It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strikes hit SAA convoy on the way to the Tanf border crossing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You mean like the title stated?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Oh, lord that is what we need now, Russia opening their mouth to condemn the attack I wonder what they will do now.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

One official said the pro-government forces had entered a "de-confliction" zone without authorization and were perceived as a threat to U.S.-allied troops there. The officials said the strike was a defensive move to protect the U.S. allies. It wasn't clear if U.S. forces were also there.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they weren't authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

LATimes.com- US airstrike hits pro-Assad forces in Syria.

It is from AP and just up on the LA Times site.

"De-confliction"?? Strange term. But in the end, "don't go there in a bulldozer announced."

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You don't give a warning and then strike. You stand in the middle of the road and block them. This is a dangerous move. If there were SAA casualties, it would be feared the PMU would unleash on US servicemen in revenge.

One of the groups in the convoy is the Ali militia which is part of the PMU.

twitter.com...

edit on 18-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

You mean like the title stated?

Yea but now it's posted on Reddit, so it's legit. When the Associate Press posted it, it was still dicey.

#redditapproved

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Meh. I know, you have a part to play, so play it.

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

A syrian militia reclaiming syrian soil? Screw them, right? Yeah. Not. Sure.

Next time the US of fricken Asshats operates in foreign territory, high on flumsy excuses "for democracy, freedom and all that", you better watch who you're throwing bombs at. How's that for starters?

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

its where he got his information from, the thread that he was pulling this out of, instead changed it to fit his own narrative.

KTHX

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

They had a choice.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They will have something to say, no doubt about that.

Just yesterday the State Department called on Russia to increase pressure on Assad to play ball with a cease fire arrangement. This coming after the news broke about a crematorium possibly being used to hide civilian killings at a facility in Saydnaya.

Much of that effort involves public pressure, as the State Department released surveillance photos Monday officials said showed a probable crematorium at the Saydnaya military prison. "We call upon Russia to use its influence with the Assad regime to get it to adhere to a lasting negotiated ceasefire,” said Heather Nauert, the State Department spokesperson, as she opened a presentation of those surveillance photos. “That ceasefire, we believe, will reduce violence and also ensure unhindered humanitarian access and stop the indiscriminate killings of civilians.”

Fox Source

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Update. 6 KIA 3 WIA so far. This is gonna get ugly.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

There is no ceasefire against Islamic State in eastern Syria and there never will be. Both SAA and SDF are fighting Islamic State in eastern Syria.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Update. This is the official statement from the US.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

And they chose to support ISIS instead. Good dogs of war, great for mil-ind complexes. Makes 'em even greater, again and again and ah... whatever. You'll catch the drift.

But I digress, maybe. Maybe not. Agreed to disagree?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I understand that. The State Department wants to negotiate one to limit civilian deaths and they're trying to get Russia involved in that.

I agree with you. There will never be a ceasefire arrangement.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

They are Syrian servicemen and Iraqi Imam Ali brigade militia. Any attack on them is an attack on Syria and Iraq.

Okay so...post something that says it was the Imam Ali brigade that was hit? That would be a good starting point.

Because, again, all you're doing is spewing random words strung together while not providing anything to show relevance. You're using terms that mean different things interchangeably as if they're synonyms.

Imam Ali brigades are supposed to be Iranian proxy forces. Now, how relevant is that? Not very, but if we're just going to post things and consider it a point, there's my contribution.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Russia has not dropped a bomb for weeks. It is the US that is daily dropping bombs on civilians in Raqqa so Trump can claim victory in Raqqa and show off.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thanks, I have not been following the Syria conflict for a while, due to the news that now a days are inundating the net.

Is soo much going on that is hard to keep up.

But it was US warplanes the ones that attack the pro Assad forces for the first time.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Imam Ali is part of PMU. PMU is Ayatollah Ali's army. The Ayatollah is the most powerful man in Iraq.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Oh, lord that is what we need now, Russia opening their mouth to condemn the attack I wonder what they will do now.

Russia made efforts to get the convoy to stop so... I doubt they'll be doing much.

This was despite #Russian attempts to dissuade pro-regime movement towards At Tanf, #Coalition aircraft show of force, & warning shots2/3— Inherent Resolve (@CJTFOIR) May 18, 2017

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join