It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young teens beat student to death and upload video to Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Excusing behavior just because they are teenagers is wrong. We never blame the person. we always try to blame their upbringing or environment. Some people are just bad. Accept it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lol gang beating someone to death is second degree?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
edit on 5/4/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Someone try to convince me the increase in this sort of thing isn't due to the family structure breaking down in the west.

Yes, clearly that must be it.
Life was a utopia before all this internet and no religion in schools...

well..unless you weren't white..then sorry, but it was hangin time with great crowds of people all participating.

Sure, of course you must be right about white people hanging black folks and your implication that it was a solid family structure and the Christian religion that caused that to happen. Why don't you get some statistics and compare the internet video violence to records of white on black lynchings. Compare the family life of first half of the 20th century to the current era of the internet and social media, if that is a valid comparison. Your off handed and unnecessary comment must have merit somewhere out in the real world just because you said it is so.

If I must
Murder rate 1950 - 2014
Interesting that in 1950, the murder rate was higher than in 2014
Now for a more broad and eye opening view

Look carefully at this graph
We are in a murder level equal to the lowest murder levels in over 100 years..and if you consider they now actually go after people in southern states who murders the "undesirables" insteads of just brushes under the carpet, you will realize the murder rate in the nation is lower than its perhaps ever been since its founding.

The internet blasts sensational murders across the nation and makes it personal..this creates a sense that its happening local. its what tricks people into thinking things are bad when they arent as bad as they seem..its just now such stuff is being exposed with technology.

And thats a good thing.

Yes..we are now in what might be the golden age of non violence. The idea of the modern lifestyle has driven everyone insane isn't supported by facts in regards to murder

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Lol gang beating someone to death is second degree?

I've seen harsher sentences given out to potheads.

In Soviet Amiruka, pot is worse than murder!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
edit on 5/4/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding my OP. I'm not defending or making excuses for these teens. Im not blaming it on Facebook either. I'm merely trying to understand how and why these things happen. No they didn't just wake up and decide to kill her. But if that's what you want to believe, sure go ahead.

I deal with troubled teens on a daily basis, and have been for over 7 years. My perspective on these types of issues is a lot more deep than what you see on the surface.

I clearly said I believe, which is my opinion. I never said it was true, and I'm only trying to discuss all the different dynamics and nuances that come into play. If you want to end it at "they are just sociopaths" I won't stop you, but i will continue to look deeper into these things. It's part of my job and part of my life.

If you noticed I always highlight these types of cases because I believe it gives us an important topic to discuss.

And when I say "social media" I'm not just talking about Facebook. I'm talking about all forms of media and society as a whole, because they are all intertwined. If you think this has no influence on a teenagers behaviour, thoughts, actions, etc, well.. you may need to do some more research.

Peace

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

their murder rates would drop by 97%.

Be completely honest with yourself. Whenever there's a brutal murder, a terrorist attack, or a flash mob robbing a train, how often does the video show white people?

Well before you go all white power...
recognize by comparison, asian community makes white community look like stupid thugs.

if the issue is different cultures, then integration into a majority peaceful culture would be a good thing. If its different brain patterns determined by race, then asians are clearly the master race on earth. (they compare in global crime index for the top 5 lowest crime nations on earth tiny places like iceland against super packed japan like it is relevant...still ends up being a asian sweep)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Someone try to convince me the increase in this sort of thing isn't due to the family structure breaking down in the west.

The internet blasts sensational murders across the nation and makes it personal..this creates a sense that its happening local. its what tricks people into thinking things are bad when they arent as bad as they seem..its just now such stuff is being exposed with technology.

You think that newspapers and the TV nightly news didn't blast sensational murders across the nation? That's nothing new. Jeez, half my childhood was the OJ Simpson trial and WACO. That's not why violent crime seems higher. Violent crime seems higher because of racial integration upping the murder rate you're exposed by 900%-3300% depending on where you live.

We are discussing how it seems America was basically violence free pre-1950s US and now we are in a civil war if you would believe MichiganSwampBuck
I showed him how his perception is not actually a fact.

You are giving your personal views. your views dont matter. statistics matter.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

People are not that deep though.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I assume you have personal access to everyone's personal lives to understand all the dynamics and nuances at play that set a person on a path and guide them to where they go?

It gets pretty deep if you actually try to look past the surface.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
facebook is a new platform for dumbasses who want their hour of fame for being uncivilized psychopaths. the next generation of copycat killers who think that social media is a foolproof broadcast system. i cant think why else they would actually post their crime for the world to see.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
my flow so nice, it posted twice.
edit on 4-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

A graph, that's something I suppose. How does that correlate to religious beliefs and family values of the times on the chart? Looks like the murder rate was pretty low through the 1950s up to about the 1970s, the era of the nuclear family I believe. Of course, there is no indication of where the most murders were or if they were white on black murders, might want to look into the southern states since you now seem to have directed your comment to violence commited in the south.

Most of the lynchings that took place happened in the South. A big reason for this was the end of the Civil War. Once black were given their freedom, many people felt that the freed blacks were getting away with too much freedom and felt they needed to be controlled. Mississippi had the highest lynchings from 1882-1968 with 581. Georgia was second with 531, and Texas was third with 493. 79% of lynching happened in the South. Of the lynching that did not take place in the South, mainly in the West, were normally lynchings of whites, not blacks. Most of the lynching in the West came from the lynching of either murders or cattle thief's. There really was no political link to the lynching of blacks in the South, and whites in the West. Not all states did lynch people. Some states did not lynch a white or a black person. Alaska, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut were these few states that had no lynchings between 1882-1968.

Lynching Statistics 1882-1968

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The training is working..share everything you do, good bad or indifferent.. and give up your privacy

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's pretty much it.

"Oh, we're going to get so many hits, and likes... We'll be famous."

"we're in jail? But...but...we're famous!?"

Stupid people, doing horrifying things. Amazing how the world remains pretty much the same, irregardless of technological advancements...or is it because of them...hmmm.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: SaturnFX

A graph, that's something I suppose. How does that correlate to religious beliefs and family values of the times on the chart? Looks like the murder rate was pretty low through the 1950s up to about the 1970s, the era of the nuclear family I believe.

Yes...almost as low as it is now

Of course, there is no indication of where the most murders were or if they were white on black murders,

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: yuppa

I assume you have personal access to everyone's personal lives to understand all the dynamics and nuances at play that set a person on a path and guide them to where they go?

It gets pretty deep if you actually try to look past the surface.

People have more in common that not so in effect people do fit in certain boxes from time to time.
Most teens these days lack direction and common sense and respect for others.

I been alive for 37 yrs im prety good at telling jerks from idiots and those with common sense.
Under the surface most people are not pretty(myself included) Shoot if i can sell someone out to get ahead ill do it in a minute because most of anyone else would do the same. I tried playing nice. got screwed over so im done with that.
Unless i know you and like you.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Thanks for the kind words, you made my day

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Families of victims need to file a massive lawsuit against FB, and shut them down, already. They censor conservative comments in minutes, but can't get videos like this down for hours r even days?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join