It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: TzarChasm

TC if any of what you just wrote was true or if you even believed any
bit of it? You wouldn't be such a fixture in everyone of my threads.
Further more if you don't see in the mirror exactly what you have
gone out of your way to say about me over and over and over from the
first day we locked horns? Then I have to suggest some therapy or
a nap or something.

(want me to drag it over here for you?)

Of course! Drag away amigo!

where is the fun in that? if you get to be monotonous charlatan then i can be a persistent critic. a little bit like pink panther no? it is only fair since you started this thread as a critic yourself.

edit on 12-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You mean persistent distraction? Because it's constantly the same obsession
with you every day, day in and day out perched as the overseer of the
ATS atheistic view. Only self appointed that is but it is your pedestal.
Are you like some kind of experimental program or something?
I mean while were at it? Maybe we can clear the air here, oh I forgot
you aren't even reasonable.

Are you tired yet?
edit on Rpm51217v24201700000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

a reply to: Raggedyman

I dont trust scientists at all, just the scientific proof they produce

That's my arena. Except for the Supreme Scientist, Mechanic, Designer,
Programmer, Creator/Oracle. You know the one who could save us all
the botched experiments and back to the drawing board waste of time
crap.

The great designer who designed the Catholic Church? In a way so there would be no checks and balances against pedophile priests? (Who were ultimately stopped only by the efforts of secular courts forcing their crimes to come to light.)

What kind of genius designer can't figure out a way to prevent that?

I thought the catholic church designed the catholic church
You want to blame God for mans decisions

How do you come up with arguments like that, its absurd
Seriously, are you blaming God for your own actions, do you engage brain before tippy tapping on the keyboard

Religious people insist that God gave us the Bible, and even acted to prevent it from becoming corrupted over the years, so we can trust it is his original word.

But he had no hand in setting up any of the churches?

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: bloodymarvelous

If I choose to rape you I can count on you blaming God right?

Get out of here with that hollow crap.

If an earthly authority allows its agents to rape children while they are on the job, the parents would have the right to sue that earthly authority.

Earthly authorities are usually led by people who are smart enough to be able to put safeguards in place. Unlike your god who is obviously too stupid to know how to do that. (And yet claims to be smarter than the smartest human.)

If god put you in a position of trust, told me to trust you, but took no measures whatsoever to ensure that you were trustworthy before, then at best god is an unwise steward.

Again what a silly argument, you are bizarre

Do you think people in ministry are chosen by God?
What does God tap them on the shoulder and say, hey you
God allows people free will, does God deny that and force them into ministry

The church has to answer to the earthly authority as well
Please use your brain

I just can not fathom how you think.

Did God ever describe how he wanted the churches set up? If he is such a genius he probably could have proposed a system of leadership that would be able to police itself to a reasonable degree. Stay somewhat free of corruption.

If the churches are structurally flawed and those who formed the churches were not sinning when they did so, then either his instructions on how to do it were unclear, or he gave very vague and utterly useless instructions.

The only way "man's frailties" can be blamed is if he gave clear instructions, and they failed to follow them. If they simply lacked the intelligence to do a better job, then .... well.... why didn't god use his great intellect to help them?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
An atheist might suggest that the reason he didn't use his amazing intellect to help them is because he doesn't have one.

That's the evidence I look for. I don't look for miracles. If there is a greater intelligence out there somewhere, and yet everything he or his followers do smacks of mediocrity...... then it stands to reason that what I am really seeing is ordinary humans doing their best. Not a greater being at work at all. Just mere mortals.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

An atheist might suggest that the reason he didn't use his amazing intellect to help them is because he doesn't have one.

That's the evidence I look for. I don't look for miracles. If there is a greater intelligence out there somewhere, and yet everything he or his followers do smacks of mediocrity...... then it stands to reason that what I am really seeing is ordinary humans doing their best. Not a greater being at work at all. Just mere mortals.

I'm try'n to follow you on this but .. Are you judging Gods intellect by the mediocrity of
mans construction or technology? I'm not sure I follow you?

It would be no surprize to me if an atheist said God didn't have an intellect?
edit on Rpm51217v06201700000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You mean persistent distraction? Because it's constantly the same obsession
with you every day, day in and day out perched as the overseer of the
ATS atheistic view.

you must have missed my hiatus. kinda forgot about this site for a little while. it was relaxing.
im not really the overseer of anything except calling bulls%$# if and where i see it. and your threads are usually waist deep when i stumble across them. its not my fault if you consistently put yourself out there. thats how peer review works. it only sucks when you dont do proper research and proof read your posts. in short, you set yourself up time and again.

Are you like some kind of experimental program or something?
I mean while were at it? Maybe we can clear the air here, oh I forgot
you aren't even reasonable.

Are you tired yet?

and we are back to the ad hominem. looks like you ran out of fingers to point at the diabolical blasphemers of abovetopsecret community and settled for the easiest target available, which is apparently me. good luck discouraging me because i enjoy denying ignorance ...when i have the time for it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

thats usually exactly what happens. mere mortals make the most of the least with ingenuity and stubborn cussedness. necessity is the mother of invention and all that good stuff. ordinary people honing their skills and expertise to the finest edge they can manage in the hope that the world will be better tomorrow than it is today. that is the actual point of it all. not glory, not truth, not praise or worship or subservience...but taking the least and making the most of it for the good of all.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

thats usually exactly what happens. mere mortals make the most of the least with ingenuity and stubborn cussedness. necessity is the mother of invention and all that good stuff. ordinary people honing their skills and expertise to the finest edge they can manage in the hope that the world will be better tomorrow than it is today. that is the actual point of it all. not glory, not truth, not praise or worship or subservience...but taking the least and making the most of it for the good of all.

I don't think I could ask for a more perfect example of incoherence.
You guys are awesome.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I don't think I could ask for a more perfect example of incoherence.
You guys are awesome.

do you have anything to say that is NOT belligerent and very un-christian like?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Uh, you were supposed to drag something from another thread?

I'm work'n up to it!
edit on Rpm51217v36201700000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Uh, you were supposed to drag something from another thread?

I'm work'n up to it!

oh you actually wanted me to do that?

"It's actually the more superior feeling that is KNOWING I am more superior."

i repeat, narcissism is not spirituality. and your thread reeks of it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'm actually flattered, even tho you know and still planned on
taking me way out of the contextual sarcasm where the
statement did originate. You don't know where I live do you?

And you accused me of something you planned on doing for sometime.
What kind of a member does that sh1t?

edit on Rpm51217v55201700000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

one who has answers.

inb4 "orly then explain how the big bang and where humans came from and why life!"

i recently made a list of "frequently asked questions" threads if you are interested.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

You're come'n off a little creepy TC.
Should I fear for my life?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

one who has answers.

inb4 "orly then explain how the big bang and where humans came from and why life!"

i recently made a list of "frequently asked questions" threads if you are interested.

Alright but just don't expect any disrespect mud sling'n.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

one who has answers.

Alright but just don't expect any disrespect mud sling'n.

i always expect that sort of thing. i even predict it sometimes just for fun.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Alright I checked it out. So you got one of my threads on there and
can't wait to make one of your monumental fantastic annotations
about it. Well go on before you vapor lock on me?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I'm try'n to follow you on this but .. Are you judging Gods intellect by the mediocrity of
mans construction or technology? I'm not sure I follow you?

It would be no surprize to me if an atheist said God didn't have an intellect?

Which parts of what we see in religion are God's doing and which parts are human doing?

If you're just going to take all the best stuff you see and attribute it to god, and then say everything bad was by humans, that's rather like the "Texas Sharp Shooter Fallacy"

en.wikipedia.org...

God's intelligence must be detectable by some means if he has any. Where shall I look? Which things that happen in Christianity are up to him? Nothing? Anything?

Does God deserve praise for anything Christians do? Or is every decision out of his hands (including the good ones)?

However I suspect a part of why Churches are flawed is because God gave unclear instructions on how to set them up. I would think if he were a genius that he'd be able to express himself more clearly.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Think about the Great Pyramids of Giza.

Part of the reason for the success of the project was the quality of the work done by the workers.

However also part of the reason for the success of the project was the quality of the design made by the architect.

Now, if I see a failed structure, even if it is a social structure like a church organization, on what basis should I be blaming ONLY the workers, but not the architect?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

However I suspect a part of why Churches are flawed is because God gave unclear instructions on how to set them up. I would think if he were a genius that he'd be able to express himself more clearly.

But don't you think he should get credit to his intellect for DNA genome sequencing?
All the coded information? I'm no biologist but it seems like a really awesome
accomplishment for anyone if it's considered in certain terms outside of scientific
parameters. Maybe that's just me?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join