It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to die single.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
That's really too bad. Sounds like you have closed your heart because of past bad experiences. I was married, was cheated on and convinced myself that I was done. (divorce is terrible)

But an old friend and I began to support each other. I have found great joy in the service of others, especially my wife. I can't wait to wake up every day and serve her.

Serving myself is not my key to happiness. Neither is the accumulation of wealth or objects. I want my legacy to be to my family and my community. I am here to serve others, not myself. In that, I have found great love.

Good luck, my friend.

I am not Jaded nor is feeling this way a sort of feeling of helplessness as that leads to anger. This is a decision derived from feeling empowered by seeing through the total Horse S*** that dating really is anymore and not wanting anymore to do with it.

Serving: I give more clothes, food, and $ to the homeless than anyone I know. I sponsor some kid some where that I didn't even both reading the name of or knowing where they were from because the $ required to do so is chump change to me. I give to the wounded warrior project when I can and loved receiving the thank you cards from them. The homeless are especially grateful as well. Not all of them are nice, but then again, this goes for non homeless too....

I am not sure about your last paragraph. I do not feel as though the accumulation of wealth, money, or power is evil. It is noble as it allows for me to help others the way I have and I prefer to not be public about my contributions as I don't care for any attention or fanfare. I think in the end, what you do with it is the determination of your character. My end goal would be to be able to provide warm food and clean water to everyone in the world that needed it with an American flag on the side of the box. That would really be something.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We all see the problem. You state you are not looking for attention but then go on to state something completely meaningless which is stating you make 30k a month. Ok good for you yes but maybe that hidden problem is you. Look I make good money, not $30k/mo good money, so maybe I would be a bit into myself as well? Good luck bro but I'm thinking you are looking at the wrong spot.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Well god knows you're a saint for giving money to "some kid" you don't even give enough of a # about to learn their name.

My mom used to do that. Except y'know...it was a financial burden for her to do it. And she wrote the kid letters and put the kid's pictures up on her fridge. She did it because she gave a #, not because it was "chump change" to do it.

Now you just sound like a self-righteous asshole. That's why dating is a sham for you: you attract what you deserve.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
link to find temporary happieness.

It's like renting a car, but not quite.

Hmm, there's a 'curvalicious Latina' and a some chick who's 'thick like a milkshake' in my area.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well god knows you're a saint for giving money to "some kid" you don't even give enough of a # about to learn their name.

My mom used to do that. Except y'know...it was a financial burden for her to do it. And she wrote the kid letters and put the kid's pictures up on her fridge. She did it because she gave a #, not because it was "chump change" to do it.

Now you just sound like a self-righteous asshole. That's why dating is a sham for you: you attract what you deserve.

Gotta sound like something I suppose.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Needs to have something about donating to animal causes. The chickies get all swoony when you can put a check mark next to that box.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
We all see the problem. You state you are not looking for attention but then go on to state something completely meaningless which is stating you make 30k a month. Ok good for you yes but maybe that hidden problem is you. Look I make good money, not $30k/mo good money, so maybe I would be a bit into myself as well? Good luck bro but I'm thinking you are looking at the wrong spot.

I see the logic. Man looking for attention by posting on conspiracy based website he makes 30K in revenue in one sentance. I can hear Fox news calling now, hold up.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ive been happily single for over ten years now and see no reason to change.
Got lots of mates who've gone through terrible times splitting up.
Lost homes, denied access to children etc etc
Plenty who stayed in miserable relationships with cheaters and money wasters.

I'm sure I might change my mind if I did meet "the one" but I'm not looking.
Enjoy what you like, when you like.
I may die single but I'll die happy.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You just do what feels right for you. If being single for now feels right be single. If you find a woman who is to your standards whatever they may be- and you think you'd like to try to hang out with her, I say go for it.

I feel you about the dating site commercials. I have a boyfriend and we have a child but oh my gosh some of those make me, like you said, want to vomit.

-Alee

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
and a mgtow is born.

A few fleeting moments of personal happiness you say?
so...everything in life then.

Except work and changing peoples lives for the better makes me happy every day, so no

Its like..why eat nice meals..for a few fleeting moments of satisfaction only to be hungry a few hours later..might as well just eat protein pills, etc.

I like Pizza And Hamburgers, maybe occasional steak. Everything else is just a pretentious D*** waving contest

Obviously I don't know your situation, personality, etc. I will say though that I have seen rather homely old men that are flat broke with some quite nice, genuine and affectionate women. All about shared interests.

That sounds like a nightmare

Do you have interests? hobbies besides working yourself to death?

I race my car from time to time, that and play MWO

EHarmony and other dating sites are fine I guess, but the best connections come from immediate shared interests..and just become friends. make a network of friends..friends is where its at. and eventually stuff grows from that

There is nothing wrong with how you meet your significant other, nor was I judging how people do so. I know people whom have met this way as well. They just make me vomit

But its not required. Get a real doll and make some online gaming friends and you might enjoy that setup just fine also...but people really are social beings, so keep that in mind if you find you find yourself becoming angry and genuinely unhappy...you require some social affection.

It is social interaction that is making me see what is. No thanks to the Doll as they don't work in the HOV lane so there would not even be that benefit to take advantage of and I don't think you can claim them as dependents otherwise I would Have Suzanne and her 3 Doll Kids all here.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I may be just a 'curvalicious Latina' but I know that relationships are important.

Or muy importante.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustbowlDebutante
Nothing at all wrong with taking time for yourself. Even if it turns out to be a few years. I did it. I was working full time and raising a child alone, and just felt that my life was plenty full and I didn't need love to come along and muck it up. I was a hermit (other than sitting in an empty office eight hours per day - the only other human I saw there was my boss) for about four years, from about the age of 30 to 34. It was good. I liked it. And I will never be afraid of being alone - like SO many people I know who can't stand to be alone with themselves - because I have been there and done that. I now know myself and like myself a whole lot better for those "lonely" years. Funny thing about that, "alone" doesn't always translate to "lonely." Or at least it didn't for me.

During that time, I became a fish-keeper and a gardener, read a lot of books and started taking solo hiking trips. It was good.

So good, that sometimes I wish I could shut everyone back out and go back to that way of living. It was so much more simple.

ETA: This is just my opinion....but I would much rather die single and alone than to spend my life being miserable with the wrong person!

So do what works for you!

I respect your story as my mom as well raised 2 kids alone...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Seems like you're putting on a bit of a "show" with this rant, but i think you may have an underlying contempt for women for not kissing your a## and begging to be with you because of your "so called riches".

A persons character matters the most when looking for a partner. You must be lacking it.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Seems like you're putting on a bit of a "show" with this rant, but i think you may have an underlying contempt for women for not kissing your a## and begging to be with you because of your "so called riches".

A persons character matters the most when looking for a partner. You must be lacking it.

Rich? Lmfao. I am a rounding error to someone who is rich. If Bill Gates woke up with my $ in his account, he would put a pistol in his mouth. The statement of the hard earned $ I make is because I am not some bum down on his luck posting that oh btw there is no dating for me anymore either. Smh people your triggers glow in the dark for some of you.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You may try this:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

You may try this:

I don't know. That sounds like a lot of paper work to fill out. The commentators input on how there are people wishing to post such things lacking the means to do so could be an interesting business opportunity though for someone. Might wanna also ask the Donald which service he used.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Pretty sure most everyone has experienced the phase you're going through at some point in their lives. You can't let one bad apple spoil the whole damn bunch. Do you even realize how many of us would like to be in your shoes? I'm reasonably happy with my life but if I suddenly found myself single with 30k a month, I wouldn't be pouting about it. Lol Sounds like you're living the dream! Go out and meet as many curvaluscious latinas as possible and send em home when you get bored.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Hmmm I've never actually dated anyone to be honest until after the relationship starts..

And I found a good one.

"Sucks to suck" she would say..

We just got back from the beach and Wednesday is dirt bikes and barbeque..

Yea..

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Needs to have something about donating to animal causes. The chickies get all swoony when you can put a check mark next to that box.

Yea, but only if you can be bothered to at least pretend to know the name of the dog you rescued. This guy would probably stutter and then blurt out "Rovertina!" and hope it worked as a name.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Your tone throughout this thread shows a lot about your character.

I'll just end it there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join