It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Biblical Conspiracies That Only Christians Believe in...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foreshadow
No offense JoshuaCox - Your questions are rather immature and ignorant

Joshua, the most important thing to keep in mind is that God created a huge array of personalities, but we're all equally his children.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Where did you come up with such rubbish? Young Earth theory aside - and that is certainly not a mainstream thing with Christianity, it's never been something anyone other than fundamentalists have believed in apart from well intentioned but ill informed amateur geologists from 17th - 19th century - none of the other things you have listed have any logical link to Christianity whatsoever.

I'd suggest a lot of people you know are Christian but their opinions on such things that you have listed are nothing to do with the faith they follow. Having said that, I'm sure there are people of other faiths or no faith who may believe in some of them.

You are really trying to come across as saying aren't Christians really stupid and Atheists really clever, aren't you?

ETA: As other posters have pointed out, even the young Earth theory isn't confined to some fringes of Christianity.
edit on 11-5-2017 by uncommitted because: As per ETA

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Mainly through debating people on ATS , I have noticed there are some things , not really related to Christianity, that only Christians believe in...

So are these Christian-only conspiracies, and why?????

You start off with an incorrect premise/assumption when you say that these are "Christian Only".

For instance... Devout Christians (generally) do not believe that God created any other intelligent life forms in the Universe. But so do many other religions...as well as non-religious people.

No they don't, there is nothing in the bible to suggest that God (the biblical God) only created life on one planet. That's your opinion and your opinion alone. Most sensible Christians actually don't take every word in the bible literally anyway, but it seems a lot of people can't accept that as the case.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

The Flat Earth and Young Earth theories, yes, they're predominantly Christian ideas.

That's not correct, there is zero correlation between flat earth theory and Christianity... in fact it's difficult to say there ever really was a theory that the earth was flat until the relatively modern fringe group came about.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i don't completely agree with OP, but i think i see the point they're getting at

take the Gay Agenda one, for example; how many bitterly embattled threads have we had about that sort of stuff?
and in those threads, what percentage of arguments against accepting LGBT people goes back to "bible says no" ?
not all, but a lot.
You see the same sort of thing in YE and FE threads too.
and the amount of biblical imagery and allusions that goes on whenever the illuminati comes up!

they may not be christians or believers as such but the bible gets cited as evidence around here a heck of a lot more than you'd reasonably expect if christianity wasn't a factor.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

That and obviously anyone gullible enough to believe in one faulty thing will be susceptible to another.

Never mind one conspiracy, I have one friend who is a Christian, Flat Earther, AND believes in the Mandala effect so for me there is proof these people exist that will apparently just believe in anything. Flat Earth and ME at the same time is mind exploding without any shred of proof. A big invisible sky daddy creator is absurd enough on it's own. I'll take creation more seriously when him 'living in the air/clouds' isn't a thing. 'Till then, Christianity is the oldest version of something similar to the ME and FE, a meme.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I'm sure you put a lot of thought in this post Not!,just an opinionated rant,no proof other then your opinions,may be on track of young earth,but a futile attempt to bait christians IMO

link   

I'm sure you put a lot of thought in this post Not!,just an opinionated rant,no proof other then your opinions,may be on track of young earth,but a futile attempt to bait christians IMO

link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Mainly through debating people on ATS , I have noticed there are some things , not really related to Christianity, that only Christians believe in...

You start off with an incorrect premise/assumption when you say that these are "Christian Only".

For instance... Devout Christians (generally) do not believe that God created any other intelligent life forms in the Universe. But so do many other religions...as well as non-religious people.

No they don't, there is nothing in the bible to suggest that God (the biblical God) only created life on one planet. That's your opinion and your opinion alone. Most sensible Christians actually don't take every word in the bible literally anyway, but it seems a lot of people can't accept that as the case.

One might also point out about Jesus saying (in John 10:16) He had to lay down his life because He had "other sheep that are not of this fold", which He had to "bring in".

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: uncommitted

One might also point out about Jesus saying (in John 10:16) He had to lay down his life because He had "other sheep that are not of this fold", which He had to "bring in".

That's a very, very good point.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Lol... "Christian only."

The Flat Earth and Young Earth theories, yes, they're predominantly Christian ideas. The rest? Not even close.

In regards to which I believe. The NWO? Without doubt. Satanic Cults? I am pretty sure that's established fact. They exist. Elite pedo rings? Eh, not too convinced one way or the other. The MSM? Been lying for decades.

Am I a Christian? I guess you could say I am in the sense that I believe in Jesus Christ, but not in the traditional sense. I am very unorthodox. Matter of fact, if I lived during the dark ages, I would have been burnt for "heresy" years ago.

There is absolutely zero evidence of any murderous satanic cult ever..

The public satanist and church of Satan are are all atheists thumbing there nose at the establishment , which is Christianity in the west..

I could absolutely be wrong about only Christians believe in them, but not about he fact there are exactly zero documented cases..

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I didn't claim otherwise, in fact I specifically said it was just anecdotal evidence.

It is kinda an experiment..

It should be fairly offensive to the " guy who hates Christianity but is all in on flat earth!"

Hopefully enough to post.
edit on 11-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Dude their is a who's who of big wig pastors who said stuff like this ...

And a big Christian following claiming they are not aliens, they are the devils demons trying to trick you..

The whole "aliens are mathematically a certainty" thing, didn't start until Hubble figured out there was more than one galaxy.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

That is Part of the reason I am doing this "experiment".... knowledgehunter has been the first non Christian who has claimed they buy theses conspiracies so far.. I guess he could be lying of really more of a quasi, Christian..

But his post history looked legit and not A single "Jesus is real " in the bunch..so imho I gotta take his word for it.

I knew any "anti Christian" people who bought these things, might even be offended enough into posting..

edit on 11-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
i don't completely agree with OP, but i think i see the point they're getting at

take the Gay Agenda one, for example; how many bitterly embattled threads have we had about that sort of stuff?
and in those threads, what percentage of arguments against accepting LGBT people goes back to "bible says no" ?
not all, but a lot.
You see the same sort of thing in YE and FE threads too.
and the amount of biblical imagery and allusions that goes on whenever the illuminati comes up!

they may not be christians or believers as such but the bible gets cited as evidence around here a heck of a lot more than you'd reasonably expect if christianity wasn't a factor.

That and watch any you tube video on anything listed, and almost all will really be saying the Bible is real...

To me fair, and I should have stated it better, that I don't think your average Christian believes any of these...

We are talking about a percent of the pop

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

There is absolutely zero evidence of any murderous satanic cult ever..

5 seconds on google
crimefeed.com...

In the early 1980s, a group of four men formed a satanic cult and committed crimes that are still considered some of the most violent acts ever to have occurred in the Midwest

www.allday.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

its just not some world power that shapes nations
edit on 11-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

edit on 11-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Mordekaiser

That is Part of the reason I am doing this "experiment".... knowledgehunter has been the first non Christian who has claimed they buy theses conspiracies so far.. I guess he could be lying of really more of a quasi, Christian..

But his post history looked legit and not A single "Jesus is real " in the bunch..so imho I gotta take his word for it.

I knew any "anti Christian" people who bought these things, might even be offended enough into posting..

Personally I'm just surprised that you are saying 'Christian' people believe or don't believe some of the things you listed when they have nothing to do with faith, but they may or may not be things some people happen to believe and also happen to be Christian - you are then making a correlation that isn't there. It's really not much of an experiment if you don't mind me saying so, it strikes me as being somewhat immature and naive. A vegetarian could have said people who eat meat believe in these things (and vice versa) and it would be no less ridiculous.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Young Earth Creationists: there seem to be no secular or non Christian proponents of this.. and assuming it held some validity, you should have scientists and/or conspiracy theorists of all shapes and sizes that buy into it. The concept that the earth is 70000 years old and the scientific community is falsifying evidence to falsify the existence of dinosaurs or giants , shouldn't really be a Christian only conspiracy should it??

I'm not saying I'm a proponent. I would not call myself a Christian. But I would call myself a deist. In that regard, an omnipotent God is fully capable of creating the entire Universe in any amount of time including all the fake fossil and carbon dating evidence. Once you accept the idea of having an omnipotent God everything changes.

Flat earth: this is just stupifying but out of all the videos I have seen pushing this conspiracy, they have all had a Christian spin to them. In a vacuum this shouldn't be a Christian only conspiracy.. yet it seems to be..

Flat earth is pretty new to me. I was jokingly googling it thinking there might be some reference to how people thought 200 years ago. Much to my surprise it's an actual conspiracy right now! I was kind of blown away and still trying to digest it. It kind of seems off the wall (nice pun) to think our world is like the set in the movie The Truman Show. I would think the secret would have been reviewed many times over just from the physics of curvature. I doubt this one is real.

Satanic Cults: I have also never met some one who is not a Christian who believes in satanic cults. Obviously people have crazy ideas about religion and people do stupid things in religions name, so why don't non Christians conspiracy people believe in this one too????

I am not a Christian and I believe in Satanic Cults. I think these people are play acting. Super rich people like to commit crimes just because they can. The "Satanic Cult" part of it makes them look like bad azzes.

I think there's another part of Satanism in which I think Christians are in league with Satan. An omnipotent God would be egalitarian sharing his power equally with everyone. But Satan, on the other hand, wants everyone to worship a single authority above all others, his. I doubt God needs us to worship his authority. An omnipotent God needs nothing from us. But Satan on the other hand who knows. What better way to hide Satan's indoctrination into worshiping a single authority above all others than putting the methodology in the Bible itself. Evil is always where you least expect it. You can't have a Lord without slaves. A God of love would not be a Lord. Christians are really Satan worshipers who don't know who they are really serving.

Illuminatti: the thought that there is a secret NWO who secretly controls the world and hides symbolism in all the media sources also doesn't seem like it would be a Christian only theory, but every video I watch some how ties it to the Bible.. I could be wrong about this being an only Christian conspiracy, but it definitely is a mainly Christian thought.

This one is a complete stretch. There is no doubt aristocracy keeps a firm hand on every country. But this is not a Christian thing. It's an aristocracy thing:

This describes best why our country will ALWAYS be in debt and why nobody ever has enough money to ever get ahead:

During the Civil War (1861-1865), President Lincoln needed money to finance the War from the North. The Bankers were going to charge him 24% to 36% interest. Lincoln was horrified and went away greatly distressed, for he was a man of principle and would not think of plunging his beloved country into a debt that the country would find impossible to pay back.

Eventually President Lincoln was advised to get Congress to pass a law authorizing the printing of full legal tender Treasury notes to pay for the War effort. Lincoln recognized the great benefits of this issue. At one point he wrote:

"(we) gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they have ever had – their own paper money to pay their own debts..."

The Treasury notes were printed with green ink on the back, so the people called them "Greenbacks".

Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902), money that he delegated to be created, a debt-free and interest-free money to finance the War. It served as legal tender for all debts, public and private. He printed it, paid it to the soldiers, to the U.S. Civil Service employees, and bought supplies for war.

Shortly after that happened, The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

That government must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe! There's no NWO. The old world order is alive and well. It's not going to go away.

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

Elite Pedo Rings EVERYWHERE!!

Billionaires are sick people. It seems possible.

The MSM: The conspiracy theory that all the scientists, media, college professors, teachers unions, regular unions exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make republicans look bad..

They do it a lot on their own. People who don't respect education will make fools of themselves and often. you just can't make this stuff up:

The gay agenda, They want to turn your children gay: this one has fallen out of popularity lately, but for a long time there were a lot of Christians pushing the thought that there was a gay agenda, where there was a massive conspiracy to normalize homosexuality and then indoctrinate children to be gay, or to be used by pedophiles..

If God did not love gays He would not have created them in the first place. I think there is a lot homophobic hysteria out there. It's funny how the people who are most outspoken against homosexuality turn to be one in the end.

So are these Christian only conspiracies, and why?????

They are not. But I agree that Christians are very superstitious.

edit on 11-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
dup
edit on 11-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
sorry, system issues on my end
edit on 11-5-2017 by ElGoobero because: trying to fix response

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join