It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strikes hit SAA convoy on the way to the Tanf border crossing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Do you think may be the SAA did not get the warning as it was described?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Frank Underwood:
"We don´t submit to terror, WE ARE THE SOURCE OF THE TERROR!

That´s how the sane world sees the former USA now. Isolating itself, the "Empire" that crumbles and tries to save itself with a war, before breaking complete apart, like all the other (real!) Empires before. But fools won´t learn from history...
ByeBye, "Worldpolice"!

The sane worlds population is not standing behind you anymore! Nobody, except SA maybe, will back you anymore, for such actions like attacking souverain nations on their own soil for moving their own troops on own soil, without any declaration of war.

Because the sane world is against terrorism, wars and the dictatorship of the rich, the military and secret services, even if "our best friends" are the reason and source for that whole damned terror thing since the very, very questionable 9/11 events!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

and so the "oh no mandate" argument pops up.

Spoken like a true snowflake. That's a pretty lame response to a valid point, towel?

Also, the moment you sound like this Total War on Terror is actually a good plan, and wave away every fricken dumb incident in this mess as if it's nothing at all (whilst holding up red flags of authority), is precisely the moment you've lost me due to obvious PR opaganda Bollocks.

Just saying. Pipe up, your textbook is showing.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Well the SAA has yet to confirm the authenticity of warnings. But honestly I believe they were warned and simply ignored it. They were likely banking on the hope they would not attack directly. They really should have stepped back and heeded the Russian warnings. I am wondering if maybe they were ordered to fall back, but an overzealous commander felt that they would do no such thing in their own country.

Either way, it really will not escalate much further from this incident. Everyone will continue on the paths they have already set on. They should just fortify a position on the main highway north of the liberated villages occupied by the FSA and focus on riding towards Raqqa from Der Ez-zoir. The longer they wait, the more of Raqqa they will be unable to secure under the inevitable partition.

a reply to: PublicOpinion
im sorry did you say something? All I heard was this

edit on 5-18-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Never mentioned total war on terror...I explained that the kid simply isn't well educated in the dealings of governments. Nor am I (and I'm sure you'r none the wiser as well), I support whomever our leader is, yes, currently Trump.

I guess it takes a snowflake to know a snowflake, so welcome to the trio PublicOpinion.

"PR opaganda Bollocks"? Your quite imaginative with your words young chap.

I will not "pipe up"...just saying.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
God forbid Syrian soldiers can move inside their own country.

US invaders have no grounds to issue threats against the Syrian military. They should be brought home immediately since they are not there with the invitation of the legitimate Syrian government and are clearly fighting for the other side.

If not Syria and her Allies have every right to remove them by force. But that's not a particularly attractive idea for anyone involved.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
According to report, the convoy consisted of SAA, NDF, Hezzies, Alis.

www.almasdarnews.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I do hope after anti terrorism ops they will do an election instead of partition Syria along zones of influence. A divided Syria will not stand and will become engulfed in turmoil like what happened in Libya.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ted Lieu speaks out, saying Congress did not authorize Trump to attack SAA and allies.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 18-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Ted Lieu speaks out, saying Congress did not authorize Trump to attack SAA and allies.

That is probably true.

Article II of the Constitution declares that POTUS as commander in chief of the armed forces and he can give them orders. However, Article I says that only Congress has the authority to declare war.

The President should seek a new AUMF (Authorization for Use of Military Force). But Congress has a history of pretty much letting POTUS do whatever he wants until they are forced to take action against him.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Never mentioned total war on terror...

Precisely my point, that's a start.

Care to explain why nobody needs to be lectured by old kids, like me or you? What exactly qualifies your take on the gubbermints actions? You're an undocumented, but officially insane dadaist or something equally impressive?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's a report on the unofficial Syria army facebook page.

The reports that we have are as following, however before you read it please note that as highly confident we are in our sources, we leave ourselves a small margin of error. Under normal circumstances we would not share unless we are 100% sure of the validity of our information, but this is an exception.

The jets conducted the attack on the Syrian para-military forces were Jordanian.

SyAAD identified the jets using US-Coalition identifiers, and the communication between the pilots was in English to lower the suspecion from a possible attack against the Syrian forces on the ground.

When the jets took an unusual course the troops on the ground took the proper defensive maneuvers.

The jets conducted a strike at the convoy, at least six were martyred and small number of equipment lost.

The troops used the AA guns present and opened fire, the attacking jets broke off their attack and retreated to Jordanian airspace.

The location of the aggression was 40km from al-Tanaf, and 10km from SAA main forces in the area.

Regardless of the type of the forces that were targeted by this aggression, they work under the flag of the Syrian Arab Republic, and in the ranks of the Syrian Arab Armed Forces; thus this aggression is an aggression on the Syrian Arab Armed Forces.

As always, do not expect reactions based on other's actions, in many cases they wanted to push the Syrian command into reacting without calculation. However, we do not speak for the command and we do not know what will happen next.

www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"The coalition struck pro-regime forces… after apparent Russian attempts to dissuade Syrian pro-regime movement south towards At Tanf were unsuccessful, a coalition aircraft show of force and the firing of warning shots," the statement said.

Russia 'Attempted to Dissuade' Syrian Army From At Tanf Before Coalition Strikes

2 packs of wolves in cahoots at the banket of lambs. Same old same old, nothing happened at all. Everything is ok!

edit on 18-5-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This tweet is from a few hours before the strike. It shows Ali brigade guys on the road to Tanf border crossing.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

originally posted by: Martin75
Guess they should have listened.

Don't mess with our special forces or you will face the consequences

I hate any loss of life but our troops have to come first! Sorry you don't feel that way.

How dare the Syrians and Iraqis move about their countries freely, such audacity! Our special forces can do no harm and can go where ever they want when ever they want because we're Murika!

/Sarcasm

You are a classic Jingo by the very definition. How's that American Exceptionalism going for you? Must feel nice to be so sedated.

I celebrated mine by having my flag up, while grilling, while having a beer, and throwing a football with my kids.

It was....exceptional.

Yep, and that's why your country's constantly at war.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Did they have their hands up?

They should have put their hands up.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
SAA will keep advancing to the Tanaf border crossing to open the Damascus Baghdad highway. Syrian air force will provide cover. Syria has MiG-29 which is on par with F-16. This is getting dangerous and can trigger a much bigger war than the Iraq War if Trump is not careful. PMU on the Iraq side is getting ready to link up with SAA and PMU on the Syria side.

twitter.com...
edit on 18-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Could but doubt it would work and get them leveled. Or the US wouldn't be there.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

The US is not going to fight PMU. PMU is armed by Iran and they would butcher people faster than IS could. These guys are some of the most dangerous in the world.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

originally posted by: Martin75
Guess they should have listened.

Don't mess with our special forces or you will face the consequences

I hate any loss of life but our troops have to come first! Sorry you don't feel that way.

How dare the Syrians and Iraqis move about their countries freely, such audacity! Our special forces can do no harm and can go where ever they want when ever they want because we're Murika!

/Sarcasm

You are a classic Jingo by the very definition. How's that American Exceptionalism going for you? Must feel nice to be so sedated.

I celebrated mine by having my flag up, while grilling, while having a beer, and throwing a football with my kids.

It was....exceptional.

Yep, and that's why your country's constantly at war.

I'm willing to bet that your country is most likely operating over there too.

Is your country apart of NATO by chance?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join