It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

How do you know he has women body parts?

I guess it all depends on what we are comfortable with physically, doesn't it? I'm trying to understand you point here, are you saying this person has the physical body of a man, identifies as a man, but has XX chromosomes?

If that is the case then who cares and who would know any different. You started your post about the physical aspects of this person and that is what I replied to.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

All I basically said was I think it is a mental illness.. That is all. People need to be TOLERANT of other's opinions.
People freak out on me for simply believing that. It's a non issue really.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm saying that there are surgical procedures available that allow the transgender person's body to look very much like the gender they identify with.

I was responding to the poster who said if your chromosomes were male, you couldn't be in the girls locker room, period (which means if your chromosomes were female, you have to be in the girls locker room). I was pointing out that it isn't as simplistic as that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You didn't actually cite huffpo as a reliable source did you?

I hope you weren't too attached to the credibility you just hurled out the window.

As far as I'm concerned those who encourage this insanity are directly responsible when these individuals end committing suicide.

It's truly disheartening to see this crap taking hold. These are people who need help.

As for the religion side, I can say with certainty the Bible doesn't cover this at all, so saying that the Christians are the evil masterminds behind this is baseless and pathetic.

The ones who are trying to show people that transgenderism is a mental illness are those of us who can still see clearly the truth of biology laid down in nature since the beginning of time.

We're the ones who don't mindlessly consume what the MSM tries to force feed us.
edit on 12-5-2017 by GlassToTheArson because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Are you a child psychologist? I don't think any child psychologist would ever ascribe to the notion that children know or understand anything for sure, which is why we don't allow them to consent or take any responsibility for themselves until they mature.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

All I basically said was I think it is a mental illness.. That is all. People need to be TOLERANT of other's opinions.

Totally not freaking out on you. Go back and read my posts; I've been quite patient and polite with you.

But your insistence on it being a mental "illness" is frustrating because it is also physical (if not completely). The biological component is often left out of the gender dysphoria discussions (especially on ATS). It's not that a transsexual was born in the wrong body; they were born in a body that is wrong. Difference to be noted, there.

As far as being tolerant of your opinion, it's a difficult order to muster. We are discussing a physiological topic and you hadn't shown any interest of being informed. How does a person respond to that kind of disposition?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Oh we're tolerant. It's just that calling them mentally ill based on unfounded assumptions is not "nice". I think Christian Fundamentalists are mentally ill but I don't go around calling them mentally ill. Wait I just called them mentally ill. LOL.
But that's why we are discussing this to clear the misunderstanding.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

And we are just pointing out that yours is an opinion based on ignorance. I don't mean ignorance like you're stupid - I mean ignorance like you just aren't educated on the matter.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Bet you he has a penis instead. Chrmosomes are not absolute.

Doesn't matter then since we don't typically identify by Chromosomes as much as pluming. Do all transgenders identify to their physical form or do they identify with their Chromosomes, or maybe with their hormones. There are grey areas both physically and physiologically here .

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I don't believe I ever said we should perform sex reassignment surgery on children or anything like that.

I am saying that children with gender dysphoria experience distress at an early age due to the discrepancy between what their brain is telling them and how their body is formed. This distress does not go away. These children are persistent, insistent and consistent over years.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GlassToTheArson

Dude, relax. Keep reading the thread, okay?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
This will probably shock you but a psychologist is a doctor and scientist. But you did not know that.

Soft science
a psychologist giving opinions on neural and genetic science is like a dentist discussing cosmology

The guy is a psychiatrist, it takes some 17 years study to reach that point, 8 years doing a medical degree and another 9 years studying the mind. The are doctors of the body and mind to say they are unqualified is ridiculous .

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

My point is, knowing what you apparently agree with me on about child psychology, how can you definitively identify exactly why they think they should or shouldn't have a penis?
edit on 12 5 17 by face23785 because: spelling

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: yuppa

Bet you he has a penis instead. Chrmosomes are not absolute.

Doesn't matter then since we don't typically identify by Chromosomes as much as pluming. Do all transgenders identify to their physical form or do they identify with their Chromosomes, or maybe with their hormones. There are grey areas both physically and physiologically here .

They identify however they identify. But we're talking about how you identify them. Chromosomes are often brought up but, as you said, you can't see them. You also can't see their plumbing unless you are a perv. Nor their hormones.

So... if a woman says she is a woman but you later find out she was assigned male at birth... how do you identify her? And if it's different than what she says, why? Are you letting invisible things control your thoughts?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't think we know enough to say it's definitive either way and to say you are right or somebody else is wrong is not only naive but arrogant.

Personally I leave an open mind to the possibility that it could either be natural, wether that's chemical imbalance, or just being born in the "wrong" body, or that it is in fact a mental illness.

Mental illness in itself is already such a gray area and what's to say that they aren't the same thing or intertwined in some way?

$0.02

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

Then look at the American Academy of Pediatrics, or the American Psychology Association, or the American Medical Association or the World Association for Transgender Health, or any mainstream medical or psychological associations.

All far-left wing liberal nuts....but they do have followers for their cults.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Then look at the American Academy of Pediatrics, or the American Psychology Association, or the American Medical Association or the World Association for Transgender Health, or any mainstream medical or psychological associations.

Yes... the scientific method does have a liberal bias. I'll give you that.

Damned fact and stuff gettin' in the way of my hatin'!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I don't think we know enough to say it's definitive either way and to say you are right or somebody else is wrong is not only naive but arrogant.

Personally I leave an open mind to the possibility that it could either be natural, wether that's chemical imbalance, or just being born in the "wrong" body, or that it is in fact a mental illness.

Mental illness in itself is already such a gray area and what's to say that they aren't the same thing or intertwined in some way?

$0.02

No matter what it is I think they should be free to dress or pursue whatever activities they want, as long as it doesn't impact the rest of us. Because that's where my rights end, when they impact someone else, so why should they get special treatment?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
She refers to other Trans women who have made videos criticizing what he has to say as he and him while his opponent shows him the courtesy of calling him a her. See what I did there willfully disrespecting her by calling her him?

Incorrect (somewhat).
The person you are saying is not all trans people..it is one specific person (Riley)
This person has absolutely no desire to:
1) look more like a female
2) get any type of surgery or take hormones
3) transition in any way outside of just growing hair long and wearing a bit of makeup

The term trans is short for transition..someone actively moving from one gender to another.
If they aren't going to do that, then they aren't trans...then they aren't deserving of the same respect you give someone who is transitioning.

I see Blaire's point here fully.
Its like a person who worked hard to go to school and get a college degree, able to say they are a college graduate
another person doesn't go to college, but wants to call themselves that also just because...reasons. cant be bothered to go through all the schooling.
Nope...gotta walk the walk.

Here is a fun fact
She and Laci Green recently had a live debate where they chatted about a small array of a number of subjects. Now, you are surely aware of who Laci is. You should at least watch that one video. They touch on the topic of Riley. Overall, it was a really productive discussion. fully respectful, and had Laci agreeing on a wide array of things she initially was in disagreement with Blaire on..also, Blaire did clarify why she specifically had issues with Riley (not all trans people...Riley...specifically that one person)

Check it out. Yeah, Blaire is provocative and enjoys a bit of s--tposting. sign of the times, but the views she has is hardly hateful towards any group.

But I get it if you simply made up your mind and cant. I have people I simply will turn off regardless of what they say (Rush Limbaugh for instance). Human nature.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yeah them far-left wing lberal nuts operate on people everyday.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join