It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: UKTruth

Darn you! I pulled this up in the shop to update on that, and you beat me to it while I was laughing about being 'bigly'...

Anyway, seriousness...

I'm a little surprised. Comey was expected to testify, seemed all was set up for him to accept. Then Trump tweets about there may be a recording. Comey replies with a call for subpoena of all recordings. That sounded like he might have been right and Trump wrong.

But now he backs out of a chance to prove his allegations? Hmmm...

TheRedneck

It gets more curious by the day.
I was listening to Dershowitz being interviewed earlier - he said that in Washington as long as one person being recorded is aware of it, then all is fine... i.e. if Trump WAS recording his and Comey's conversation then it was all legal. Strange laws in Washington!

I am starting to think that Comey may also have said something he should not have and has backed down in case there IS a recording... or, he is going to bide his time to have the biggest effect. You can be sure that from the moment he was fired he has doubled up on his lawyers....

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

She's just busy trashing me.

You trashed yourself and now you're furiously trying to backpedal from your own words.

Meanwhile, back at the topic:

So, I am guessing you don't think Comey should have been fired?

Could you explain why it is you think that?

Or did you just want to bash on Trump?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I bet if we looked around we can find plenty of examples of the collective hate from the left, what's your point?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

This is not the Mud-Pit. Knock off the back and forth, and the insults, unless you don't care about your posting privileges. Continue in this vein, and they will be removed indefinitely. This is your last warning.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

She's just busy trashing me.

You trashed yourself and now you're furiously trying to backpedal from your own words.

Help me out and quote his words before you trash your own credibility...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Replying to the OP

US Office of Govt Ethics

Some Americans chose to elect as POTUS a person who had never spent one second of his life living by a govt code of ethics.

In his personal as well as public-marketing life, Trump demonstrated a severe lack of living by ethics. He personally did not put "ethical principles above personal gain". He was never an employee, who had to follow even a corporate ethics code. Trump only did what Trump wanted to do, for personal gain.

Combine his lack of knowledge of how American govt functions with his lack of govt ethics with never having been in a position of public service or public trust, it should not be surprising that he might have asked Comey to pledge loyalty to him rather than to the Constitution. With Nixon I was shocked at the Saturday Night Massacre, but with Trump I was neither shocked nor surprised.

Sorry, The Donald, if you didn't like Comey's answer, you really need to immediately leave public service, because you obviously are not fit for public trust. Go back to your business where you could market yourself without needing to be ethical and also where your pathological lying, impulsive, narcissistic sociopath tendencies could make you a lot of personal gain. You are not fit to be POTUS.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Indigo5

The President of the United States tweets. If you are too stupid or biased to read what our president actually says

Sorry...I don't follow Paris Hilton on twitter either...

If Trump magically becomes capable of 'tweeting" anything true or interesting...I will read it.

Perfect example of how the liberal mind works. Comparing POTUS tweets to Paris Hilton's is nutty. Our president informs the American People of all kinds of things

Perfect example of how the right wing mind works?

thinking tweets about Arnold Swartzengers ratings and Rosie O'Donnell's appearance are vital news..

May god save the nation from your ilk...

edit on 12-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The President of the United States tweets. If you are too stupid or biased to read what our president actually says

Sorry...I don't follow Paris Hilton on twitter either...

If Trump magically becomes capable of 'tweeting" anything true or interesting...I will read it.

Perfect example of how the liberal mind works. Comparing POTUS tweets to Paris Hilton's is nutty. Our president informs the American People of all kinds of things

Perfect example of how the right wing mind works?

thinking tweets about Arnold Swartzengers ratings and Rosie O'Donnell's appearance are vital news..

May god save the nation from your ilk...

You obviously do not read all his tweets. When he is not trolling liberals, successfully, he does post some good updates on what he is doing/ sees happening or events that he wants to comment on. His twitter feed is a great outlet to bypass the media, which is why liberals hate it so much... he is approaching 30m followers now.

There are 17m+ followers on his POTUS twitter feed too, which updates regularly on what is going on in a more official manner.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but at this point in time my thinking says Comey made up (or at least intentionally misrepresented) what Trump said... probably in a bit of a panic at the prospect that he left a paper trail at the FBI that could hang him, along with several other prominent political figures (Clinton, Obama, Lynch, Pelosi, Warren, etc.). When Trump implied the recording might exist, he shot back without thinking it through. Now that he's facing Congress, however, he's getting cold feet.

Trump: call
Comey: raise
Trump: raise
Comey: raise... then fold.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well to be clear, Comey didn't actually say Trump said that. As I understand it, NYT said that someone told them that Comey said that, and of course they did not identify this person.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So it's literally 4th hand information.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but at this point in time my thinking says Comey made up (or at least intentionally misrepresented) what Trump said... probably in a bit of a panic at the prospect that he left a paper trail at the FBI that could hang him, along with several other prominent political figures (Clinton, Obama, Lynch, Pelosi, Warren, etc.). When Trump implied the recording might exist, he shot back without thinking it through. Now that he's facing Congress, however, he's getting cold feet.

TheRedneck

Perhaps.. something is going on behind the scenes for sure.
I wonder was Comey himself a source for some of the leaks we have been seeing?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

TheRedneck

BINGO!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

TheRedneck

OK...

James Comey is taking some time off...But something tells me he isn't done..

Check and fold are two different things in Poker..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

TheRedneck

OK...

James Comey is taking some time off...But something tells me he isn't done..

MSNBC Contributor job in two weeks.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I'm sure he is wisely consulting a lawyer although I'm sure too that he's fully aware of any laws he needs to uphold in this and that he will make a public statement soon.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Slow browser.
edit on 5122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that something is definitely happening behind the scenes, and that Comey has lost his paddle.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but have a quick read...and, most importantly, check the date it was issued.

DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that something is definitely happening behind the scenes, and that Comey has lost his paddle.

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, but have a quick read...and, most importantly, check the date it was issued.

DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

I remember that now that you raise it again. I hope the results of this IG investigation is available soon... I've got a feeling that Trump is playing with the media a little (a lot) here.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I remember that now that you raise it again. I hope the results of this IG investigation is available soon... I've got a feeling that Trump is playing with the media a little (a lot) here.

Nothing concrete, but there has been chatter that the closed door hearing pertained to this review, and it's findings.

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join