It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea 'test-fires ballistic missile'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

What about an autodestruction?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I hate to say it because I am against violence on principle, except in self defense, but the situation in which North Korea proceeds to acquire a ballistic missile capability together with a nuclear weapons capability cannot be permitted. Kim Jong Un has said that he wants missiles capable of hitting the continental United States and that he wants to turn the United States into ashes.

That would do it for me, if I were president.

The situation in this region is very delicate and sometimes the best solution to a complex and delicate situation is a well aimed blow with a sledge hammer.

People worry about China, but the easiest out for China in this situation would be a massive American strike on North Korea, including nuclear artillery along the border to deal with a very large NK army based there.

I think the most dangerous thing would be a walk up to war because it would force Russia and China to adopt public positions on the matter.

North Korea can no longer be permitted to be a cat's paw for China in this region. To get the Chinese on side I would be willing to be very generous in negotiations with them over the South China Sea. Was that what President Trump and President Xi were talking about at Mar a Lago?

North Korea can not be permitted to be a nuclear ballistic missile player on the world's stage.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Why would they burn their own bird?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

South China sea isn't a protectorate of ours,all of THAT would be decided by ASIANS.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Not a chance. America will be involved in the disposition of that body of water, like it or lump it.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh WE are the muscle now yes ,but to divvy up asia?
LIKE Africa?
NAW ,man ,not gonna happen this time TOO many eyes.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

It is going to happen. The United States has already stated clearly that the South China Sea is an international waterway. China has no legitimate claim to the area outside its territorial waters and manufacturing islands out in the ocean is not going to legitimize a Chinese "sea grab".

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That won't mitigate NEW boundaries at ALL, in fact its taking one down.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Do you know what "mitigate" means?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

YES.
Do YOU think we can tell asia HOW to parse it's oceans other than removing or occupying china's Island?
We won't make anything MUCH less painful ending our war with North Korea I CAN TELL you that.
girlsjustwannahaveguns.com...
edit on 30-4-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I don't mean to be personal but were you infiltrated into the West? (Just being humorous.)

I think it would be better if we simply agreed to disagree.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: spy66

Intel says it broke up on it's own.

Interesting, because that is not what Russia state.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Russia still thinks that detonating comet was actually an interception too.
Like the shut down of our ship .propaganda.
YOU know PROPAGANDA was aHELL of a lot easier to READ before CLINTONS orders kicked in I USE people in service that I know as well.
If WE knocked it out with an exotic THAT would be dumb to expose such an advanced weapon for a measly suoped up scud from the Norks.
I WANNA know WHEN the TRIANGLES will show up?

edit on 1-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: D8Tee

Not really, not ballistic ones.
en.wikipedia.org...

Complete , and may the good Lord forbid an exchange of these en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It might have to break up or it would go too far ...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just read above and I think cats need paws , and probably claws on those paws too . I think a cat would be unhappy losing a claw , more so it's paw . And that in trying to do so , you might annoy the cat . Surgical yada yada vets , the cat would still be unhappy .

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
And I'll put this in for an old friend , those who went to fight the Koreans in the 60s , earlier in life , "found out what what a f%%king war is about " to put it as he would . He didn't enjoy Sumatra either . And he was no complainer - a proper private who came back .

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
South Korea: Pyongyang’s Missile ‘Failure’ on Saturday Was Deliberate

www.atimes.com...

The most recent test saw the missile explode about two or three minutes after launch. According to South Korean military experts, the missile reached an altitude three times higher than "stabilizing height, which means the chances that any internal mechanical failure caused the explosion were very low," the Korea Times reported.

Explosion to test future EMP? Or as the article says, explosive detonator for nuke bomb.
edit on 1-5-2017 by dontneedaname because: clarification

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
South Korea: Pyongyang’s Missile ‘Failure’ on Saturday Was Deliberate

www.atimes.com...

The most recent test saw the missile explode about two or three minutes after launch. According to South Korean military experts, the missile reached an altitude three times higher than "stabilizing height, which means the chances that any internal mechanical failure caused the explosion were very low," the Korea Times reported.

Explosion to test future EMP? Or as the article says, explosive detonator for nuke bomb.

If this was a deliberate act, then who is responsible? NK? Russia? The United States?

It looks like this will eventually go nuclear. Lil' Kim wants to rumble.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

NatGeo: Electronic Armageddon....though read some other articles that dispute this dramatization.

Interesting NK part at about 9 minutes...they don't even need to launch an EMP outside of their own borders to make much of South Korea go dark, supposedly...

South would definitely be hurt more than North... or imagine an EMP over Japan....imagine EMP taking out 3rd and 12th largest economies completely....and tech-heavy....

NK doesn't have any "reliable" capability to launch EMP against North America IMHO, unless from some barge/container ship. But, personally I think the odds of that are low. But who knows until it happens.

But Trump will prevent that!

Maybe it's all meant to be....but this ain't the right forum to discuss that....
edit on 1-5-2017 by dontneedaname because: added note on video

edit on 1-5-2017 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join