It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you proud of your country???

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

They would rather save about 25 cents to a couple dollars a month in taxes than prevent unnecessary deaths.

Where on earth did you get that estimate?

Snowflakia?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

a reply to: grainofsand

i do not work overseas so it does not affect me, however, i would probably be pretty pissed of if my home, work and life were overseas and I still had to pay taxes in another country. Why wouldnt someone renounce citizenship? it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Like I said, i am not privy to this situation so i do not know much.

- Because once they put these Laws in place (FATCA), they saw a rise in people renouncing citizenship overseas, so they placed a fee of over two thousand dollars to renounce, and obligation to pay taxes from the last five years (before FATCA).
So it is very costly ) between the fee and the fees you pay for a lawyer to prepare, and you still have to pay a huge amount in back taxes.

They also created a US Person term- so that even people who are nto american, but might have some affiliation with an American, are obligated to pay taxes. My husband has to file because he is married to me (has never lived in the US, does not have a green card or american citizenship...). My kids girlfriends and boyfriends count also as US Persons.

Because the US has made it obligatory for foreign banks to report all US person clients, many (or most) banks are refusing to take american clients. We had already been clients at our bank for twenty years when this went into effect, so they kept us, but it is now turning away all new american clients.

In this country, (France) it is a huge obstacle, because of the system. You cannot pay things like rent in cash- it must be wired from a bank account. You do not receive a pay check if you work- you must have a bank account to which you pay shall be wired.
In short, no bank account, no job, no home. Period.

Two grand to relinquish citizenship?!
It's even more shocking than I thought!
Honestly I take no pride criticising the US overseas tax policy, I think it's a disgrace.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The question is am i proud to be american the answer is yes.

Their is nowhere id rather be. Expeshailly russia are australia are france are japan are china are malaysia are perth are singapore are africa are congo are zimbabe are netherlands are italy are georgia are ukraine are india, vietnam, korea (s) korea (n), cambodia, thailand, germany, ural, swisserland, norway, finland, scotland, sweden, ireland (n), ireland, dominican republic, haiti, tahiti, congo, jamaica, canada, mexico, brazil, chile, urugay, paragray, argentina.

Theirs only one country in the world that really really matters.

And Im proud to be its #1 citizen.

America: The USA.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

You are not a good advert for the US education system though.
'Exspeshailly' 'are'
LMFAO

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Well did you know what i meant? Then it doesnt matter how its spelled.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

I guessed what you meant.
And yes with such poor spelling you present an example of a very poor education system.
If you know how to spell at least make the effort.
'It doesn't matter how it's spelled' LMFAO again.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Pity the OP bailed on his thread ages ago, I would have been interested in his response.

If baffles me how our most religious tend to express the greatest amount of the deadly sin of "Pride" when it comes to our country. Its like the folks who should be most leery of pride cling to it the strongest.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It funny how the most religious do not want affordable health insurance for the poor.

They claim..."But there are churches to help, they can become cristians and if lucky enough, christian families will help them...Oh I am a good christian..yes,of course...bc I help those in need when I feel the need to here and there about once or twice a year...I give, i am good"

but there is a way to help them all the time and they "dont want to pay for their insurance"

I would say that makes them opposite of a good christian...that makes them evil and they truly disgust me as I would imagine any evil would.
edit on 24-5-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

My only beef: i pay higher taxes (and insurance rates) to tend to the poor that im also shamed into donating for. I think most American's would be happy to embrace the notion of charity were that charity not also pulled from their paychecks before ever reaching their hands.

Well...i have another beef: "affordable health care" existed before insurance companies became the de facto middle man for health care payment. Im not sure we are treating the disease insomuch of putting a band aid over it with any of our attempts at health care. We The People allowed the system to devolve and deregulate itself into screwing us over. Then we sit and yell at each other for not giving enough. Its pretty ridiculous.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Then dont consider it a "forced charity".

Consider it the price you pay to make America strong

Im sure God and Jesus would prefer free healthcare for his children over given charity here and there.

Who cares who judges you if you do not donate to charity. Tell them "I support their healthcare, what do you do?"

Chances are they do not support their healthcare so you can judge them as a low life scum if you want...but who are we to judge, huh?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Then dont consider it a "forced charity".

Consider it the price you pay to make America strong

Im sure God and Jesus would prefer free healthcare for his children over given charity here and there.

Who cares who judges you if you do not donate to charity. Tell them "I support their healthcare, what do you do?"

Chances are they do not support their healthcare so you can judge them as a low life scum if you want...but who are we to judge, huh?

I should be clear: i have no concern over what someone else thinks about me personally.

But i also have no desire to be pissed on and told its raining. And that's what this seems like.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

How so? How is being proud of making America stronger and healthier by offering health insurance to ALL like being pissed on and raining?

Bc you are "shamed" into donating to the poor as well as having to "pay for their insurance"?

It seems like you pay MORE in taxes...that means you must be doing well in America. Would you not want more healthy Americans so they have the health and extra dollars to purchase fine things, perhaps what you sell/make?

Is it not America that has aided you to become "wealthy"? (i put that in quotations bc not too sure if you are wealthy with $ or not). for example...would your business do well in another country...a country that does not offer health insurance to their poor, elderly and unfortunate?

Also, do you not want your parents to be taken care of when they are too old to take care of themselves? If you have children or grandchildren and they come down with cancer or an unforeseen illness, would you not want them to be taken care of? Even if you have the extra lets say $12,000/mo for medication...wouldnt you rather they have good health insurance to take care of that?

Well, lets say you are very fortunate, your parents have deceased already, you have no children and you are very healthy so you do not have to worry about that...wouldnt you want the people around you to be healthy and taken care of? Is it not a small price to pay for a healthier, stronger America?

We all have to pay it for it to happen. The selfish ones are a disgrace to america...(the ones who do not support healthcare for all)

sorry, i misread when you wrote "shamed into donating" to the poor.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a tax is a tax. that is the piss that is trying to be passed as rain.

I personally believe America should be kind to itself and provide health care. But if im being honest, that is simply another band aid, as the real issue isn't a lack of free health care. The real problem is a lobby that can price health care outside of the affordability of regular people.

20 years ago i could pay an office visit without issue. Today...not likely gonna happen. FWIW, im not wealthy. Far from it, im part of the ever dwindling middle class.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

True, but I see it as more of a very thick band-aid coated in coconut oil that will at least lessen the infection and suffering in order for the sweltering wound to heal on its own.

Without it, the problem (wound) will only get worse.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm proud of the country, it's people and it's past accomplishments. I served seven years in the navy and continue to serve as a DoD civilian. Despite my service, I believe the current leadership are unworthy of any amount of respect and should be summarily executed in full view of the public for the amount of blatant ineptitude, corruption, and greed driven idiocy that has been going on. But that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Luceononuro

i believe executed is a little too much, but I more agree with you on that than not

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

How else do you warn future politicians that greed and ineptitude will no longer be tolerated? Sometimes you have to make a very severe example of people to get the rest in line.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Luceononuro

I starred your comment but still think its a little too ancient Roman times Gladiator Gamesque.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Well did you know what i meant? Then it doesnt matter how its spelled.

Yes, for many americans these days spelling and grammar mean nothing at all. Neither does torture and military aggression mean anything. Sad.

And most americans are unable to distinguish between country and government, two different things. Pity.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

He's British....but more importantly, are you equating poor grammar with psychopathy?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join