It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air strikes hit SAA convoy on the way to the Tanf border crossing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Too late for an apology. The next war has began for America. And Trump is responsible.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

But it was US warplanes the ones that attack the pro Assad forces for the first time.

Yes.

In one incident, 27 regime vehicles drove within 18 miles of al-Tanf, which breached the 34 mile radius of the army convoy. U.S. aircraft attempted to buzz the regime, but when the convoy didn't turn around, they conducted a strike against some of the vehicles.

In the second incident, an unarmed Syrian SU-22 fighter-bomber entered the deconfliction zone and was intercepted by a pair of F-22 fighter aircraft.

It remains unclear as to why the Syrians violated the zone. Martin reports that Syrian forces are pushing eastward towards the Euphrates River Valley, which hints to the idea that the regime may have been doing reconnaissance on their flank.

CBS/AP

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The US is not a partner of the deescalation zones. Only Russia, Iran, Turkey are partners. The US has no right to strike SAA in Syria when SAA has never fired a single shot at US servicemen.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

One official said the pro-government forces had entered a "de-confliction" zone without authorization and were perceived as a threat to U.S.-allied troops there. The officials said the strike was a defensive move to protect the U.S. allies. It wasn't clear if U.S. forces were also there.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they weren't authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

LATimes.com- US airstrike hits pro-Assad forces in Syria.

so does that mean we hit them while they were in a de-confliction zone? (guess I'm gonna need to add that one to the autocorrect dictionary)
because even if they were only entering it, but we struck first, we kinda started a conflict. I get the idea of "they shouldn't have entered it" and "we warned them to back up", but maybe we should rename it a "this may be your country but we say you can't enter this area" zone...for clarity.

edit on 18-5-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: spelling errors make my eye twitch

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

That is not a deconflication zone. There are only 4 such zones. One in Idlib. One in east Ghouta. One in northern Homs. One in Daraa. There is no deconflication zone in eastern Syria.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Syrian regulars, Hezbollah, and the Lebanese Shia militia fire at US backed fighters there constantly.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I pretty much called this out a few days ago when I posted a video of the US special forces being recorded by the FSA embed engaging ISIS just past the tanf border crossing. I even stated that it seems the US was intent on cutting off the SAA from the border now that they have been able to redeploy forces wit Iranian, Russian, and Turkish forces maintaining peacekeeper status in the 4 declared safe zones. I can see it all before it even happens. The only move they have left is to setup a cutoff point on the highway where the Americans and the FSA cannot approach.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: FamCore

It seems to me that the coalition forces, after securing Rojava through the SDF, are trying to cut off the SAA from Deir ez-zor utilizing the FSA now that they are operating east of Homs after crossing the border from Iraq a few days prior.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

translated by google
A clip of a photograph obtained by "Smart" shows the participation of US forces on May 14, 2017, in a ground operation in a hot desert east of Homs against the organization of the "Islamic State." A military source told "SMART" that the American forces, in conjunction with " The Revolutionary Army of the Free Syrian Army began the ground operation at dawn today, starting from their headquarters in the camp of Al-Tanf on the Syrian-Iraqi border, pointing out that the operation reached the administrative border of the desert town of Albuqmal east of Deir Al-Zour.

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Update. This is the official statement from the US.

twitter.com...

edit on 5-18-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Update. This is the location where the US struck Syrian and Iraqi convoy.

i.imgur.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Imam Ali is part of PMU. PMU is Ayatollah Ali's army. The Ayatollah is the most powerful man in Iraq.

And Rock the Casbah reached #8 on the Billboard chart in January of '83.

Billboard chart

See how that works? I make a claim and then I post something to substantiate it. I didn't just vomit some words onto my computer and leave it at that.

Beyond that, I see getting anything cogent out of you is quite a tough stretch, so I'll go back to discussing things with other adults.

link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

They didn't cause any casualties like the US caused casualties today. They only fire warning shots. That's different.

link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Guess they should have listened.

Don't mess with our special forces or you will face the consequences

I hate any loss of life but our troops have to come first! Sorry you don't feel that way.

How dare the Syrians and Iraqis move about their countries freely, such audacity! Our special forces can do no harm and can go where ever they want when ever they want because we're Murika!

/Sarcasm

You are a classic Jingo by the very definition. How's that American Exceptionalism going for you? Must feel nice to be so sedated.

link   

a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

That is not a deconflication zone. There are only 4 such zones. One in Idlib. One in east Ghouta. One in northern Homs. One in Daraa. There is no deconflication zone in eastern Syria.

So you have more information than all the news sources and military? Please share.

a reply to: WhereAmEYE
Feel marvelous!
edit on 5/18/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Meh. I know, you have a part to play, so play it.

Pretty much sums it up. You'd think they would at least hook it up with a script so it's semi-coherent, though.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Thanks again, you are getting more news that I am.

So it is more to the story, that was a big convoy, then a war plane too?

Somebody wanted to start something.

I can not wait to hear what Assad have to say about this one.

Keep the news coming.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

The 4 zones are in blue. The place where the US struck SAA is far from any of these zones. The US is not even a partner of the zones anyway.

cdn.saleminteractivemedia.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Update on casualties. This is gonna get ugly.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Pro-government forces aren't necessarily the same thing as a country's military.

That's a strawman if I've ever seen one.

In this case, since you are being so obtuse, yes, it was a country's military. You claim to have found several sources yet you are too lazy to post any of them because it will contradict the faulty logic you have presented in this thread.

U.S. aircraft conduct strike on Syrian army convoy

www.cbsnews.com...

Key words are "Syrian Army Convoy"...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If a new Syria and Iraq war starts, Trump will be the worst president ever and GOP will not dream of every gaining back the WH.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Two tanks destroyed, six killed, three injured, airplane came from #Jordan, convoy had 62 tanks, 500 people in the convoy in totall.

That was a lot of people traveling in that area, it seems to me that it was not going to visit family, they were ready for something.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Yes Marg I think this was a good strike. You don't move that much man power for no reason.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join