It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
My bad, Ghost147. I figured the context was God in general.

No problem, it was easy to take that the wrong way

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
I would listen and share my personal experiences. Idk, I think religion and spirituality are tools one uses on the road to self-realization.I have known many of different beliefs and even though their religion or lack thereof, doesn't negate their spiritual existence

Both my wife and I believe that ghosts exist, despite being atheists.

But in this case I'm specifically referring to their respective gods.

If you believe everything to be spiritual, that's great, but why abscribe to a particular religion if that's the case?

as for the commonality you find between religions, we actually have a good historical record of the evolution of religions.

I'll post it later. Phone's about to die

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You see an issue, I see wonder. I believe in one pantheistic God. Does that make sense? But, I don't think you are right. Dogs aren't between me and you as solidarity or at least the possibility of it... Neither are apples or bkue or a myriad of things...

Words can be though, is it any wonder truth is referred to as the word of god?

Now you are just comparing apples to oranges. Ants bees and other colony based creatures are exactly that, colony based creatures with a hive mind. Humans are not, so you're assertion of that to say it's not about individualism is invalid.

That said, yes I will attempt. You said you don't see why there wouldn't be a global reveal as opposed to individual revelation.

But there is no global community without individuals. One person cannot speak for the people, yet the people is exactly that all person's. They must find unity, and that unity is god. So it must be an individual basis.

Does that make sense?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I see what you mean but not everyone is an atheist. There's also a duality between the way people talk to try to find information in person and so called "beliefs" on the net. Youll have fifty conversations about "did you mean this" or "did you mean that" not to mention all the people who lead you on..im so not about that.
Too many shut ins and people trying to profit off what you have to say..

But back it before I find my energy pointlessly leaking out my body, you might find that what you're describing is an easier way to handle "conversation" and navigating the world, so your expression "why not just.." to you means that alone although you haven't thought to put that into words. You feel it and say it, and the other person reads into it "beliefs." Kind of like an agnostic kind of deal. You're describing "why not just handle it like "y" because it's easier.."
edit on 13-5-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

I do believe this..your third paragraph..we have to have something to strive towards..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm just trying to have a conversation and the net coupled with God (smirk) knows what else about humans is making it

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mericks74

Yes yes we do. I believe people are the most important thing because all our problems start with us, when we could so easily be so much more for ourselves and the world and then universe.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

dont forget to post that evolution of religion thing, i think it would be a fascinating piece of the puzzle.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This might sound cliche, but have you ever considered volunteering for like, an organization? I mean physical work like clearing out tree branches and the like..

Part of this is just me trying to find common ground. Don't laugh if my answers are silly.

Most of this is just having a conversation and sucking badly.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm also the kind that doesn't just hop on the net to say "s" I try to navigate things to a point because it's what I like to do. Like literally bombing it with the trying to be suave bit. I'm more likely to find a reason to go and hang out, but I'm noticing these things seem geared to stop that kind of activity..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I have. I can talk big but my mind is sluggish like the little poem in my sig talks about. Still no excuse, not really. In the past, I despaired if joining any such organization because I felt like it was doing only topical stuff when the problem is rooted in the core of men. So I took up writing. I find when I look there now though I think I would indeed best serve by doing both

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yeah. I drink this energy drink and then thirty minutes later I'm down and out for the count with making verbal sense. It's herbal..no alien stuff, no "theyre putting @$/ in our tea" it's just it doesn't go good with the net..something you said about writing..I go off on all these unstructured like, activity sprees it's hard to explain.

As far as the despair and reservation, I get that, it's like you've got to put things in two different boxes. Totally got that one..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Like, I would probably go ghost hunting if it were just a big excuse to go somewhere and hang out and fall off a cliff but I know how that goes..same thing with ufos.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Because I am not a Christian. I want nothing to do with religious lines of thoughts.

I only read half a dozen pages before I wanted to jump back to this.

While what you were told is certainly a common theme in many beliefs and religions, it may be true all the same.

Discarding it because of similarities with religions is allowing religion to control you just the same as a blind believer. They are very, very good at that. Many think its about controlling adherents, but its more about controlling the reaction. Someone who discards all of it is just as trapped in their tendrils as someone who never looks beyond what is told to them.

As for me, I have experienced God, and Gods, in several different cultural viewpoints. It could have easily all been the same system, just manifesting differently.

Whether they were omnipotent, omniscient, etc. is hard to say, as there is no way to actually qualify such concepts from the human perspective. We are rather easy to impress. A being moving an entire galaxy may be quite impressive, but still may only indicate great power rather than omnipotence.

Can't say I ever got any impressions of male/female.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Both my wife and I believe that ghosts exist, despite being atheists.

But in this case I'm specifically referring to their respective gods.

If you believe everything to be spiritual, that's great, but why abscribe to a particular religion if that's the case?

Our environment comes into play.

Individuals looking into this side of life are often hope for a more holistic life.Depending on where you're at, practicing building faith into understanding, requires a multi pronged approach.The bridges you build, between these areas are what help you apply that knowledge.

Our subconscious has a vast storehouse of information, but access is limited.

My own influences are western, so they carry a heavier weight in those departments.A better understanding of that and the practice of studying those influences, yields higher odds of success.Success understanding that form of kaleidoscope around me.

Someone however raised in a South Asian belief system, may relate better to Lord Ganesha for example.He's kind of alien to me, before I met someone who believes in him.Christians remind me of Jesus, this friend reminded me of Ganesha.

I feel the images we relate too, are tools we use when learning to work with the energies they represent.Developing unity consciousness, in the process of engaging more levels of our being.

It works personally, varying on what resonates with someone.It's harder to share intimacy with belief systems that you can't put your heart into.Judging from the grown ups I've met, their belief system varies, but in similar circumstances they behave benevolently as best they can.

Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have neighbors. Confucius

originally posted by: Ghost147
as for the commonality you find between religions, we actually have a good historical record of the evolution of religions.

I'm grateful for that, imo the time has never been riper for mankind to unite our consciousness and expand our reach collectively for the stars...
edit on 13-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Misc

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Well or just get away from the tv and go somewhere..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Lol, maybe I'm drifting off topic.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

dont forget to post that evolution of religion thing, i think it would be a fascinating piece of the puzzle.

You bet! here it is. I need to head to sleep now so I'll respond to the other comments tomorrow hopefully

Heres the link for the full size image

edit on 13/5/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes. I believe I have.

I have awoken every morning for the last 48 years.

Not always in the same place I went to sleep.

But I have awoken.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

drive up the mountain an meet God, lol.

I have an on again/off again relationship with god/gods/goddess's

a mountain movie for you, my friend

edit on 13-5-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Interesting part of the tree:
Christianity -> Scientific Method -> Quantum Mechanics

Edit: Interesting that Isalm also helps with Scientific Method.
edit on 14-5-2017 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join