It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to die single.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Well god knows you're a saint for giving money to "some kid" you don't even give enough of a # about to learn their name.

My mom used to do that. Except y'know...it was a financial burden for her to do it. And she wrote the kid letters and put the kid's pictures up on her fridge. She did it because she gave a #, not because it was "chump change" to do it.

Now you just sound like a self-righteous asshole. That's why dating is a sham for you: you attract what you deserve.

Needs to have something about donating to animal causes. The chickies get all swoony when you can put a check mark next to that box.

Yea, but only if you can be bothered to at least pretend to know the name of the dog you rescued. This guy would probably stutter and then blurt out "Rovertina!" and hope it worked as a name.

Nah, probably Scooby Doo. Easy name to remember, would also likely trigger at least a laugh instead of a rude comment for no reason, ya know?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Do you have any baggage? Great line from 10,000 Maniacs song:

My hands for now are tied
I'm a body frozen, I'm a will that's paralyzed
'Til you drop that heavy baggage you're dragging behind
There won't be room for us to both go this ride

Clean up your baggage first. Get some help.

I took Human Sexuality class in college (the most popular class). And the professor said the way you get someone to be interested in you is to be interested in something. Join a bike club or something.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

30k a month?

That's what I was thinking. Heck, 30K a month I will marry her!!!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oooh yea, can't wait to get a curvalicious latina, yippy

nvm.... seen DB's post, i'll pass

Is it me or are latinas just loco?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I prefer the terms fiery and passionate.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dfnj2015

I prefer the terms fiery and passionate.

Not strong enough words!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Oh, man, that hurt my heart.

I've been single for a decade, after two children and 20 years of a very unhappy marriage. For a long time, I, like you, have preferred being single.

However, nothing, I repeat, nothing can replace an intimate soulmate of the opposite/same sex. Nothing. That, I miss and I wish for us both.

First, you will have to let go of your "issues"-probably with the help of a professional and maybe happy pills because you sure could use some.

Maybe quit thinking of women as your enemy-you just haven't met the right one but you never will in your state of mind and that means missing so much in your life-true intimacy-there's absolutely no replacement-money or otherwise.

Wishing you much contemplation, attention to the sweet, gentleness that life offers when you emotionally can connect to another sweet gentle person.

edit on 16-5-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Another rich guy who has decided he is too good for relationships and commitments , and will now only be having casual sex...

Supply and demand is a ]|¥€#!!

Lol

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There is a Door #3 out there, you just have to find it.

I was married to the "perfect" girl for 24 years. We had the "perfect" marriage, "perfect" family, and "perfect" life. Like you, I have been successful in my career (land developer). My parents raised me to believe that it was rude to talk about financial matters with strangers, so I won't put a figure on where I am in that regard, but I am quite comfortable.

My marriage ended unexpectedly and in the worst way possible in 2009. I'll spare you the ugly details, but it involved betrayal by those I trusted the most -- including my "perfect" wife and supposed "best friend" of 30+ years. It was a vicious and soul-crushing shock. I had no idea it was coming, and it took me months to unravel the details.

If you've never had the experience of the people you trust the most conspiring behind your back to destroy you emotionally and financially, you've really missed out on something truly awful...

And the lies! Oh the goddamn lies...

When I did finally figure out what had truly gone on, it took a private investigator to do so. I went a little nuts to say the least. I have never been much of a drinker, but I went on a months-long bender. I almost died more than once on accident, and almost killed myself once on purpose. I had the Glock .45 to my right temple...

I didn't work for 30 months. I drove and drove and drove, all over the country -- tens of thousands of miles for weeks at a time. I stayed with friends and relatives. No one knew what to do with me.

Half my family lives in the UK (my dad was from Ireland) and I spent 6 months bouncing back and forth between Ireland and England. For about a month all I did was help my cousin in Kerry milk his goddamn cows.

Right before my divorce in September 2008, I had purchased a new Escalade. When I finally went home in early 2011, it needed new tires. That's how much driving I did...

But little by little, I clawed my way back into my own head. If I had been penniless or destitute, I think I would have snapped out of it much quicker out of necessity.

Then there came a snowy cold Pacific NW morning (I remember it well) when I resolved myself to starting on a project I had put off for several years. That began the process of my long slow -- sometimes messy, recovery.

The one thing I was NOT interested in was any kind of relationship. My ability to trust anyone was gone (to this day!). I had a series of casual girlfriends, but time and time again, I would pull back and retreat into my safety bubble.

At a certain point I got to exactly the place you are right now. Even though I like having a woman in my life (for obvious reasons), and I know I function better as a person when I'm in a relationship, I came to the conclusion that it was a zero sum gain going forward.

Then my idiot cousin/nephew decided to turn 21...

I flew to Las Vegas to celebrate his 21st birthday. I am very close to a certain set of cousins on my mother's side. They're a little older than me and have always thought of me as the littler brother they never wanted, heh heh.

Anyway, I was traveling on the very airline my ex-"perfect" wife has worked for as a flight attendant for 20-something years. Was I worried I'd bump into her...? Oh yeah. Every time I fly that airline.

I am a hermit when I fly. Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't even think about me! That time I was actually doing some work on my laptop, so I had a good reason to be left alone.

I happened to be looking at some building plans in AutoCAD. I had glanced at a very attractive flight attendant (Gulp!) a few times -- Hey, I'm a guy, we can't help it! -- and at some point she noticed what was on my screen. She asked if I was an architect, lol.

We talked for a bit, and I really liked her. She was funny, smart, and had a little element of a dark side that I like in a girl. But the thought of anything more than a brief encounter didn't cross my mind...

That night, I was at the tables (MGM) with my cousin and his newly 21-y/o son (who was hilariously drunk) when I hear a voice behind me, "hey You!"... It was HER.

ACK! I should never get into these topics. My posts run too long! Sorry...

Anyway, we ended up talking all night. We then embarked on a long-distance relationship for several months. Very early on I told her the God's honest truth -- I didn't want a relationship of any kind if there were any expectations of it being anything more than one of mutual convenience. She was down with that.

We methodically, over time, hammered out the Rules of Engagement. "Marriage" was forever off the table as was cohabitation (she stays whenever she wants, but still has her own place). If one or the other wants out at any time for any reason, we shake hands and go our separate ways. She lives her life, I live my life, and while we're both observing this arrangement we don't see other people.

Women cannot help themselves from wanting more than that, I know. There have been issues. I have given some, so has she. She has a 14 y/o daughter and 16 y/o son. One big change is that she now takes them for the summer (last 2 years -- and this summer will be no different), which means they stay with me when she's flying. Fortunately, they're awesome kids, but lazier goddamn souls you will never find...

To this day, I am still a little weirded out that she not only does the same thing at the same company as my ex, but they are acquainted with one another (somewhat).

Bottom line -- you CAN have someone in your life without setting yourself up for potential disaster if you get into it the right way. Honesty is key. A little bit of compromise doesn't hurt. Men and women are hardwired to seek the companionship of the opposite sex (98% of us anyway) and I think it's a psychological impediment to deny that instinct.

These days I've definitely found my comfort zone, a kind of "sweet spot" if you will. It's not perfect, but it's definitely workable and far preferable to being alone (something I don't like). My advice to anyone who's been where I have been, and presumably where the OP is now, is to keep the door cracked just a little. Begin to imagine a scenario that would work for you and then if the opportunity presents itself, let it play out.

Things change.
edit on 16-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

edit on 16-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction 2

edit on 16-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction 3

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

ah I see, says the blind man to the deaf lady.

as he picked up his hammer and saw.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
who cares right ?

your just slowly rotting around other helpless people
who couple up with other soon to be corpses
have fun then move on to the next carcase

time ebbs away
as your dreams die like everyone else's
your body cripples over
the memories of moments that gave you fleeting happiness
moments which make this terrible struggle you call life worthwhile
fade into an abyss ,
faces of loved ones become strangers who haunt your dreams

you leave this world with no one
just as you came in
frightened and alone

but I suppose you could try Tinder...

edit on 16-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Isn't that just the killer?

*Trust* is so hard to win .... and can be so easily be wiped at a stroke.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: SBMcG

Isn't that just the killer?

*Trust* is so hard to win .... and can be so easily be wiped at a stroke.

That was the killer.

I'm not religious, but I think that if there is a "Hell", there is a special place there for anyone who destroys the trust of another person.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

What is it you want?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Whatever floats your proverbial "boat." I am pretty sure you're not the first, nor will​ you be the last, to draw the conclusion you have.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Stop being so emo.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
Simply put, I have come to the logical conclusion this Bull**** A** thing called dating can go. I run a business and I am just not at all interested in the going out and trying new things with anyone for any reason anymore. It's a waste of time any money and for what? A few fleeting moments of personal happiness from the thought that I am making someones night? Just so you can turn around and never be contacted again? E harmony commercials make me vomit, seeing couples that I know are either at each others throats or secretly cheating on FB makes me want to vomit.

Perhaps you want to get all that vomiting looked at. Not attractive (to most)! *__-
I'm starting to hear the Sour Grapes Blues...

I'm done. I really am. This thread is also not for attention or sympathy. I make 30k a Month now, trust me I neither need it or want it (Sympathy) I just want to rant saying I see through the UTTER non sense that being social brings and this guy is done with it. I will also never be able to trust anyone even if something did happen as I am just too aware of the other angles people have in situations I find myself in.

Strictly business man = Engaged.
Dating module = Disabled.

You know, after awhile, and practice, one can read between the lines.
You wouldn't have blown these emotional chunks (there's that digestive problem, again) all over this site if it were just some dry done deal.
So 'attention' and 'sympathy', emotional needs, at times, are not fulfilled (but pathologically, superficially) by wealth/things.

Your young frustration shines...

The only way that you can possibly state the following as a 'fact' is if you died the moment that you read this.
Or Know the entire 'future'.

Breathe! *__-

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Perhaps you're trying too hard...

Best things tend to happen when you're not looking for them

You have time... as we all do...

And you sound young honestly

No worries bro

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I give to the wounded warrior project when I can

LOL OK. $30k a month and that little nugget. Be nice to ATS.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I really liked this post,true charity comes from the heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join