It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

You followed up with a stupid question about men having babies. So if I followed your chain of logic wrong, then I apologize. And no transgenderism is not a mental illness.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Bone75

I thought is was a suppressor for a gun at first glance.

Guns and masturbating is what came to both your minds?! Don't kids still take shop class anymore? Good lord.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

And I think you know what I meant. Is there an adapter for 2 men to wear that makes them create a baby?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well we're still little boys with toys.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

And I think you know what I meant. Is there an adapter for 2 men to wear that makes them create a baby?

Nope. There's not an adaptor for infertile hetero couples that will do that, either.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Nope. There's not an adaptor for infertile hetero couples that will do that, either.

Very true. Yes there are couples who cannot have children for whatever reasons and that is no fault of their own. That wasn't what I was getting at though. It's all good.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

We understand your point. Making babies or trying to make parts fit has nothing to do with the topic. Just because people's parts don't fit or can't make babies doesn't mean it's a mental illness.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you understand that a psychologist has absolutely no business making a statement in a professional capacity about biology, don't you?

Do you use the same standards when Bill Nye the mechanical engineer guy talks about the same subject?
I somehow doubt it...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

I thought is was a suppressor for a gun at first glance.

Well at least we know which one of us was following the conversation.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Very true. Yes there are couples who cannot have children for whatever reasons and that is no fault of their own. That wasn't what I was getting at though. It's all good.

It's not? But infertile people have a mental illness, too. I mean, why else could they possibly be infertile? I won't look at reasons why or read any studies from fertility experts. Nope. They are just #ed in the head. Must be.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The point is, it doesn't matter if a couple can't make a baby the old fashioned way, because we know how to get around that. We know how to get around lots of stuff that doesn't happen naturally for us, like flying ... or are you one of those people who say if God had wanted us to fly, we would have been born with wings?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Do you understand that a psychologist has absolutely no business making a statement in a professional capacity about biology, don't you?

Do you use the same standards when Bill Nye the mechanical engineer guy talks about the same subject?
I somehow doubt it...

If Bill Nye disagreed with 99% of the authoritative consensus, you'd have a good point.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

We understand your point. Making babies or trying to make parts fit has nothing to do with the topic. Just because people's parts don't fit or can't make babies doesn't mean it's a mental illness.

Well I think it is. And the stats and suicide rates and the % of people regretting their decision afterwards should show that "something" is not right upstairs.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Suicides generally are due to society not accepting it. And they don't just decide to have surgery overnight. They have to go through years of counseling with psychiatrists and doctors before they make a decision.
But anyway no it is not a mental illness. It's called gender dysphoria.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I hate when people use the suicide statistics to prove that being transgender is a mental illness. The suicides happen either because of the horrible treatment they get from society, or because they waited too late to transition and it doesn't go as well as they had hoped.

Most don't regret their decision afterwards. They regret that their families were never able to accept them and they regret that they started too late.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The problem I have with this whole thing is it's inherently sexist. When you ask a guy who thinks he's a girl why he thinks that, the answer is invariably something like I feel more like a girl, or I like more girly things, or I act more like a boy. Just look at the whole thing with the kids. Oh my little boy likes Barbie dolls and the color pink so he must be transgender. So wait, Barbie dolls are strictly for girls? Pink is a girl's color? Are GI Joes strictly for boys and blue is their color?

Does anyone else remember when the concept that certain actions, feelings, activites, etc are inherent to women was considered sexist? There is no such thing as feeling like a woman, because not all women feel the same. Not all women act the same, not all women are interested in the same things. It's an inherently sexist concept. Your gender is simply not based on what you think, feel or what you prefer to do or wear. It's based on your genes. Sorry. That's science. Stop being science deniers.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well I think it is. And the stats and suicide rates and the % of people regretting their decision afterwards should show that "something" is not right upstairs.

Have you compared suicide rates of people with gender dysphoria who have transitioned vs those who have not? No, you haven't. I know this because of what you are saying.

Having a physical condition like gender dysphoria (yes, it's just as physical as it is psychological) is a stressful way to be. People like McHugh (the douche quack referenced in the OP) are part of that stress. If a cisgender person has one crap-sandwich and a gender dysphoric person has 100 but transitioning reduces that gender dyphoric person's crap-sandwich count to five, you could still say that the transitioned gender dysphoric person will have to eat five times as many crap-sandwiches as a non-dysphoric person. So it's waaaaaaay better but not amazing. Transition, hands down, cuts suicide statistics (crap-sandwiches) in drastic ways.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I hate when people use the suicide statistics to prove that being transgender is a mental illness. The suicides happen either because of the horrible treatment they get from society, or because they waited too late to transition and it doesn't go as well as they had hoped.

Most don't regret their decision afterwards. They regret that their families were never able to accept them and they regret that they started too late.

That may very well be the case but I don't think this is documented and quantified anywhere is it?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So if people can't make babies on their own it's a mental illness? I'll send the memo to all barren women and sterile men.

Omfg......... My point was, 2 men cannot make a baby. It takes a male and a female, to make one NATURALLY. Or at the very least, a female egg and an apparatus for it to grow in. Key word is naturally. But if you want to put words in my mouth whatever.

You said this correct?

But I do believe it is a mental illness. It is like trying to plug in an electrical appliance by connect male to male ends, it does not work! It's just nature.

So I didn't put words in your mouth.

Maybe I used the wrong analogy, but I figured people would understand what I meant. So tell me, how does it even imply that people who are unable to have kids are mentally ill? I said trans people are mentally ill.

Then why did you bring up your appliance argument into a physiological discussion?

I was trying to say that some things just don't fit or work. So tell me where the line is drawn? Pedo's are already trying to say their behavior is normal and it's "just who they are". Doesn't there have to be a line drawn somewhere? I just think that blindly accepting certain things may lead to a can of worms that cannot be contained.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So if people can't make babies on their own it's a mental illness? I'll send the memo to all barren women and sterile men.

Omfg......... My point was, 2 men cannot make a baby. It takes a male and a female, to make one NATURALLY. Or at the very least, a female egg and an apparatus for it to grow in. Key word is naturally. But if you want to put words in my mouth whatever.

You said this correct?

But I do believe it is a mental illness. It is like trying to plug in an electrical appliance by connect male to male ends, it does not work! It's just nature.

So I didn't put words in your mouth.

Maybe I used the wrong analogy, but I figured people would understand what I meant. So tell me, how does it even imply that people who are unable to have kids are mentally ill? I said trans people are mentally ill.

Then why did you bring up your appliance argument into a physiological discussion?

I was trying to say that some things just don't fit or work. So tell me where the line is drawn? Pedo's are already trying to say their behavior is normal and it's "just who they are". Doesn't there have to be a line drawn somewhere? I just think that blindly accepting certain things may lead to a can of worms that cannot be contained.

I believe in pedophiles when they say "that's just who they are". That doesn't mean there aren't victims and that's what makes it wrong. Serial killers do what they do (usually) because that's just "who they are". Again, because there are victims.

With transsexuals, the victims are themselves. So the only can of worms being opened are being opened by people like you.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Abysha because: emPHASis on the wrong sylLABle

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join