It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever experienced God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting, thanks..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I believe your point's are valid, near to what I believe myself as well.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

So, if you believe that to know god, you need to experience god, and your experience is infallible, then you're dismissing others' experience of god, and discrediting what they said about god.

So, that means that even subjective experience is fallible, which means that your own experience isn't credible.

Imo, this is false.I don't dismiss other's experiences, because I've been there myself enough to practice empathy and grow in that understanding.Besides, there's more then one way to skin a cat...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I want to kill god and not worship it. I also pondered the idea what would happen if god and the devil are one and the same entity.

It would make a whole lot more sense if they were. I mean honestly. Who condemns rape, slavery, suffering, and so forth, and then requires you to worship them above everything else, is jealous if you worship other things, and will send finite creatures (humans) to an infinite torture?

It would seem obvious that what people depict a devil to be would be the god in the first testimont.

In my opinion the story is quite ridiculous.

For those that want to believe a god exists, sure go for it, but to actually follow any religion's scripture is just absurd.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

So, if you believe that to know god, you need to experience god, and your experience is infallible, then you're dismissing others' experience of god, and discrediting what they said about god.

So, that means that even subjective experience is fallible, which means that your own experience isn't credible.

Imo, this is false.I don't dismiss other's experiences, because I've been there myself enough to practice empathy and grow in that understanding.Besides, there's more then one way to skin a cat...

I wasn't referring to all the people commenting in this thread, just those that believe some of those points in that list are false.

But, we could further elaborate on the issue. So far, from what we can tell, everyone here is referring to an abrahamic god.

Out of curiosity, what would you say about a person who has had the same experiences but with, say, a Hindi god? Or a Norse god?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LilithImmaculate2
Yes

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

He told me that I am God's son in spirit.

Which I am still refusing to believe today.

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: swanne

I was told the same.

1 can only imagine the struggle you may be experiencing as you accept Truth from thy FATHER and try to be optimistic that it isn't another attempt at deceiving you spiritually.

A nice visit would probably help adjust your consciousness to ensure it's not more of NATAS games with developed technologies.
I couldn't imagine its because you question religious influence and who or what may be influencing it...
Truly best wishes in mind. For you... ALL*

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

But then, you're blaming god for tragedy. It's just as silly to blame "the devil" but there are probably other reasons to doubt God or anything else than just "rape and tragedy" exist unless youre hinting at something more personal and I can't speak for you..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
-
edit on 13-5-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReligiousQuestionDude

Why do you refuse it so strongly?

Deception can be presented in some of the most beautiful packages, so 1 can/should understand.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74

Do you mean you're literally the son of god? Like the one true son of God?? Interesting.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Aye I am confounded allright

I said
Because he IS unity. He IS in between the gap of all our disagreements uniting the space between waiting for us to see

And you said
Again, this is individualistic. It seems pointless to help individuals, or to show individuals, instead of a global reveal or prevention

To which I reply
Here we disagree, and I would yet ssert that God is between us. God unites people in solidarity, and is the possibility of solidarity when people stand in opposition/conflict/disagreement.

Finding God is the same matter of finding unity with others, IMO, and that's why it's an individual thing rather than a global reveal. Consider: if we were to be able to act as the human race, we would all have to do it individually we would all have to overcome ourselves to agree with each other and be able to act cohesively.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: mericks74

I think God's got it wrong.

I doubt that...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

He told me that I am God's son in spirit.

Which I am still refusing to believe today.

Can I ask.. how did you meet him, how did the surroundings look like.
And perhaps he/she/it mean that we are all the sons and daughters of god

Clever, dreams with lucid guidance, maybe.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to all the people commenting in this thread, just those that believe some of those points in that list are false.

But, we could further elaborate on the issue. So far, from what we can tell, everyone here is referring to an abrahamic god.

My bad, Ghost147. I figured the context was God in general.

Out of curiosity, what would you say about a person who has had the same experiences but with, say, a Hindi god? Or a Norse god?

I would listen and share my personal experiences. Idk, I think religion and spirituality are tools one uses on the road to self-realization.I have known many of different beliefs and even though their religion or lack thereof, doesn't negate their spiritual existence.I found wisdom in many different religions and different eras.I believe the divine is there for us, colored by our own unique time and place.The message of different prophets and messengers do seem to have similar themes, once one gets past the flavor of their cultures...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Spacespider

In the vision, he also made white feathers sprout onto my thighs. Saying something like I had inherited those white feathers from him.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mericks74

But then, you're blaming god for tragedy. It's just as silly to blame "the devil" but there are probably other reasons to doubt God or anything else than just "rape and tragedy" exist unless youre hinting at something more personal and I can't speak for you..

Yes, precisely. You would need to blame that god. I wouldn't say it's 'as silly' to blame the god as you would the devil.

The existence of the Devil in Christian religion is a fantastic scapegoat to make their god seem better. Of course, being an enabler is just as bad as committing the act in many cases.

As for the last part of your comment, I don't lack a belief in the Christian god simply because the bible states that he allows rape and tragedy.

Ilack a belief in all god's for the same reason: it is illogical to believe in one, and it is unnecessary for one or more to exist in the first place

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Right on..said it better than I can..

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Ok. I just see that excuse all the time. Like I said I try to see all sides of why most people say they believe what they do but it's almost a doomed proposition on the net, because the words tell you what but not why. Don't take the word "excuse" personally. I have limited time, and try to cut down on goose chases I know are just words, and I'm not getting into an edgy "political religion" type rivalry because people do it. Reason being I just don't feel like it..

Especially if you're pagan and your issue is "religion". I might change my mind but right now I guess I'm not doing that..
edit on 13-5-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Here we disagree, and I would yet ssert that God is between us. God unites people in solidarity, and is the possibility of solidarity when people stand in opposition/conflict/disagreement.

The issue with this assertion is that you could replace 'god' with literally anything else and it would apply just as heavily.

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
Finding God is the same matter of finding unity with others, IMO, and that's why it's an individual thing rather than a global reveal. Consider: if we were to be able to act as the human race, we would all have to do it individually we would all have to overcome ourselves to agree with each other and be able to act cohesively.

Not necessarily. Ants, bees, and other colony-based creatures have what's called "hive mind". So it's not about individualism.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your position, could you explain further?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Back to thinking...
Thanks. ATS members

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join