It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shameful: We Offer ID's To Illegal Immigrants And Then Hide This Data From Feds

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yep, you heard right. Emily Tucker, a senior staff attorney with the Center for Popular Democracy(CPD), told the Wichita Eagle newspaper that cities giving out IDs to illegal immigrants must throw out all the data they have on those individuals.

About a dozen states have created special driver's license programs for people who can't prove U.S. citizenship, and more than a dozen cities have started identification programs so that unauthorized immigrants and others can complete tasks such as opening bank accounts, enrolling their children in school and receiving government services.

Documents that cities require to prove identity and residency under the programs include birth certificates, foreign identification documents, passports or utility bills. Under most programs, cities are prohibited from copying or retaining documents. City officials must simply review them and give them back, Tucker said.

New York City's was one of just a few city programs under which documents were retained. Under a December rule change, the New York program will no longer do so. As other cities consider creating programs, Tucker suggests that they follow the same practice. And applications should only ask for the information needed to administer the program, Tucker said. "ICE can't get data that you don't keep."

www.kansas.com...

Tucker wants the general public to sign up for municipal IDs too, probably to make it harder for the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to locate illegals:

At the local level, about 15 cities have created municipal IDs as a way to "make life easier" for undocumented immigrants, Tucker said.

Another way to increase the privacy of immigrants, Tucker said, is to get the general public to sign up for the IDs by offering various benefits to cardholders.

www.kansas.com...

This is essentially the same thing that "sanctuary cities" in the US are doing...protecting illegal immigrants by providing them with a safe haven. Cooperation by state and local law enforcement with federal immigration agents IS NEEDED to stem the tide of illegal immigration. However, some jurisdictions with “sanctuary polices” prohibit such cooperation. I believe "shielding" illegal immigrants is STUPID. It is also ILLEGAL!

Sanctuary cities are a blatant violation of federal law. Some on the left have tried to claim that they're perfectly legal, but this is clearly false. As James Walsh, former associate general counsel of Immigration and Naturalization Services, explains, 8 USC section 1324 "deals with those persons who knowingly conceal, harbor, or shield undocumented aliens and could apply to officials in sanctuary cities and states."

www.dailywire.com...

It is also UNSAFE!

"Two-thirds of all outstanding felony warrants in the city of Los Angeles involved illegal aliens -- as well as 95% of outstanding murder warrants." Additionally, Jessica Vaughn of the Center for Immigration Studies found that in a nine-month timeframe in 2014, sanctuary cities shielded 9,265 illegals from deportation, 62 percent of which "had significant prior criminal histories" and 2,320 of them were subsequently rearrested for new crimes, according to Daniel Horowitz at Conservative Review.

According to Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry, crime has risen in "sanctuary cities" across the nation. Landry told the House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security, that sanctuary city policies "allow illegals to commit crimes, then roam free in our communities." Landry’s appearance was prompted by the changed status of New Orleans, where city police are now banned from asking an individual's immigration status. Using recent statistics from Los Angeles, another sanctuary city, Landry asserted, “Los Angeles saw all crime rise in 2015: violent crime up 19.9 percent, homicides up 10.2 percent, shooting victims up 12.6 percent, rapes up 8.6 percent, robberies up 12.3 percent, and aggravated assault up 27.5 percent … (sanctuary cities) encourage further illegal immigration and promote an underground economy that sabotages the tax base."

www.dailywire.com...

Are you an illegal who's facing deportation because YOU BROKE OUR LAW and now are in trouble? Don't worry there are people trying to help you too!

Soros’ Open Society Foundation has donated $100,000 to a Baltimore legal fund, created by a number of open borders groups, to pay for lawyers for illegal immigrants as they try to avoid deportation.

www.breitbart.com...

What ticks me off is when the Left say Trump's administration, as well as conservatives, intimidate immigrant communities. That we treat all immigrants like "threats and as criminals," or we "link immigration and crime.''

“Attorney General Sessions is grandstanding at the border in an attempt to look tough and scare immigrants,'' said Frank Sharry, executive director of America's Voice Education Fund. "It’s yet another example of the Trump administration treating all immigrants as threats and as criminals.'' Josh Breisblatt, a policy analyst at the American Immigration Council, said the attorney general's prosecution directive effectively makes illegal entry prosecutions a national priority, beyond the border states where the majority of cases are brought. "This is a waste of resources,'' Breisblatt said. "It seems to be a further attempt to link immigration and crime.''

www.usatoday.com...

I guess reading comprehension is lacking in some people. Trump, as well as many Americans, ARE NOT against immigrants who apply for citizenship LEGALLY. We're against immigrants who come to our country ILLEGALLY and tap into benefits that are in place for American CITIZENS. I guess members from the American Immigration Council don't bother reading about crime statistics involving ILLEGAL immigrants either. Did you read the crime stats above that occurred in Los Angeles 2 years ago? Well, this is from 2 days ago:

More than 40 suspected members of the notorious MS-13 gang faced federal charges Wednesday in Los Angeles in what law enforcement officials called one of the most significant busts of the transnational gang in its notorious decades-long history.

"This gang is responsible for murders — both of rival gangsters and innocent bystanders — as well as drug dealing and extortion in many communities in the Los Angeles area," Acting United States Attorney Sandra R. Brown said in the statement.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Continued:

Wednesday's arrests are part of a multi-agency case led by the FBI that started in 2014. FBI Assistant Director in Charge Deirdre Fike told said in a news conference that more than half of the MS-13 members arrested and charged are in the country illegally and it is unclear how long they have been in the United States.

According to police officials, 12 guns, thousands of dollars in cash and drugs, and 15 children were found at the homes raided Wednesday. An early morning raid at a storefront along a strip of dilapidated buildings also found at least seven people locked in a room and they are being investigated as possible human trafficking victims.

abcnews.go.com...
It’s very simple. If you break the law in this country, you get in trouble and get punished. If you’re an undocumented immigrant, who enters the United States, you’re breaking the law and ICE will arrest and deport you.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

hmmmm...looks like the destruction of the USA is continuing according to someone's plan.

How else are those jobs that ordinary Americans don't want to do are going to be filled?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I am a little curious. Is it only illegal immigrants from particular nationalities that are being given some sort of status? I am from Scotland and I am sure that if I was found to have entered the US illegally then I would be instantly deported, working or not.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

How else are those jobs that ordinary Americans don't want to do are going to be filled?

Can you give any LEGITIMATE examples at all ?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its the modern-day underground railroad

Thats not necessarily a good thing, unless youre an illegal immigrant

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
if these ids are considered to hold about the same amount of weight as say a student id, then there is no harm done really. for most gov't agencies, they have a rather limited number of forms of identification that they find acceptable with two or three different documents needed. heck, I spent about an hour one day just trying to figure out if my driver's license would be accepted... I imagine it would since it's from virginia and was a pain in the arse to get for my kids when we first came here.

the thing is, we don't really want all those illegals gone anyways, never did. we like the idea that we can exploit them, pay them less, be immune to the labor laws. the problem isn't with offering them a form of id with less easier requirements, it's with choosing to turn a blind eye when big business brings in truckloads of illegals to work their fields, or work in their restaurants.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
if this is such a good idea than why not expand the program to include all criminals even the criminals who are American citizens?

maybe they could start small at first and expand the program to include people who buy,sell or use illegal drugs?

It could work this way:
when you go to the department of motor vehicles to get a or renew your license you just tell them that you use, buy or sell illegal drugs and then they would be required to destroy all your data AFTER issuing you a license.

giving special rights to one group of criminals but not to all the other groups of criminals seems like it is unconstitutional.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I like the analogy. The world is crazy as it is. As a parent, who cares for his family and friends, I worry about crime. Every time I read a news article these days, there seems to be a story about illegal aliens who have entered our country many times and who have committed murder, assault, rape or even driven drunk on our roads. I'm also pissed off at the way our vets have been treated in this country. Some come back from service, scarred mentally and physically broken and have a hard time getting seen by a doctor to be treated. That's why many of them wind up on the streets. These undocumented immigrants come into our country ILLEGALLY and get benefits, like free health care and schooling and now I read people want to coddle and shelter them from authorities who want to deport them. They're CRIMINALS who broke the law! It's unbelievable!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yeah, but LEGAL immigrants who gain citizenship, often can't speak English and are often forced to work these poor paying jobs just to earn a living. We shouldn't exploit ILLEGALS and BREAK labor laws doing so. We should DEPORT them and make it EASIER for immigrants to gain citizenship LEGALLY. These immigrants would be happy to take ANY job, often the low paying, physically demanding ones, that most Americans refuse to do.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

By the way...I wish I escaped from NY!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

lol.... it's not gotten any better up there?? I wish it would, it is my home, also wish global warming would kick in and it would warm up!! but as it is, when my relatives and friends ask me when I am coming up for a visit I tend to tell them never!! the state is probably still run by a bunch of crooks.

the last company I worked in here hired alot of the refugees from different areas of the world. to be honest, some spoke better english than I did, but they came from napal, but maybe that was just where the refugee center they were at was. think they were once an english colony, so that is probably why they spoke english so good. but that wasn't really that low paying of a job, wasn't high paying either but it was a decent starter job. and well, they got quite a bit of help from gov't programs so they weren't doing too badly.
now, the chinese restaurant that we often went to we flip their help about every three months or so, and when the new help came in, they really didn't know english too well. when I mentioned shipping them in by the truckloads, that was what I was thinking about. I really think that they had them shipped in, stayed here just long enough to get a handle of things, and they were shipped to other, classier places or something... the last time we went to the place, one of the girls did something wrong and the manager really sounded like he was getting down on her yelling in chinese a little too hard. that was the last time we went. weather it was right or not, I got the impression from their exchange that the girls weren't really that "free"?
the restaurant was closed up soon after that.
but, the reason why the illegal immigration has been left unchecked for so long is that there's quite a few employers taking advantage of them that have more clout than we do so I really don't think they will really do much about it. might talk a good talk, but actions speak louder than words.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Great thread.

top topics

join