It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs heard in Manchester UK

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

This is one of the top links on Google news right now. They are already switching to Ostrich mode.

There's only one way Britain should respond to attacks such as Manchester. That is by carrying on exactly as before.

The alternative is to succumb more to authoritarian ways for safety, bomb more Muslim cities... allowing more psychopathic warlords to take advantage of orphaned children and traumatized, starving people.
edit on 5/22/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Are there any reports of the bomber shouting Allah Akhbar?
Seems strange he wouldnt shout that if that's the case!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This question still has not been answered. I was hoping Kali would try as I am eager to see anyone try to answer that question.

Jihad - Often described as Holy war however the actual meaning is simply to struggle and can be used for a lot of different areas.

Suicide - Quran forbids suicide / suicide bombers - verses 21: 107, 34: 28, 17: 105, and 25: 56

Murder - Murder of a person, which all are created by God, is forbidden - Qur’an 6:151. The ten commandments are actually distorted on this topic as its often said "Thou shall not kill". The correct translation is "Thou shall not murder". All religions / their texts make killing in some circumstances acceptable.

Conversion to Islam - The Quran forbids forced conversion of non Muslims to Muslim - The Cow, 2:256. Conversion must be voluntary. Anything less is forbidden.

Warfare - The Quran forbids aggressive warfare. If the enemy desires peace then so shall Muslims. If the enemy attacks Muslims then Muslims may respond but Islam can never be the aggressor - The Cow,” 2:190, 8:61

Killing non combatants / civilians - Forbidden.

The killing of innocent non-combatants is forbidden. According to Sunni tradition, ‘Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, the first Caliph, gave these instructions to his armies: “I instruct you in ten matters: Do not kill women, children, the old, or the infirm; do not cut down fruit-bearing trees; do not destroy any town . . . ” (Malik’s Muwatta’, “Kitab al-Jihad.”)

Terrorism (hirabah) - Forbidden by Islamic law / Quran - Surah al-Ma’ida 5:33–34 -

brigandage, highway robbery and extortion rackets– any illicit use of fear and coercion in public spaces for money or power.

Justice -

The Qur’an demands of believers that they exercise justice toward people even where they have reason to be angry with them: “And do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness.”[5:8]

Christians / Jews -

The Qur’an assures Christians and Jews of paradise if they believe and do good works, and commends Christians as the best friends of Muslims.
- Quran 5:69 says (Arberry): “Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabeaans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness–their wage waits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow.”

Just touching on a few points.

The issue revolves around religious leaders issuing their own interpretations of Islam to suit their agenda.

There is just as much stupidity in the Jewish and Christian religions as there are in the Muslim religion.

As an example Westborrow Baptist lunatics.

ISIS is to Islam as the KKK is to Christianity.

If this is really what Islam is about why are there not more muslims on
MSM denouncing terrorists and demanding their communities openly speak out against such henious crimes

Christians speak out against the KKK all the time.

I want to see more muslims publically speak out against this as well as in their communities .. 😡

they have been however they arent getting wide spread coverage... From previous incidents.

* - UK Muslim leaders condemn 'cowardly' London attack
* - #Notinmyname: Hundreds of Muslims condemn terror attack
* - Muslim community condemns vandal attack on graves at Chadderton Cemetery
* - Muslim women gather to form human chain on Westminster Bridge in honour of victims killed in London terror attack
* - Stand against extremism: Manchester Muslims join thousands across UK to denounce ISIS terror
* - Islamic Statements Against Terrorism
* - Muslims Around the World Speak Out Against Terrorist Attacks in Paris
* - London attack: Muslim Council of Britain condemns Westminster terror attack

* - Jordan condemns London, Sinai terror attacks
* - Iranian Foreign Ministry condemns London terrorist attack

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011
Wow that video sure puts into perspective how things can change in an instant.

It is going to be heartbreaking to find out how many of the deaths may have occurred just from the stampede alone.

I'm kind of curious about the "abandoned cloths" they decided to blow up. I wonder if it was significant in any other way and they just blew up the evidence. Was it just like a backpack someone dumped or left behind or??? It just keeps sort of tickling the back of my mind. Something about it but can't put my finger on it. The bombers get away change of cloths? Hmmm....

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
To our very close allies, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
19 girls slaughtered and over 50 injured.
What will the British do? We will soon see.
I'm sure we have 5 or 6 MOAB's that could be delivered to the RAF.
Once they figure out that it was Iran supported, I'm sure Tehran
would be an excellent target.
The only way to deal with these muslims is to bring destruction on a MASSIVE scale.
BTW, I''ll be happy to send them 20 gallons of beacon grease to place inside the MOABs.
And no, I don't hate them, no more than a rapid dog. You just have to put it down.
Peace through superior firepower.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Uggh a counter terrorism expert made an interesting point.

Suicide bombers generally dont make their own suicide vests leaving open the possibility that there is a active cell with a bomb maker.

I said this earlier judging from the amount of deaths this was a high explosive. This isn't amonIA nitrite a low end explosive. This bomb was big enough to kill 19 people. To give you an idea a grenade wouldn't get that level of kill. So more than likely this was a professional bomb maker.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for pointing those out .. I wasn't aware of how many denounced various attacks.

Makes me feel better and a little safer.😕

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

This is one of the top links on Google news right now. They are already switching to Ostrich mode.

There's only one way Britain should respond to attacks such as Manchester. That is by carrying on exactly as before.

The alternative is to succumb more to authoritarian ways for safety, bomb more Muslim cities... allowing more psychopathic warlords to take advantage of orphaned children and traumatized, starving people.

The alternative is to recognize that there is a serious problem in Europe that needs to be addressed. Hundreds of people have died in terrorist attacks in France, Germany and the UK in the past 18 months. Enough is enough.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Standard safety procedure when it comes to lone / suspicious packages in areas where people congregate. Easier to detonate it and go from. If it was related they can still obtain evidence from it. Keep in mind that the UK is wired with security cameras from top to bottom so they could still check to see who left the item and go from there.

It is possible to obtain trace evidence / fingerprints even from items that have exploded.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

If this is really what Islam is about why are there not more muslims on
MSM denouncing terrorists and demanding their communities openly speak out against such henious crimes

Just how many do you want? How many more is enough for you?

The 712-page Google doc that proves Muslims do condemn terroris
This Muslim Teen's Spreadsheet Of Muslims Condemning Terrorist
#Notinmyname: Hundreds of Muslims condemn terror attack
Muslims Condemn
UK Muslim leaders condemn 'cowardly' London attack
Arab and Muslim leaders condemn 'vile terrorist attack' in Nice
American Muslims denounce Orlando shooting, extremism
Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks - Islamic Center of East Lansing
Muslim leaders denounce attack on French church

Perhaps the better question to ask is why you don't hear about the countless Muslims who condemn and denounce such vile attacks each and every time they happen:

You wouldn't know it from the press but moderate Muslims do denounce terrorism

Quick Answer: Because it doesn't fit the political narrative.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The alternative is to recognize that there is a serious problem in Europe that needs to be addressed. Hundreds of people have died in terrorist attacks in France, Germany and the UK in the past 18 months. Enough is enough.

This could lead to mass deportations one of these days all according to your religious stance. Thats why so many are calling condemnation on this who are muslim in britain. To save their own bacon.(some of them prolly do feel sorry though to be honest)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It was supposedly packed with nail as shrapnel to cause more damage than just an explosive charge. This was very much intended to cause damage to as many people as possible but without being so large as to kill the person dropping it and running.

Maybe even to not cause too much damage to surrounding structures and only damage people???

Not sure on what all the reasoning might be for something like this, but I'm sure there are experts that have some ideas.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Safer? They always condemn 'AFTER' the attacks but never cooperate before. It is always the same line.

Imam (insert name) states " he was a good Muslim who came to the Mosque but he was told not to come back because of radical thoughts"....

I want someone to find a link that shows where an Imam turned someone in to stop a terror plot. Go ahead. You will not find one.

They are reactive to make sure that they are deemed 'moderate' but never stop attacks. Ever.

Hours before the attack, the Muslim Mayor of London was decrying immigration policies and what did he say in September of 2016?

Sadiq Khan has said he believes the threat of terror attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city

What did the newly elected leader of France say about terror?

‘Part of Our Daily Lives for Years to Come’

No, it is not and it is more conditioning. Sorry, Islam is not the religion of peace.
edit on 05pm31pmf0000002017-05-22T23:41:42-05:001142 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Hmmm.... So far I have only seen one pic, on the site you linked that indicates a possible bad situation has happened, but it's not clear and no context is given. No further pics of that.. I'm NOT saying that I want to see some graphic pics, but in this day and age, there almost always are. Not only that, but we KNOW that in cases like this, people tend to just believe everything without any shred of evidence. We have a LOT of hearsay and some videos with people panicking.

Not one video shows anything of substance other than some people panicking after a noise was heard. Weird.

I'm not saying nothing happened, but this is a little strange to me. The "boom" isn't even a big BOOM in all the videos so far, and seems it could have been anything. Perhaps more damming vids are to come.

edit on 22-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Trying to keep up; has there been any proof behind a package being dropped or a bomber who blew themselves up?

I did hear that they were looking for a ...finger?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for pointing those out .. I wasn't aware of how many denounced various attacks.

Makes me feel better and a little safer.😕

I just saw this -- and that someone had already responded.

My apologies if it seems I was just piling on. I didn't mean to... that's what I get for reading and posting past my bedtime!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah. Earlier in this thread someone was saying they were reviewing video of someone dropping something, vest or backpack or something and then running right before the bomb went off.

That may have changed by now but that was the last kind of description of this that I read.

Oh by they, I don't mean the person here, I meant they as in the police.
edit on 22-5-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Quick Answer: Because it doesn't fit the political narrative.

Or perhaps its only to save face

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I missed a few posts.. this is a long thread and I wasn't aware someone had already given examples.
No apologies needed.. facts are what matter and I got them.🙂

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

G M Police‏Verified account @gmpolice 2h2 hours ago

Latest statement on incident at Manchester Arena @CCIanHopkins

For larger image -
edit on 22-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join