It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-project aircraft suffers mechanical fault over European waters and other facts *oldie-goldie*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Jukiodone

They aren't selected for their skills, they're selected for their preexisting SAP clearance. Most SF units use some kind of SAP technology, so they don't have to worry about them. Base security is usually cleared for some classified programs, but not everything.

Pre existing SAP clearance?
I though the whole point of a SAP is that information is controlled via project compartmentalisation.
Your clearance applies to the bits you need for the duties of the job and nothing else- especially not other, sometimes password protected, SAP projects/technologies.

Carte blanche/rush job SAP clearances for foreign national special forces seems like an OPSEC minefield too far and I cant help but think the inclusion of the (as you point out) - FUBAR loving SAS seems too salacious to be anything but a distraction.

edit on 7-5-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm talking about the fact that they're already cleared for a SAP, not carte blanche or rushed. They don't have any access to the program, but since they're already under other programs, if they do need to sign an NDA for a guard job, they already have the clearance level, without requiring the extra leg work. Or having to go individual by individual for the base forces to find that handful of people that have the right clearance level.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hard to discuss meaningfully when its just all rumours.

According to the same rumours - the Army Air Corps Agusta A109 - alleged to be carrying the SAS - didnt arrive until the next day anyway...

On the night of the alleged crash, a RAF Special Forces Chinook from RAF Oldiham was the first responder!

Seems weird to wait until next day to send in your spec ops guys to run perimiter duty.

If you were planning ahead for foreign operations of your SAP asset, you might predict the possibility of mechanical/technical failure and carry a fully briefed, armed to the teeth squad of camo dudes (who are good at averting their gaze) around with you for security/retrieval.

Saves on all the hassle and the obvious OPSEC issues this caused- if true.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

They were supposed to be on the ground an hour to an hour and a half. They had previously had zero problems with the aircraft, so they didn't have extra security on stand by. It took time to recall them and get them to the location, which you would expect from anywhere.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Motivated me enough to read the DOD SAP rule book.: www.dtic.mil...

Obviously this is from 2013 so the process might have been different then but Page 34- "Disclosure to foreign nationals" seems complicated...but could also explain the gap in time from incident to alleged SAS arrival as unless already briefed- the SecDef or underSecDef would have to personally approve via a delegation of disclosure authority letter.

Camo Dudes would make the most sense (or the SEALs that were stationed in Scotland at the time) but interesting that there is a process for foreign national disclosure.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Foreign pilots fly the B-2, and flew the F-117, among others. So there has to be a way to disclose all their secrets to them.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would think the SAS would be more than disciplined enough to not ask questions on missions..
Senior citizen started off as requirement for a Short take off stealth transport I thought.
Scale Composites
edit on 7-5-2017 by Blackfinger because: Added link

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Jukiodoneamong others

Oh, what I'd give to know what they were...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

A couple of them are pretty interesting.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do you mean only about British pilots to fly those "among others"?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Exactly. If I had a super stealth top secret aircraft and it crashed on foreign sole. The first thing id want is the best soldiers that country has to offer, to guard it or guard the hangers it's situated.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
From what XFile episode...

I just wanna say, everything you've seen here is equal to the protection we give it. It's you who have acted inappropriately.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Deep Throat

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

originally posted by: boomer135
a reply to: themadgenius

The SR-71 never went mach 4. This is well documented.

Never did, but what passed by over head certainly was doing so - Air Traffic Control told the SR-71 crew by mistake.

That's straight from the mouth of a Sled driver.

I remember seeing story about it once. Does anyone have a link to it? Can't find it now...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Foreign pilots fly the B-2, and flew the F-117, among others. So there has to be a way to disclose all their secrets to them.

Now thats really interesting I knew there were exchange programs but I guess this proves the "special relationship"

Whoops Im going way back in time. Can you tell im playing catchup

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join