It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea 'test-fires ballistic missile'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

A lot of their artillery is. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a number of missiles in caves too.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
lol, good idea north korea keep poking the lion after it has been let out of it`s cage, lil kim must think Obama is still the president.

some advice for lil kim,being crazy only works if your adversary isn`t crazier than you are.
edit on 28-4-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: crazyewok

Not as easy as people think. They don't have the most modern air defense system, but they've got a lot. They could probably stop quite a few Tomahawks, so they'd have to fire a hell of a lot of them.

What about a B2 strike? I doubt they have anything to stop one of those?

I actually have sympathy for trump on this one.
He been left with a problem that should of been sorted by Bush or hell even Clinton.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
lol, good idea north korea keep poking the lion after it has been let out of it`s cage, lil kim must think Obama is still the president.

USA gave North Korea a very reasonable request halt the tests and sit down and talk.

At the very least North Korea should have halted for a month or two and sat down at the negotiating table and at LEAST hear what the USA had to say.

I have no sympathy for North Korea now and if there is a military strike they have brought it on themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

no president has been egotistical or narcissistic enough to deal with north korea,until now. lil kims insanity is no match for egotistic and narcissistic.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I am probably the least hawkish person on ATS so if I support military action on North Korea that says something.

Still i dont envy trump the descion he hasvto make now.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

what gives the US the power to go and give other nations ultimatums as they see fit?
how many Americans has NK killed, how many foreign nations has NK harmed in the past 100 years?

-----

why cant they test missiles exactly? why can the US and UK test missiles as they see fit? how many countries has NK actively engaged in warfare with vs the US or UK to even logically based on history and probability/statistics warrant any ultimatums?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
I feel really bad for the civilian population of North Korea because I think one way or the other, their country is headed for a mass casualty event like we have never seen in all of human history.

And we always thought the depopulation would be done in the west. Might not need to kill off any americans at all for the NWO.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

1) North korea make threats every week about preemptive nuclear strikes on the US, south Korea and japan. If north korea did not do this I would not haveva problem.

2) yes North Korea are always attacking south Korea. Over the past decade alone they have shelled a village, a island , sunk a South korean frigate and Kidnapped more than a couple of people.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

what gives the US the power to go and give other nations ultimatums as they see fit?
how many Americans has NK killed, how many foreign nations has NK harmed in the past 100 years?

-----

why cant they test missiles exactly? why can the US and UK test missiles as they see fit? how many countries has NK actively engaged in warfare with vs the US or UK to even logically based on history and probability/statistics warrant any ultimatums?

I reckon when you are still officially at war with another country (as in a peace treaty was never signed) and that country threatens to nuke your country your`re kind of obligated to stop that threat at any cost.

south korea and the U.S are still officially at war with north korea because a peace treaty was never signed.

it`s a sad commentary on the U.S. that no president since the cease fire in the 1950`s has had the balls to end the war with north korea. over 60 years and not a single president was competent enough to end the war with north korea,it kind of makes you think that none of those presidents were even competent enough to be elected as president.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Double check your history. The Korean Armistice was the complete cessation of hostilities. It was the end of the Korean War.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

An armistice isn't a peace treaty. It ends hostilities, but not necessarily the state of war that existed between the nations. An armistice is usually used to negotiate a formal peace treaty.

An armistice is a formal agreement of warring parties to stop fighting. It is not necessarily the end of a war, since it may constitute only a cessation of hostilities while an attempt is made to negotiate a lasting peace.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

There was no formal peace treaty signed after the war ended. A technical state of war still exists. The armistice was signed and meant to end hostilities until a formal peace treaty could be signed.
edit on 4/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Double check your history. The Korean Armistice was the complete cessation of hostilities. It was the end of the Korean War.

cessation of hostilities?
oh really?, well threatening to nuke someone seems pretty hostile to me.

north korea threatening to nuke America and a few other countries seems pretty hostile to me and proves that north korea never ceased it`s hostilities.

unless you have a different definition of the word hostilities this is the accepted definition of the word:

hos·til·i·ty
/häˈstilədē/
noun
hostile behavior; unfriendliness or opposition
aggression, belligerence
•opposition, antagonism, aversion, resistance, dissidence
•acts of warfare.

you can spin it, and rationalize it all you want but threatening to nuke someone is extremely hostile and definitely an act of warfare and if you are on the receiving end of that threat you will take that threat as being hostile.

so, exactly when did north korea stop with the hostilities?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

no president has been egotistical or narcissistic enough to deal with north korea,until now. lil kims insanity is no match for egotistic and narcissistic.

No President cared about doing what needed to be done over their own popularity for re-elections of themselves or their own party.

That's why every President has kicked this can down the road to the next.

If President Trump does something about this, hate him or not, you should admire that quality. That's not a quality you'd find in a career politician.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Double check your history.

My granddad was over there after the armistice patrolling the border with his squad and all but him and one other were killed.

It was not a complete cessation, but complete for the most part and fights on the border are often kept quiet for fear of calls for retaliation.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Its time time to silence Li'l Kimmy once and for all.

Thank God for Trump.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

There were several attempts at a formal peace treaty. North Korea made one of the conditions them being able to keep their nuclear weapons program. The US refused, and one side or the other walked away.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Kim is very dangerous. He must be dealt with. a reply to: Damiel

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: xstealth

There were several attempts at a formal peace treaty. North Korea made one of the conditions them being able to keep their nuclear weapons program. The US refused, and one side or the other walked away.

I know that, these incidents have happened since 1956 to present.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join