It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Worked late tonight. Heard about this but details are sketchy, even on social media where info is the speed of light (and the focus of a scatter shotgun).

Any info coming out on who/what/why?

I seen some fakeass video of someone with a poor accent doing the allah stuff, but..yeah, fake video is fake.

According to the media -
Terrorist suicide bomber - nail bomb vest.
Struck at the end of the concert when people started leaving.
Mainly kids at the concert.
Bomber identity has been made but not released.
Speculation as of now - ISIS is claiming responsibility.

19 dead
lots injured.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This question still has not been answered. I was hoping Kali would try as I am eager to see anyone try to answer that question.

Jihad - Often described as Holy war however the actual meaning is simply to struggle and can be used for a lot of different areas.

Suicide - Quran forbids suicide / suicide bombers - verses 21: 107, 34: 28, 17: 105, and 25: 56

Murder - Murder of a person, which all are created by God, is forbidden - Qur’an 6:151. The ten commandments are actually distorted on this topic as its often said "Thou shall not kill". The correct translation is "Thou shall not murder". All religions / their texts make killing in some circumstances acceptable.

Conversion to Islam - The Quran forbids forced conversion of non Muslims to Muslim - The Cow, 2:256. Conversion must be voluntary. Anything less is forbidden.

Warfare - The Quran forbids aggressive warfare. If the enemy desires peace then so shall Muslims. If the enemy attacks Muslims then Muslims may respond but Islam can never be the aggressor - The Cow,” 2:190, 8:61

Killing non combatants / civilians - Forbidden.

The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

Terrorism (hirabah) - Forbidden by Islamic law / Quran - Surah al-Ma’ida 5:33–34 -

brigandage, highway robbery and extortion rackets– any illicit use of fear and coercion in public spaces for money or power.

Justice -

The Qur’an demands of believers that they exercise justice toward people even where they have reason to be angry with them: “And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

Christians / Jews -

The Qur’an assures Christians and Jews of paradise if they believe and do good works, and commends Christians as the best friends of Muslims.
- Quran 5:69 says (Arberry): “Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness–their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow.”

Just touching on a few points.

The issue revolves around religious leaders issuing their own interpretations of Islam to suit their agenda.

There is just as much stupidity in the Jewish and Christian religions as there are in the Muslim religion.

As an example Westborrow Baptist lunatics.

ISIS is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Exactly.

That right there is what I think the whole idea behind not calling ISIS, Muslims, comes from.

It's not about allowing terrorism. Or supporting radicals at all. It's about not promoting the idea that Muslims = ISIS.

Just like we wouldn't promote the idea that KKK radicals are Christians. Because people would start hating all Christians because of the association that's being promoted.

Yet the connection is there to a degree which cannot be ignored. That causes the partisan issues and opens others up for other types of attacks.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You keep changing the topic and avoiding things that are being said and going in other directions it seems to me.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Worked late tonight. Heard about this but details are sketchy, even on social media where info is the speed of light (and the focus of a scatter shotgun).

I seen some fakeass video of someone with a poor accent doing the allah stuff, but..yeah, fake video is fake.

According to the media -

19 dead
lots injured.

Whats the Vegas odds that it was the religion of peace?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes because you're clearly too ignorant to bother learning HOW to read the Koran, you can't just cherry pick verses like that. If you do that with the Bible you end up with the same ugliness.

Strange, I've not seen any examples of the Bible condoning dishonesty to save one's own ass, yet it is there in the Quran and even moreso in the various hadiths. HOW does one read the Koran? I'd assume the same way one reads the Bible: one word at a time. Sorry, can you lead me to the parts of the Koran that forbid terrorizing your enemies, attacking infidels, taking child brides, lying, or otherwise being a uncivilized jackass to your non-Muslim neighbors? I can show you passages, nay I can show you COMMANDMENTS in the Bible that verbatim command Jews and Christians to NOT do these things from God's own words to Moses and through Jesus. So please, lead me to the Koranic equivalent of these commandments that actually could be used as some manner of evidence that Islam is a peaceful religion.

Sometimes I wish I were a MOD, so I could applaud posts like this. I gave a star though, as insignificant as that is...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You keep changing the topic and avoiding things that are being said and going in other directions it seems to me.
It is war!! This is as dangerous as the Nazis and people like to pretend it is not.
Nothing is going to stop it from spreading out of the Islam world.
edit on 22-5-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

According to the media -

19 dead
lots injured.

I would say the odds of the lunatic being a terrorist hiding behind a religion he doesnt represent to be pretty good.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

A lot of these incidents that are blamed on Muslim extremists are questionable. Wasn't Beslan the incident where the Russian security services gassed everybody in the auditorium? In the case at Nice the truck was cleared through barriers by the security services. Even if a Muslim is arrested in an incident or killed in a shootout, it is not always an indication that the operation wasn't steered in some way.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ipsedixit

This kind of thing sure makes Trumps Travel Ban seem more like a good idea doesn't it???

Not saying that is what it is, but I'm just following your thinking here a little bit.

It's been rejected twice. He's not happy about that. Nor are many of his supporters. If only there was a way to scare people into agreeing with something like that???

Your not good with logic are you????? So wouldn't a terrorist attack on the USA be more effective to influence US policies. Trust me things that happen in Europe will have little effect in the US. Many here will just say anything like that could happen here.
edit on 5/22/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Fair point...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Worked late myself and have been trying to catch up. Anyone have any videos of this tragic event?
edit on 22-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

According to the media -

19 dead
lots injured.

I would say the odds of the lunatic being a terrorist hiding behind a religion he doesnt represent to be pretty good.

Nobody represents a religion..well, short of a pope for catholics anyhow
But that also means the religion in question cannot dismiss the person...especially if the person in question happens to know some aspects of said religion to begin with that could justify the action.

Islam needs a Renaissance.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Fox News / Sky News live stream (ignore the donald trump image, its a placeholder image).

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Ok. I guess.

Although by definition I'm not sure War works well. Wars involve specific nation states and have known objectives and goals and defined armies and stuff.

Terrorism is an idea and can vary a lot in how it manifests itself in reality.

Terrorism is more of a method or tactic sometimes used in War than a War itself.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thanks.

PS - The Trump placeholder image does not offend me, geeeze LOL.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
All over the internet right now. Dont tell the truth. Muslim snowflakes feelings are more important then the victims.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

You're a class act. Thanks for posting all the quotes and info. I very much appreciate it!

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join