It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-project aircraft suffers mechanical fault over European waters and other facts *oldie-goldie*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

It was 3am and I was warming the bottle of my 15week old son. I read this with blurry eyes haha. Re reading it much clearer haha.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The SAS were called in to guard the airfield, apparently.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

They would be. They need some kind of guard on the area the aircraft was until they could move it out.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

originally posted by: PRSpinster

Holy #. I wish I had, man. It's fascinating that we had pulse detonation engines more than 23 years ago, though.
Kinda makes me wonder what they are playing with now. Hydrogen slush is so 1980's. Lol

The German V1 missile used an early pulse jet design so it's no surprise really just don't think they work very well with large objects. There's a video on. YouTube of a model rc V1 using a mini pulse jet it's pretty cool.

A pulse jet and a pulse detonation engine are two separate technologies.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Is there a successor of the Boscombe mystery craft flyng this days ?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I live very close to Boscombe Down. I'll make a journey out there and just maybe.........

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

And what do you call the triangles that DO display those capabilities?

Senior citizen...

Probably not, Senior Citizen went with PE Code 0401316F. 04 is Mobility Forces, Transport aircrafts and such. Disappeared as a R-1 budget line after FY1993 - either cancelled or went operational under a different heading.
It was listed as a historical non-active SAP in the 04 FYDP though.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

It's almost certainly the green lady.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby
Great news

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Do u have any links to the green lady??

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

You have to track all "Weird california sighting" thread. It's there.

Damn fast thing..

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Surely the better thread on ATS

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The Boscombe mystery craft was surely not a big craft , if I remember well it take back home in a C-5 Galaxy so not a real big craft.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Jeez yes I remember that one I shall go back in time

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Probably not, Senior Citizen went with PE Code 0401316F. 04 is Mobility Forces, Transport aircrafts and such. Disappeared as a R-1 budget line after FY1993 - either cancelled or went operational under a different heading. It was listed as a historical non-active SAP in the 04 FYDP though.

They are still seeing triangles in the UFO forums so they are still flying..That or their offspring are..

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
Yes of course the triangles exist, they just have nothing to do with Senior Citizen. No way their project line item is showing up in an unclassified AF R-1 budget.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393

The SAS were called in to guard the airfield, apparently.

The general consensus on the UK military forums is that this didn't actually happen.
The SAS have been used for all sorts of things (prison riot anyone?) but guarding an exotic airframe doesnt really befit any of their skills when you think about it.

edit on 7-5-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

The general consensus apparently is that the aircraft doesn't actually exist because there's no budget line item for it that anyone has found.

SF units have been used as short term guards for a number of black programs, because they're used to keeping their mouth shut, and aren't going to go to the bar and run their mouth after.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'll try and dig out the quotes to put it in context but the argument went that the only skills of use might be covert surveillance/security...which wouldn't be needed INSIDE the base at all.

The SAS might hang out at the local KFC to intercept potential snoopers but it's probably more likely base security (who are already cleared for UK classified technologies operating from the base) would be a better fit.

They also pour scorn on any suggestion of exotic airframes operating out of Machrihanish so go figure...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

They aren't selected for their skills, they're selected for their preexisting SAP clearance. Most SF units use some kind of SAP technology, so they don't have to worry about them. Base security is usually cleared for some classified programs, but not everything.

SF units are generally used for finding things and breaking them, but occasionally get tapped for emergency work, such as guarding an airframe for 24-48 hours while transport is moved in. Once it's loaded, it can be guarded by anyone, because they're only guarding the aircraft it's on. Until then, they want specific people to do it. If they can't get their own in fast they'll tap a local unit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join