It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young teens beat student to death and upload video to Facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Wow horrible. A young female was beaten to death by other students and the video was uploaded to Facebook. Facebook has been on a role lately. What's wrong with people?

Lin k

Another senseless murder, more lives wasted

Two teenage girls are facing murder charges after a video showing the brutal beating of a Canadian high school student was posted on Facebook.

Serena McKay, 19, was found dead on the Sagkeeng First Nation reserve, northeast of Winnipeg, on April 23 just hours after she was reported missing by her family.

Poor girl

Footage of McKay being beaten to death has been circulating on Facebook and was shared on a private instant messaging app.

The sickening video, which was on Facebook for at least four hours before it was removed, showed McKay lying bloodied and barely conscious on the ground while she was repeatedly stomped on and punched in the head.

McKay could be heard sobbing 'I'm so sorry' as she was being attacked. 

Still kids

Police say two girls, 16 and 17 years old, have been arrested on charges of second-degree murder. Given their ages, police are not identifying them.

I'm at a loss for words, but at the same time I'm not surprised. I'm starting to believe social media plays a pretty significant role in all of this. We are in such a narcissistic and entitled era, kids are pressured into being a certain way, pressured into being "cool" and doing dumb stuff just to fit in. I'm pretty sure the thought of video taping and sharing it was planned before they decided to go and beat her up. There were other students watching and not one of them thought, hey this is probably a bad idea? I did some dumb # at 16, but I was never this stupid.

The future doesn't look too bright for the younger generation.

Sad sad sad..

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Par for the course. The world is lost, and wickedness reigns. I thought the meek were supposed to inherit something, but I may have misunderstood..

edit on 3-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I didn't check the links. This is becoming much too common. How can people be so ignorant as to share on social media?

There is something more perverse going on here.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This is mind bending to such a degree that I cannot even comprehend it. However, to say that this is the end of Western Civilization as we know it is a bit premature. For each of this type of person there a hundreds of great kids. My youngest son is 17 and I am constantly shocked at how much of a better person he is than I am. His friends are all fantastic. These kids are never reported on in the media because they simply don't generate ratings.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
She's allegedly crying "I'm so sorry" so I'd postulate that the girls are retaliating for something, but somehow you think this is facebooks doing, and not simply the actions of a pair of sociopaths?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

We are in troubled times.

Ignorance is quite prevalent amongst society now a days.

When your role models are people you see on social media and TV, instead of positive ones in real life, it's easy to get lost in translation and lose direction.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I'm not blaming Facebook at all. The 2 girls are obviously sociopaths, but you don't just wake up one day and become a sociopath.

Just trying to connect dots is all.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Someone try to convince me the increase in this sort of thing isn't due to the family structure breaking down in the west.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yea I was being a bit melodramatic, I'm fully aware not all kids are like this. But there is definitely a growing problem with teens and society in general.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I'm not blaming Facebook at all. The 2 girls are obviously sociopaths, but you don't just wake up one day and become a sociopath.

... this kind of violence and sociopathy has always been prevalent, and without delving into a nature vs.nurture argument, yeah. They kind of do. Some people are born wired differently, Facebook has literally zero to do with anything. The fact that they've incriminated themselves so handily should be praise on facebooks wall.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
2nd degree?

1st degree, tried as an adult, and let them rot for 50
Enjoy your life. yolo

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sure these types of people have always existed. But I have to disagree with you that social media has zero effect on this. I've seen first hand what social media can and does do.

You can't ignore the nature vs nurture, because they both play a role and intertwine regardless if you want them to or not.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I didn't check the links. This is becoming much too common. How can people be so ignorant as to share on social media?

There is something more perverse going on here.

The internet is a cleansing light exposing all the filth that has always existed..its a good thing, but now we are seeing what is in the hearts of some men...and that can be shocking (gives us moments to reflect on ourselves and whatnot)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sure these types of people have always existed. But I have to disagree with you that social media has zero effect on this. I've seen first hand what social media can and does do.

You can't ignore the nature vs nurture, because they both play a role and intertwine regardless if you want them to or not.

What it did, in this case, is find the murdering bullys in a hot second for some well deserved justice.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Someone try to convince me the increase in this sort of thing isn't due to the family structure breaking down in the west.

Yes, clearly that must be it.
Life was a utopia before all this internet and no religion in schools...

well..unless you weren't white..then sorry, but it was hangin time with great crowds of people all participating.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm not ignoring nature vs nurture, I'm stating that people can and do, simply wake up sociopaths.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It's a lot more complex than just waking up a sociopath. Sure there are those rare cases that somebody is just wired differently, but there were 2 kids commiting this murder, along with other students watching on. That's why in this case I'm inclined to believe they just didn't wake up a sociopath.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Don't think this is facebook's doing but facebook seems to be a medium for these young people to get notoriety. Social media has gone awry. It does need to be limited.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
Don't think this is facebook's doing but facebook seems to be a medium for these young people to get notoriety. Social media has gone awry. It does need to be limited.

And guns are a medium for killing people. Nothing's gone awry.

People are #ed in the head. People have always been #ed in the head. People who are #ed in the head, tend to congregate together with other people who are #ed in the head.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It's easy to just say people are bad and are # up in the head, but in more cases than not, it goes much deeper than that. Maybe my perspective is different because I work with a lot of teens that are # up in the head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join