It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules An Alabama Town Can Return To Segregation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Spider879

Excuse my ignorance here, Spider, but I cannot understand how this is racially motivated. Any ideas?

The Judge who ruled on it admitted as much.

a federal judge found that the move was racially motivated. She also said it would send messages of racial inferiority and exclusion that, quote, "assail the dignity of black schoolchildren." Nevertheless, the judge allowed the split to go forward.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

As a white American of Irish and Lithuanian descent, I am mortified by this story. I don't know how one could possibly defend this without first admitting that you are racist.

I will take the racist mantle. I am ok with this.

Why is this such a big deal?

In the midwest "White flight" is not this taboo topic. White people fled due to crime and moved into the burbs and property prices keep most minorities and hence crime low.

A couple school districts in the area burbs were opened up to city folk. Was a disaster.

I forgot in other parts of the country the white people stayed put. And I forget about all the oblivious white people who grew up in the burbs. It is a different world.
Most people have no clue they how property prices and zoning keeps where they live safe.

In b4 Muh diversity is strength idiots show up.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you support sanctuary cities then I'm not sure why you shouldn't support this. States rights trumping federal laws.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The judge didn't actually "find" racial motivation.

She just "thinks" it's racially motivated.

I think the NPR story is biased.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I am not sure how anyone can derive that conclusion from a desire to secede from a school district. There is no indication of a racial motivation save for what the Judge formulated in her head. In other words there is no proof of racial motivation.

If that truly is their motivation, then God help them, but there is simply no indication of that.
edit on 5-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

The oops there goes the neighbor hood argument was a game played by real-estate agents and redlining , a single black family of means meant the property value dropped?? think about that for a second, however flooding a neighborhood with folks without means to live there or building a housing project was a real thing, and done on purpose, to drive fears for making a buck on both ends.
edit on 5-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Mate, maybe you should listen to what Martin Luther King had to say. Hate to say it but people blame white people for everything, when they should be thanking them.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: crazyewok

Blame Black lives matters and there ilk.....

They have taken the slow progres of racial integration and destroyed it.

No they have nothing to with this trend as this started before an org called Black Lives Matter existed and there you go shifting culpability to black folks, right on cue..lol
yes because blacks are inocent and completely blameless in everything.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This is not a racial issue it is a money issue.

The same thing happened near where I live only both schools were mostly white. The difference? One was a wealthy suburb and the other more blue collar / rural. They split because the wealthier school was tired of subsidizing the school where average income was significantly lower.

Race has very little to do with anything these days.

It's dollars.
edit on 2017/5/5 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Archonic

Mate, maybe you should listen to what Martin Luther King had to say. Hate to say it but people blame white people for everything, when they should be thanking them.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Whites invented the concept of race and racial theorizing, and we're still stuck in its legacy because of it. We should repudiate it like MLK did, and toss that pseudoscience to the wind.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archonic

Blame white people for everything??...but but that segregation thingy was implemented and maintained by white folks, yes Black folks had allies from white folks battling that very thing, but I am not gonna thank every white person I meet for what exactly?? ..nor am I blaming all white folks for Black folks problems that can only be fixed by Black folks.. I also listened to Malcolm X as well as King.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Blame Black lives matters and there ilk.....

They have taken the slow progres of racial integration and destroyed it.

No they have nothing to with this trend as this started before an org called Black Lives Matter existed and there you go shifting culpability to black folks, right on cue..lol
yes because blacks are inocent and completely blameless in everything.

On this issue yes.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Let us Whiteys go to Africa and try that sh't shall we eh? Mate?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Whites? I think you're mistaken.

The first blacks were sold to Amercia via Black Slave Drivers.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Let us Whiteys go to Africa and try that sh't shall we eh? Mate?

But but a lot of White folks did went to Africa and did exactly that...remember apartheid South Africa etc???.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Depends on which version you hear. I have friends in SA and the story isn't the same as it is on CNN mate.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

according to the article, they aren't segregating. They are a mostly white town (btw, that means that they AREN'T all white) and the judge believes that the move is racially motivated.

They aren't saying that non-whites can't go to the school, merely that they have enough people and want their own district.

Jaden

Shhh.... you were not supposed to read the article . How dare you ? You were only supposed to read NPR's glorified headline...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Depends on which version you hear. I have friends in SA and the story isn't the same as it is on CNN mate.

So 80 or so yrs of official apartheid is now fake news??..go figure..

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I won't divert this thread into how many ways I think your response is wrongheaded. You certainly have the right to be racist. I live in the Boston area, was born in Boston and work in Boston. I'm not someone who does not interact with other races. I'm fully aware of the positive and negative aspects of different neighborhoods. If you think these issue are inherent in the race of a person there's nothing I can say to dissuade you of your ignorance.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Here is my question to those "offended" do any of you live there?, Will any of you Move there> if it doesn't affect you how can it affect you. I don't like beef stroganoff, I despise it, I don't really carte if you like it and want to eat it, I won't stop you.
I'm not gonna partake of the Beef stroganoff, why is this so hard? why should I stop you?

I honestly think it should be banned, the mere thought makes me retch, so guess what I AVOID IT!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join