It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials in Judaism and Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by troubleshooter

Good thing that in both Mayan and Hopi prophecy 2012 marks the year where the "lawless one" will be exposed. The story goes that we will lose our rebellious nature once we see the truth.

There is prophecy and anti-prophecy.

There are definitely indications that 'the lawless one' plans something...
...but he is not in control of the timing...
...he is being restrained until a time known only to the Father...
...be especially careful of religious groups who set times...
...the Spirit is not in them.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson

Originally posted by pumpkinorange
reply to post by Skyfloating

As clarification, the Bible doesn't confirm many physical worlds: only one. It also confirms a spiritual or non-physical realm with many things in it, i.e. "principalities and powers". But this doesn't necessarily mean "many, many worlds".

Ready for your mind to be Blown Away my Friend ?
Job 38: 1-31 , Job asks the lord about the cornerstones of earth , and the SONs of God , These areGods words to Job , explaining how vast and great he is , general theme ,where were you (Job) ?, when i made the things of the earth etc ,

Now i will quote Job 38 : 31 "Canst thou bind (hold back) the sweet influences of Pleides ,or loose the bands of Orion? "
From the words of the Big Guy Himself .....Touchdown !!!! Star and Flag 4 Opee, Also , ive been waiting for a thread like this for a long,long time ,been ghosting ATS since 06 !

For this you get three stars???
I cannot fathom what you all are reading into these verses.
Pls "enlighten" me.
How in the world does your post respond to what I said?
God is asking Job rhetorically, as he does throughout the book: "Can you do what I do?" That is: can you bring the Spring and the Winter? The question is rhetorical to humble Job who cannot do these things. Nothing ET-related here that I can read.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would like to add an interesting fact to note: It is mentioned in the Quran when the prophet solomon (peace be with him) prayed to Allah to grant him a kingdom that no one has had before him or wil have the like of it after him. And so Allah gave him the power to control the winds where he can travel a few months journies in just a short few days. and he was given a host of jinn working under his command including the very strong type of jinn called ifrit. He was also given the gift of hearing and talking to the animals.

Surah 34: verse 12: And to Solomon (We subjected) the wind, its morning (stride from sunrise till midnoon) was a month’s (journey), and its afternoon (stride from the midday decline of the sun to sunset) was a month’s (journey i.e. in one day he could travel two months’ (journey). And We caused a fount of (molten) brass to flow for him, and there were jinn that worked in front of him, by the Leave of his Lord. And whosoever of them turned aside from Our Command, We shall cause him to taste of the torment of the blazing Fire.

Surah 34: verse 13: They worked for him as he desired, (making) high rooms, images, basins as large as reservoirs, and (cooking) cauldrons fixed (in their places). "Work you, O family of Dâwûd (David), with thanks!" But few of My servants are grateful.

Surah 34: verse 14: Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaimân (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinn) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick. So when he fell down, the jinn saw clearly that if they had known the Unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.

Surah 27: verse 16: And Sulaimân (Solomon) inherited (the knowledge of) Dâwûd (David). He said: "O mankind! We have been taught the language of birds, and on us have been bestowed all things. This, verily, is an evident grace (from Allâh)."

Surah 27: verse 17: And there were gathered before Sulaimân (Solomon) his hosts of jinn and men, and birds, and they all were set in battle order (marching forward).

Surah 27: verse 18: Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaimân (Solomon) and his hosts should crush you, while they perceive not."

Surah 27: verse 38: He (solomon) said: "O chiefs! Which of you can bring me her throne (Queen Sheba) before they come to me surrendering themselves in obedience?"
Surah 27: verse 39: A ‘Ifrît (strong one) from the jinn said: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work."

Surah 27: verse 40: One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when he [Sulaimân (Solomon)] saw it placed before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord - to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his ownself; and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his ownself). Certainly my Lord is Rich (Free of all needs), Bountiful."

The jinn are just another one of god creations. Because there are some humans who have the gift to see the jinn, and even communicate with them.
Although I have no doubt that there are other forms of life and beings that exist in our galaxies and beyond them. BUt the knowledge is only with the one who created them all...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well there "Is" the "Rael" in Is/rael.
A 'semetic' culture?
For a Reason?
Which one?

If so, I suppose it would be a 'Good' one or One?
I See the lower case perspective.
But that is 'my' perspective.
It would be wrong for me to tell you 'yours'.....perspective that is.

I have never seen this pointed out in 'my' travels though perhaps 'another' might have shared the same 'Reason'.

If this were so, I suppose an ET would operate on 'another' frequency all together. It could very well be an invisible one at that. Gravity itself, that which every one on Earth is 'subject' to, has a frequency range within itself. It's own set of Laws so to say, like a Matrix. I don't believe most understood the theme of the movie, though perhaps that was 'also' by Design. What better way to explain something away than to acknowledge it and Paint it with a another's brush; "a different hue of blue", so to say.

But how would one know if the Raelians are who 'they' say they are. Perhaps it's a 'front' on the idea itself? What would be the best way to deceive a society of something existing? I would 'imagine' it would be to create a group, based on the truth, though deceptive in purpose. The same tactic is used quite often in the world today for similar purposes.

The Mossad of Israel's motto Is "By way of Deception, though shalt Do war." When a people are warring with one another, there is no unity. What better way to disrupt unity among a people and to subsequently Conquer them than to have them divided amongst themselves, with such TRIVIAL modes of division/deception as seen today. I don't like the cap function much myself, though sometimes I find it necessary for 'awareness' purposes though it's often Ike throwing a 'bucket' of water on the fire. The 'words' of many songs are often worded for a reason, though 'often' add up to many buckets of water.

I understand that many secrets of any society whether on Earth or some other rock, is discovered by analyzing the associated lingual syntax. If one studies the 'main' language of a society, they will most often discover the

If you find any of the above 'strange', you are correct.
You 'have' been E-stranged.....from another as well as the Self.
Not to be concerned however; Change is arriving exponentially.
All 'secrets' are to, at one point or another, "See the light of day", by a divine order or 'natural law' Of Design.

If a year of time on Earth is approximately 365 days in a year, how would one tell time on anothere (Ant 'O'er/there) planet? Perspective.....

If a planet made a 'round robin' about a Sun every 1000 days in a year, would the population live much longer, especially if the the planets moon was farther away, implying less gravity? Less gravity, less friction, less 'friction', less entropy, less entropy, increasd life span.

Now imagine a planet had more than one Sun and more than one moon, though at just the distances from one another. I would imagine this could be a whole different level of speciation developing on such a planet with it's own set of variables such as frequency, gravity, temperature, etc. etc.

Just sayin.....

It Is a big world out there.
What goes on here, Is quite minute, if you could imagine.....though quite unique and interesting at the same time.
Creation is always interesting.
It Is always In creation.
Like Vegas, though with a conscience.

Con/science.....without science.....imagine that.
Science doesn't measure the 'moment' in time.
There will always be variables of other dimensions, to defy science.
It takes an intel-lect (intellectually lectured) to discover the Reason of Platonic Forms, so to say, though it takes 'faith' to understand Gravity itself, does it not? D before E as D=E is not a proof. The proof is in 'your' pudding; of the Jell-O variety.

If any of the above sounds strange, it is because it Is.
Are you 'E-stranged' from Reality?
It seems this way, does it Not?

It will remain this way as long as One is one.
Know what I mean?

So much to say, so little time.
One can only Do what they can, I suppose.
Though sometimes an intangible 'spark' Can start a fire as well.
Just as long as it's the kind that keeps us 'warm'; Right?.

Stay warm folks.
It's Cold, for a Reason.
and getting colder.....

~WhachyatalGonabOwtWillis~
hahahahaha
Humor Is a Gift!!!!!

RAel/ity is 'something' else.....
.....is it Not?

To Be On A Wing with a Prayer.....
Imagine that.....

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"It just came to me from out of the Blue".....
.....One once said.....
Sometimes with humor in Unity with Truth.
I understand His shell went the way of SOHO, a 'Good' man, whom didn't need one of These.
Said what?

The phrase had much more 'meaning' than implied.
Hey, don't look at me that way, lol, I didn't Do it.
Just 'a' messenger, of sorts.

At that moment, with "Crystal Blue Persuasion".....Uuuhhh/Huuuuhhhh.....or Crystal blue persuasion or for the visually in/cline/d.....
one Was One.

One has the FreeWill of Choice either way.

Wonder what Shakes/Spear, 'The Riddler' would have to say?

"!Wonderful!", though in no unspoken terms, of course.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Judaism+Islam+Christianity could be united as well as Buddhism+Hinduism - that will skyrocket our understanding of things.

Foundationism (not to be confused with the school of philosophy called foundationalism), is a fictional religion invented by J. Michael Straczynski for his science fiction television show, Babylon 5. Foundationism appeared on Earth around the year 2157 in response to contact with other intelligent species in the universe. Dr. Franklin explains that "the idea behind the Foundation is that to get back to the roots of all the Earth religions, get past the doctrines to the core of each belief system to find out what they have in common. And they've got a lot more in common than you think. It's just when politics and money and nationalism get in the way that things get a little messed up." He also explains that Foundationists believe that "The closer you get to defining God, the further away it gets."
Source

BTW Skyfloating, I'm surprised you didn't mention this pivotal point in your OP: www.sacred-texts.com...

Cheers,

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is easily one of the most interesting threads i've come across in my short time on this site. I think that when the christian bible states that the three wise men followed the star of bethlehem (sorry for the spelling) was actually a UFO. Also, the part you quoted about being given wings for inter-galactic travel to other stars could have something to do with the belief that we will all transform into light at the end of earth. (Again i apologise for any spelling or grammar mistakes, i am on a mobile phone seeing as i don't have a computer living in a hostel ;o )

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
...bible states that the three wise men followed the star of bethlehem (sorry for the spelling) was actually a UFO.

It could be a number of things before it could be a 'UFO', in the technological sense that you are seeing it in. The original Greek word aster does not only translate to star but can also mean comet, planet, meteor, body. The most likely explanation would be a comet, or a meteor, considering the fact that it was indeed moving.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No one here made any specific mention of the Nephilim that have a brief mention in the book of Genesis? For those who don't know what they are, they are the alleged offspring of fallen angels and human women.

Genesis 6:1-7
1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. 5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them."

The book of Enoch, a text written by the great-grandfather of the biblical Noah of Noah's ark fame, describes in detail the descent of the Watchers to Earth, who then birthed the nephilim with human women. Judaism rejects the text, as well as a majority of Christian churches. Yet the Ethiopian Orthodox church actually considers it canon.

The nephilim may very well be hybrid off-spring of angels and women. But does this mean that one must interpret these excerpts to be proof of divine beings? Or can the angels be considered extra-terrestrials? I read through prior posts but missed any specific excerpts stating angels and extra-terrestrials existing in tandem, so I'm making the assumption angels are either divine beings or extra-terrestrials.

edit: I must be tired. I simply "forgot" to type words.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by danj3ris]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In one universe or another, this is positively hilarious.

All my life my relatives tried to get me to read religious material.
Now for the first time, I'm almost interested enough to do it

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Best Post Ever in ATS

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I recently read in one of the Examiners that the LDS church would be the least affected were disclosure to happen. Interesting.

My belief is that quite naturally all religions have many similarities, man sprung from one source so it is only natural for many core beliefs to appear in the many religions of man.

Perhaps as those closest to the beginning of "earth time" were closer to the true source of all knowledge. If you look at things from a religious standpoint, the Creator is surely able to create life in other places and is eternal and to think we were His first creations is the epitome of arrogance.

If we look at things scientifically the number of planets in this HUGE universe that could sustain life are phenomenal, so why not life elsewhere? IT is only logical that if life sprang up on the 3rd planet from the sun in an unremarkable Solar System surrounding and unremarkable small star, then of course it could happen elsewhere.

Most of us here are aware of the great probability that the many sightings and events related to UFO's and EBE's are real and the occurrences of these events is increasing. Surely this is at least real evidence that we are being visited and have been for some time.

Now, if you combine the concept that God is eternal and powerful enough to create the universe and start in motion all life, with science and what we see now....it is nearly impossible not to have faith at minimum or know at maximum that we truly are not alone! :-)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
To speak as One with a Cap~O'Hades is to See.....before we speak.
To See One is to Be One unto yourself as another.
One last time.....
tic/toc sOl lAch.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I think that when the christian bible states that the three wise men followed the star of bethlehem (sorry for the spelling) was actually a UFO.

Regarding the three wise men and star of Bethlehem, I ran across a video not long ago discussing a possible astrological explanation for it. I'm not saying that it's the truth because I wasn't there, but the information is interesting to ponder nonetheless. If you want to skip ahead, it is discussed around the 4:00 minute mark.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by gazerstar]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm tired of hearing about Sitchin.... he has been debunked over and over. www.sitchiniswrong.com... go there for starters.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow! I must say this thread is one of the better ones that I have read on this subject.

I have noted that a few times in the 3 pages it is referenced that the Christian bible does not mention aliens as much as the other books, I disagree. I think it is just mentioned differently.

Genesis 1:26 ... God said let us make man in our image.

as well as the burning bush that Moses talked to that didn't really burn... ever seen a hologram? Now imagine you have no knowledge of electricity let alone a hologram, & try to explain it.

Elisha (I think it was him) the prophet that was taken up to heaven in a "chariot of fire". Every account of UFOs that I have read or heard about has lots of lights. Again try to imagine you have no knowledge of electricity or artificial light, & try to explain it.

The bible goes on & on with stories like this. Jonah, Noah, Lot, Abraham etc etc.

Now granted I am no theologian, I just like knowledge & am completely fascinated with religion, all forms of it.

Just my thoughts though.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The Tikunei Zohar further states that every tzaddik (righteous person) will rule over a star, and therefore have a world unto himself. The 18,000 worlds mentioned above would therefore be that number of stars, presided over by the 18,000 tzaddikim that are alluded to in the verse (Ezekiel 48:35), "Around Him are 18,000." However, these may only refer to those worlds visited daily by the divine presence, but there may be innumerable worlds for the lesser tzaddikim.

Thats sounds a crazy lot like Mormonism! (I think is the one Im thinking of) where after death they get to rule over one entire world as they see fit...

I think the idea of worlds is allegory they speak of it too in the Norse Eddas and all. The 9 Worlds exists on the world tree Yggdrasil but they are not different planets. It seems to me some exist on the same plane of reality and maybe others are spiritual realms.

Notice the Torah's 18000 and I find all religion's 'worlds' are 7 or 9 or multiples of 9, so I tend to think they are mathematical allegory for something such as infinance because 9 times anything results in digits that add to 9.

Its interesting to think of.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It should be noted, especially in Europe, the main Abrahamic religions are holding joint conferences and referring to themselves, collectively, as "believers"-not Jews, Muslims or Christians.

One of the disclosure theories, point to unification of the "Great Religions" to a single religion.

Extraterrestrials in the Qu'ran are not a recent discovery, many scholars openly conclude Islam is a universal religion-if Aliens exist, Islam is likely to be their faith than Christianity or Judaism.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I just want to say that I love how almost everyone here knows everything! So, how come you're all not gods? Are any of you college professors? Are any of you religious leaders? Did any of you create the planets, space, and everything wherein? Do any of you possess infinite wisdom?....I know that I am none of the above. I just live on this earth, worship my God, pay my taxes, and read a bunch of know it alls who proclaim to know everything... IT WOULD BE REFRESHING TO ACTUALLY READ A POST WHERE THE RESPONDER GIVES THEIR OPINION AND MAYBE ASKS A QUESTION OR TWO, instead of "well, this is exactly how this is or that is, and this is what's going to happen in the future...blah, blah, blah."....There's a reason why this is a site about THEORIES. If all of you (THE ONES WHO PROCLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING) knew all the answers, we wouldn't have this site, would we???

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27
I just want to say that I love how almost everyone here knows everything! So, how come you're all not gods? Are any of you college professors? Are any of you religious leaders? Did any of you create the planets, space, and everything wherein? Do any of you possess infinite wisdom?....I know that I am none of the above. I just live on this earth, worship my God, pay my taxes, and read a bunch of know it alls who proclaim to know everything... IT WOULD BE REFRESHING TO ACTUALLY READ A POST WHERE THE RESPONDER GIVES THEIR OPINION AND MAYBE ASKS A QUESTION OR TWO, instead of "well, this is exactly how this is or that is, and this is what's going to happen in the future...blah, blah, blah."....There's a reason why this is a site about THEORIES. If all of you (THE ONES WHO PROCLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING) knew all the answers, we wouldn't have this site, would we???

All I've read in this thread are the results of people doing exactly what you have in your signature:

"Wisdom is the application of things learned."-ME

[edit on 13-2-2010 by gazerstar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join