. Maybe good ET's will come to intervene as it states in the Quaran would occur.

Koran 42:29 "And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures He has scattered through them: And He has power to gather them (heavens & earth / creatures) together when He wills."

The Koran really has a ton of references to alien life, the growing earth theory, and the big bang.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by ExPostFacto]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join