It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Appoints Special Counsel In Russia Probe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
First order of business - subpoena Seth Rich computer and DNC servers.

Hehe, you think that still exists?

Perhaps time to drudge the Potomac!

I think the more important question and action should be why didnt the DNC allow a forensic investigation of the server if the actions they are claiming are such an issue to national security? What is the DNC hiding by denying the FBI access to potential evidence?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
First order of business - subpoena Seth Rich computer and DNC servers.

Bingo! An investigation into Seth Rich's laptop, what Comey knew about it and most importantly, who told the DC police to drop their investigation would drive the liberal power people's to turn their Russian propaganda up so high they would commit multiple crimes to get something/anything to stick.

At this point, the blood is in the air, facts that we tin foil conspiracy theorists knew months, if not a year ago, would finally come out and once in for all end this Russian bull#.

I say let it all out and let the chips fall where they may.

I am still trying to figure out why the FBI were even involved in a local murder. they dont have jurisdiction and dont have the authority under existing law to take over that type of investigation.

They do if there's a major political scandal that needs hidden. Especially if Clinton or Obama have dirty on Comey.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's part of the psyops, you ought to know that.

The talking points obviously included the use of the term, "prosecutor," specifically because of the connotations of the word.

It helps reinforce the narrative of "Trump the criminal," and is a blatant bit of dishonesty on the part of anyone using the phrase.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Great question and I hope more are asking.

Given the stance that they are a privately owned place under investigation, I don't understand why it hasn't simply been subpoenaed yet. They have cause.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

The talking points obviously included the use of the term, "prosecutor," specifically because of the connotations of the word.

It helps reinforce the narrative of "Trump the criminal," and is a blatant bit of dishonesty on the part of anyone using the phrase.

Hence the reason the left will use the wrong term.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: UKTruth

You and I both know that this will only cool jets IF the Democrats get a biased investigation in their favour and get a recommendation to indict. Anything else and they will call foul and continue calls for impeachment until the 2018 elections.

They never wanted impartiality, they want to undo the election.

One thing is for certain, if nothing is found to support the Russian narrative, there will be zero self-reflection or apology for the damage caused.

100% agree - but they will be still tarred with humiliation for the rest of their careers... some on here too will have to make new accounts lol

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Hence the reason the left will use the wrong term.

It's already started despite the very clear statement from Rosenstein...

Oh , and I thought it would take a while, but Pelosi is already saying this is not independent. The Democrats are a joke.

Pelosi:

"He [Mueller] cannot take the place of a truly independent, outside commission that is completely free from the Trump Administration’s meddling," Pelosi said Wednesday. "A special prosecutor does not negate the need for vigorous Congressional investigations either."

Note her incorrect use of the term 'prosecutor'.
edit on 17/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Note the desperation to get their own aboard this investigation somehow. I wonder why that is?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

She called for an independent "prosecutor" to be assigned by the senior career official at the DOJ instead of an appointee. Regardless unless the person chosen can be controlled by Democrats they wont ever be satisfied with whomever is chosen.

If Trump is cleared and Democrats still beat this drum I dont see how they will survive.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
We should not dismiss their reporting outright just because they are CNN.

Just don't question CNN sources or their stellar reporters

on topic:
I wonder how the person who unmasked Flynn and the person who leaked the Flynn story and anyone other unnamed source who leaked something they shouldn't feel about the special counsel?

What ever is uncovered this is going to be good.
The ride never ends.

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A special counsel exists to investigate/prosecute a government official who may be using their position of power to thwart justice. The Democrats have claimed Trump is using his position of power to thwart a full investigation in the claims of him colluding with Russia. I don't believe their narrative for one second, but if this is what it takes to shut them up, so be it.

I have done some preliminary research into Robert Mueller. At this time, based on what I have seen so far, he seems like a good choice. I am impressed by the fact he stood up to Bush 43 on the unconstitutionality of warrantless domestic wire-tapping. I am a little shocked that he served as FBI Director under both Bush and Obama, but that really means he should be acceptable to both sides.

I think people need to understand this changes a lot, and doesn't change a lot. What it changes is the narrative: Anyone who cries "Impeach Trump" before this investigation either provides charges or ends, has just outed themselves as disinterested in justice and incredibly naive. There can be no Impeachment, not even an attempt at Impeachment, on Russian collusion until this investigation says so. Opinions don't matter, as long as Mueller remains impartial, and if he somehow does not remain impartial, it is not Trump's fault.

What it doesn't change: Trump can still be investigated by Congressional Oversight Committees on other issues, like the Comey firing. This does not affect that. Trump is also innocent until proven guilty, and as President can still undertake any and all actions appropriate to the execution of his office. This investigation does not besmirch Trump in any way.

CNN, MSNBC, NBC, the NYT, and WaPo need to shut up their anti-Trump rhetoric. We have a special prosecutor. He seems bipartisan. Let him do his job, and let Trump do his.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Well Democrats kept praying for this...

There is a saying -

"Quando dio vuole castigarci ci manda quello che desideriamo."

Translation - "When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers."
edit on 17-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I like the first line in my siggy better.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I like the first line in my siggy better.

TheRedneck

I like your second signature line by cavtrooper.
edit on 17-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A thought occurs. Why appoint someone from the Government to do a independent investigation? You would be better off hiring a detective agency from another country. This is not a independent guy

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Define independent in this case. He is a former FBI director who servered under 2 administrations (Bush and Obama). Obama extended his term by 2 years, which requires approval by Congress and he is not political. He squared off against Bush and threatened to quit over an unconstitutional action that was being pushed.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Define independent in this case. He is a former FBI director who servered under 2 administrations (Bush and Obama). Obama extended his term by 2 years, which requires approval by Congress and he is not political. He squared off against Bush and threatened to quit over an unconstitutional action that was being pushed.

There is actually no such thing as a truly politically independent person, which is why the whole idea of an independent investigation was always nonsense. All you can hope is that the guy is the best person possible, which there seems to be at least some consensus on. Only the wing nuts like Pelosi will criticise before it's even started. She would not be happy unless someone like Schiff was running it.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I applaud you for using Russia probe and not Trump/Russia ties.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BTW folks this will not stop the leaks...they'll get bigger and juicier.

During Watergate the investigation leaked like a sieve. Somebody called Deep Throat leaked to the WAPO reporters Woodward and Bernstein. Deep throat turned out to be the assistant FBI director!

IF the elite powers are after Trump he is doomed! They will humiliate him. So believe me, this will not stop only get worse.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
A thought occurs. Why appoint someone from the Government to do a independent investigation? You would be better off hiring a detective agency from another country. This is not a independent guy

Not only that the guy and Comey are bosom buddies!

Trump is a sitting duck. Its nothing he can do. He is going to resign I predict

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join