It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strikes hit SAA convoy on the way to the Tanf border crossing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is a significant escalation. This is the first time the US air force has directly and intentionally strike the SAA. SAA was going to the border crossing to secure the border with Iraq. The US struck SAA to prevent SAA from getting back the border.

www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

This is from your link, paints it a little differently

JUST IN: Military official: US strikes Syrian regime-allied militia that refused warnings to stop advancing toward US special forces.

edit on 18-5-2017 by Lysergic because: who even gaf about truth anymore

For The Stupid;

edit on 18-5-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Thanks, this developing

It seems that some pro Assad soldiers were close to a base and the US told them to leave, fired shots and they do not leave, so they got attacked by the US.

Hum.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Guess they should have listened.

Don't mess with our special forces or you will face the consequences

I hate any loss of life but our troops have to come first! Sorry you don't feel that way.

+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Last I checked, they were traveling in Syria and the Syria flag that flies at the UN headquarters is this one.

upload.wikimedia.org...

The US has no business striking a foreign country's military without a declaration of war.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Don't forget, Iraq is now a theocracy headed by the Iran born Ayatollah Ali. His PMU can attack the Tanf border crossing from the Iraq side and kill every American serviceman there. The US is playing a dangerous game in Syria.

link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
This is a significant escalation. This is the first time the US air force has directly and intentionally strike the SAA. SAA was going to the border crossing to secure the border with Iraq. The US struck SAA to prevent SAA from getting back the border.

www.reddit.com...

It'd be cool if you linked to an actual source instead of a reddit page with another link on it.

Where do you get anything to substantiate your claim that the US struck SAA forces to "prevent SAA from getting back the border?" Apart from not even being entirely certain what you're trying to say with that line, I don't see anything to support it but rather, as Lysergic pointed out, that the SAA was warned to stop multiple times and when they didn't, they got popped.

link   

Well by the sources it seem that the soldiers were entering and area that they were not supposed to enter.

They were given a warning and they refuse, US fired warning shots, still keep on going, then US strike them.

It could have been a dare thing, to create a conflict.

let see.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

link   

Cool. however this was the Title of the post you linked.

When told to stop advancing towards a US force, perhaps they'll listen, if not, I seriously couldn't care.

Zero Sympathy.

But hey, be disingenuous, I honestly couldn't gaf.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Is all over the news media, but no links yet to the story because is developing, I am watching the whole thing live on Fox.

Somebody is coming to talk soon.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hey I was against the Iraq war too, and is plenty of post here that prove that.

But this developing we don't know the facts yet.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is Syrian territory and the Syrian army was on the way to the border crossing. The Syrian army didn't attack US forces on the ground. The US stuck the convoy. So what's the motive?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Last I checked, they were traveling in Syria and the Syria flag that flies at the UN headquarters is this one.

upload.wikimedia.org...

The US has no business striking a foreign country's military without a declaration of war.

Pro-government forces aren't necessarily the same thing as a country's military.

You keep making statements but I'm not sure you've actually done any reading on what you're posting about. You're saying a lot as if it's facts in evidence, yet there's nothing at the moment to support what you're trying so hard to spin.

link   

0 sympathy? Oh trust me there will be a lot of sympathy when SAA allied PMU go after US servicemen in Iraq and Syria as revenge.
edit on 18-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Funny....I'm finding links from multiple sources....

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

They are Syrian servicemen and Iraqi Imam Ali brigade militia. Any attack on them is an attack on Syria and Iraq.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
An update of the story claims the US fired warning shots and the convoy did not listen.

www.reddit.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Well bring them in, we need them, to know what is going on

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So much for all the "Russia should be our ally" bluster.

We just smacked Assad's boys right in the mouth. I expect Russia will make a statement shortly.

Looking at the feeds, now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join