It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to die single.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Simply put, I have come to the logical conclusion this Bull**** A** thing called dating can go. I run a business and I am just not at all interested in the going out and trying new things with anyone for any reason anymore. It's a waste of time any money and for what? A few fleeting moments of personal happiness from the thought that I am making someones night? Just so you can turn around and never be contacted again? E harmony commercials make me vomit, seeing couples that I know are either at each others throats or secretly cheating on FB makes me want to vomit.

I'm done. I really am. This thread is also not for attention or sympathy. I make 30k a Month now, trust me I neither need it or want it (Sympathy) I just want to rant saying I see through the UTTER non sense that being social brings and this guy is done with it. I will also never be able to trust anyone even if something did happen as I am just too aware of the other angles people have in situations I find myself in.

Strictly business man = Engaged.
Dating module = Disabled.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

30k a month?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

30k a month?

Revenue at least. The profit statement varies, but yes.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah, who needs it. But as it happens, we all die single in the end. We might as well get used to it now, while we have time to prepare.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

ah I see, says the blind man to the deaf lady.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's not that bad, outside of dishes and washing and you only do it for one.
I took up dancing, kayaking and play a lot of golf 14 handicap, you don't get to 14 if you are in a relationship
Plenty of lady companions, plenty of friends, plenty of time, well not enough to do what I want to
And, well maybe, it's a horizon, what's around the corner who knows
I have turned down relationships from about 4 nice (needy) women
Maybe a nice non needy lady will come along, but for now, I have a joy in my life

That and I have time to grow become a better person
There is good and bad in both being single and a relationship
Be you

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Your post reeks of bitterness. What happened that you cannot recover from? I suggest you are looking in the wrong place and are not attracted to the right kind of woman.
I can say this-- but I am single too lol. Have been for a very long time and will most likely stay that way because all the guys I've met are egotistical control freaks haha. I'm happy alone and don't need the drama, but am not ruling it out completely. (leaving room for magic to happen-romantic @ heart ahaha)

The fact that you throw in how much you make in a dating rant makes me think you are expecting your wealth to attract someone wonderful. While your income is impressive, your only going to get shallow gold diggers by using that as bait. - just a personal observation, I could be, and most likely am, wrong. lol
edit on 16-5-2017 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Neat.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Your post reeks of bitterness. What happened that you cannot recover from? I suggest you are looking in the wrong place and are not attracted to the right kind of woman.
I can say this-- but I am single too lol. Have been for a very long time and will most likely stay that way because all the guys I've met are egotistical control freaks haha. I'm happy alone and don't need the drama, but am not ruling it out completely. (leaving room for magic to happen-romantic @ heart ahaha)

The fact that you throw in how much you make in a dating rant makes me think you are expecting your wealth to attract someone wonderful. While your income is impressive, your only going to get shallow gold diggers by using that as bait. - just a personal observation, I could be, and most likely am, wrong. lol

I would not mind a gold digger. I can respect a straight shooter.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

link to find temporary happieness.

It's like renting a car, but not quite.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Hmm, there's a 'curvalicious Latina' and a some chick who's 'thick like a milkshake' in my area.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude

Hmm, there's a 'curvalicious Latina' and a some chick who's 'thick like a milkshake' in my area.

Ignore the 'curvalicious Latina'. That's my old ad I forgot to take down.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That's really too bad. Sounds like you have closed your heart because of past bad experiences. I was married, was cheated on and convinced myself that I was done. (divorce is terrible)

But an old friend and I began to support each other. I have found great joy in the service of others, especially my wife. I can't wait to wake up every day and serve her.

Serving myself is not my key to happiness. Neither is the accumulation of wealth or objects. I want my legacy to be to my family and my community. I am here to serve others, not myself. In that, I have found great love.

Good luck, my friend.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
and a mgtow is born.

A few fleeting moments of personal happiness you say?
so...everything in life then.

Its like..why eat nice meals..for a few fleeting moments of satisfaction only to be hungry a few hours later..might as well just eat protein pills, etc.

Obviously I don't know your situation, personality, etc. I will say though that I have seen rather homely old men that are flat broke with some quite nice, genuine and affectionate women. All about shared interests.

Do you have interests? hobbies besides working yourself to death?

EHarmony and other dating sites are fine I guess, but the best connections come from immediate shared interests..and just become friends. make a network of friends..friends is where its at. and eventually stuff grows from that

But its not required. Get a real doll and make some online gaming friends and you might enjoy that setup just fine also...but people really are social beings, so keep that in mind if you find you find yourself becoming angry and genuinely unhappy...you require some social affection.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oooh yea, can't wait to get a curvalicious latina, yippy

nvm.... seen DB's post, i'll pass
edit on 5/16/2017 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Ignore the 'curvalicious Latina'. That's my old ad I forgot to take down.

I'm gonna die alone now!!!!!!!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: Starcrossd

I would not mind a gold digger. I can respect a straight shooter.

Gold digger, you say? Somebody should've warned you about them

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oooh yea, can't wait to get a curvalicious latina, yippy

nvm.... seen DB's post, i'll pass

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nothing at all wrong with taking time for yourself. Even if it turns out to be a few years. I did it. I was working full time and raising a child alone, and just felt that my life was plenty full and I didn't need love to come along and muck it up. I was a hermit (other than sitting in an empty office eight hours per day - the only other human I saw there was my boss) for about four years, from about the age of 30 to 34. It was good. I liked it. And I will never be afraid of being alone - like SO many people I know who can't stand to be alone with themselves - because I have been there and done that. I now know myself and like myself a whole lot better for those "lonely" years. Funny thing about that, "alone" doesn't always translate to "lonely." Or at least it didn't for me.

During that time, I became a fish-keeper and a gardener, read a lot of books and started taking solo hiking trips. It was good.

So good, that sometimes I wish I could shut everyone back out and go back to that way of living. It was so much more simple.

ETA: This is just my opinion....but I would much rather die single and alone than to spend my life being miserable with the wrong person!

So do what works for you!
edit on 16-5-2017 by DustbowlDebutante because: added stuff

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey we could have a drink sometime, but the pants have to stay on.. atleast while i'm around

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join