It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for 9/11 Conspiracy Theorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Schmoe1223

Did Bin Laden immediately claim responsibility or was it years later?

Actually, he initially denied responsibility.

Then once the CIA had murdered him and installed his puppet replacement... well you know the rest.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cardinalfan0596
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Except.....they weren't. The Bin Laden family members in the US were gathered together. The FBI interviewed several of them, and then after the flight ban was lifted, they flew out of the US.

I was always under the impression that they were flown out during the flight ban?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I believe Bin Laden was duped. He and his entire family lived in the USA and had ties to some big names big corps. As we all know the CIA invented Al Queda (even invented the name) during the Cold War and befriended many radical Islamic groups who they saw as allies to the fight against Russia and communism. As far back as 1970 the USA used the Muslim Brotherhood to prevent the spread of marxist ideology into Egypt. I think Bin Laden was somehow blackmailed into taking the fall and told his family would be safe if he or the group admitted responsibility, hence the reason they were flown out. But I don't believe Bin Laden had the full story, nor expected the scenario that occurred with 9/11

Unfortunately, the USA intelligence and military have a long history of using whoever and whatever to further their goals and have no qualms about lying hell I think even most Presidents probably never knew the full stories behind what the CIA et al were up to half the time

The name Al Queda actually means "the database". This refers to the huge amount of data that was held on Islamic terror groups and extremists.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Except.....they weren't. The Bin Laden family members in the US were gathered together. The FBI interviewed several of them, and then after the flight ban was lifted, they flew out of the US.

I was always under the impression that they were flown out during the flight ban?

Several sources agree with you, since the beginning.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe1223
I posted recently in another 9/11 thread, but I think I caught the tail end of it and didn't get any possible explanations, so I'll try again here.

I basically said I wouldn't put anything past our government, but if they indeed perpetrated 9/11, why wouldn't Osama bin Laden/al-quaida/Taliban have taken that opportunity to really drive home their idea of how evil the west is by simply saying "we didn't do it."

Well, Taliban was never accused of it, they just demanded proof of Bin Laden's guilt as he denied it and by extension so did Al-Qaeda.

Taliban would not hand over Bin Laden without proof, and the Bush administration would not offer that - and they did not point to Bin Laden's confession, simply because no such confession existed.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Several sources agree with you, since the beginning.

I thought it was a fact. Has it been disputed?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Well yeah, if you hang out on Truther websites you will think that. The reality is, they left the states after air traffic resumed.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

No, several conspiracy sites agree with him. Reality does not.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...
"Lauer: "So at no time did you discuss evacuating bin Laden family members from the United States while the U.S. airspace was still closed down?"
Bin Laden: "It was impossible. U.S. airspace was closed. Nobody could move."
Lauer: "Michael Moore leaves the impression that 23 members of the bin Laden family were given special treatment, at the very least, by U.S. officials, to leave the United States in the days immediately following Sept. 11."
Bin Laden: "That is not true. The airplane landed in Geneva. I went to the airport."
Lauer: "What day?"
Bin Laden: "It was Thursday the 20th of September."
That was seven days after U.S. airspace had re-opened. NBC News analyst Roger Cressey worked on the National Security Council at the time and says the NSC approved the Saudi flights.
cressey: "We had asked the FBI, did they have any reason to keep these planes and prevent these individuals from leaving. The Bureau told us they did not. So we said, well, if you're ok with it, we're going to let them go."

NBC News interview with Yeslam Bin Laden, half brother to Osama

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

No, several conspiracy sites agree with him. Reality does not.

I think Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 911 perpetuated that myth of Saudi's being 'whisked away'.

It's not true but it made for an exciting story.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Washington Post, July 22, 2004

www.washingtonpost.com...

"At least 13 relatives of Osama bin Laden, accompanied by bodyguards and associates, were allowed to leave the United States on a chartered flight eight days after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, according to a passenger manifest released yesterday.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They left the country on a private charter plane when airports reopened three days after the attacks.

www.cbsnews.com...

In his first interview since the attacks, Saudi Ambassador Bandar bin Sultan, also said that private planes carrying the kingdom's deputy defense minister and the governor of Mecca, both members of the royal family, were grounded and intially caught up in the F.B.I. dragnet. Both planes, one jumbo jet carrying 100 family members, and the other 40, were eventually allowed to leave when airports reopened and passports were checked.

mobile.nytimes.com...

The confusion comes in because they used private aircraft to collect the family members, but private aircraft were still grounded when they did. It took White House approval for private aircraft to fly.

www.vanityfair.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

NY Times, September 30, 2001

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cardinalfan0596

Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Did you really believe you had a question of some merrit?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Did you really believe you had a question of some merrit?

I think his question was interesting and has led to some good discussion, whats your issue with it?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The question is based on a obviously false assumption from the get go.
How can we assume we know what Bin Laden said ever? Doesn't even
make any sense.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Bin Laden was meeting with a Saudi cleric - he boasted of how planned attack and estimated casualties

On December 13, 2001, the United States State Department released a video tape apparently showing bin Laden speaking with Khaled al-Harbi and other associates, somewhere in Afghanistan, before the U.S. invasion had driven the Taliban regime from Kandahar. The State Department stated that the tape was captured by U.S. forces in Afghanistan during a raid on a house in Jalalabad. The tape was aired with an accompanying English translation. In this translation, Osama bin Laden displays knowledge of the timing of the actual attack a few days in advance; the translation attributes the following lines to bin Laden

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Bin Laden never laid claim to 9/11. He said "who had the most to gain?". It was a very good question.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join