It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School student arrested for photo of himself with a firearm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior in a public place;

Facebook, I suppose, is a public place.
I wonder if they have no cyberbully laws as yet and used this one in lieu thereof.
edit on 4/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
if he had threatened someone wouldnt it say in the article he was arrested for threatening them? it doesnt though and says he was arrested for breach of peace caused by a photo of him with a gun. im up in the air on this and id like to see the photo and comments in question otherwise were just spinning our wheels speculating. as it stands from the report we can only go on breach of peace.

Indeed.
While some are trolling this as a political stunt, or worse, aligning me with fascism, the only thing to go by is the actual arresting complaint: breach of peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

(1) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior in a public place;

Facebook, I suppose, is a public place.
I wonder if they have no cyberbully laws as yet and used this one in lieu thereof.

Keep reading it says threatening.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Read what I quoted.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

if he had threatened someone wouldnt it say in the article he was arrested for threatening them? it doesnt though and says he was arrested for breach of peace caused by a photo of him with a gun. im up in the air on this and id like to see the photo and comments in question otherwise were just spinning our wheels speculating. as it stands from the report we can only go on breach of peace.

Indeed.
While some are trolling this as a political stunt, or worse, aligning me with fascism, the only thing to go by is the actual arresting complaint: breach of peace.

Some one posted the write up on that law, from that state, and it clearly states that it covers if you threatened some one.

This is most likely the lesser charge for threatening. Most likely they didn't want to stick the kid with a big charge, when they didn't think he was serious..

The headline of the article is click bait.
edit on 28-4-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Above some one posted the discription of "breach of the peace" And it includes threatening some one..

Since it's a kid they prob are not trying to throw the book at him... which is the opposite from what the headline is trying to portray.

ah i could see that and understand it. the problem i have is what is considered threatening these days. if someone has a picture of themselves wearing a kkk outfit would that be considered breach of peace aswell since certain people would deem that as a threat going on their past history? seems like its a slippery slope to go down especially with how soft everyone seems to be these days. we see it with kids wearing an american flag shirt at schools and being told its offensive to other students. could that be deemed a breach of peace. still id like to see the photo and any exchange the 2 had unfortunately being a minor i doubt we ever see anything.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Above some one posted the discription of "breach of the peace" And it includes threatening some one..

Since it's a kid they prob are not trying to throw the book at him... which is the opposite from what the headline is trying to portray.

ah i could see that and understand it. the problem i have is what is considered threatening these days. if someone has a picture of themselves wearing a kkk outfit would that be considered breach of peace aswell since certain people would deem that as a threat going on their past history? seems like its a slippery slope to go down especially with how soft everyone seems to be these days. we see it with kids wearing an american flag shirt at schools and being told its offensive to other students. could that be deemed a breach of peace. still id like to see the photo and any exchange the 2 had unfortunately being a minor i doubt we ever see anything.

Assuming he did it in an argument with some one , in an attempt to be threatening..

kinda yea...

Should he be convicted?? Well that should depend on how credible the threat was..
if it is just some idiot kid who 99.9% chance wouldn't hurt anyone. Then ya let the kid go.

But it would absolutely be worth checking out.. remember columbine???

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

I don't believe in mustache twirling villians..

Everyone is the hero of their own movie. So any story that requires multiple mustache twirling villians , both working in different places to have accidentally be given the opportunity to collude to do something ridiculous..

It is prob BS...

This would reqire both the school and police to BOTH be cool with arresting a kid for appearing in a picture, with a totally legal object..

Come on...

Would that happen in any police department/school you have personally been too?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The world is getting nuttier and nuttier. Perhaps he should bring this to the attention of Trump, who like Charlton Heston supports the right to bear arms. It's a photo.

crazy ...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

a reply to: TheScale

I don't believe in mustache twirling villians..

Everyone is the hero of their own movie. So any story that requires multiple mustache twirling villians , both working in different places to have accidentally be given the opportunity to collude to do something ridiculous..

It is prob BS...

This would reqire both the school and police to BOTH be cool with arresting a kid for appearing in a picture, with a totally legal object..

Come on...

Would that happen in any police department/school you have personally been too?

actually in my high school around 99' a student was hauled off by the police for having a gun rack in the cab of his pickup truck, no guns in it. so yeah it can happen. especially with how many schools have an officer on site every school day.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The student facing charges, allegedly took his photo with the gun and posted it on social media, in response to the other student.

That is why he is in trouble. He made a threat online and used the image to make the threat more real.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The student facing charges, allegedly took his photo with the gun and posted it on social media, in response to the other student.

That is why he is in trouble. He made a threat online and used the image to make the threat more real.

id also like to know what the other student said leading up to that point. was he threatening aswell. if so then he should also be arrested imo for the same charge. usually these things involve 2 idiots

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Ok, the kid probably posted the picture, then made some sort of threatening remark about using it. Here's my question : Why does the school have the right to suspend the kid? If he didn't do anything on school grounds, it's none of their business. This is overreach by a over zealous "zero tolerance" policy.

The school will take the heat for this because the school is the most likely place were the two will come into contact. Layers and stuff cutting possible loses.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
All through high school I was on the ROTC shooting team. I spent many hours at the schools indoor range shooting. Just like the rest of the team. We had many photos taken of us. Along with our instructor who was a active duty Army Sargent. The whole town of Shreveport LA had 11 high schools and each one had a ROTC shooting team with their own indoor range. It was normal back in the 68-70 to see kids with guns. We even had our personal rifles in our trucks at school. We just had to be sure the trucks and cars where locked. It was not unusual for some of us to go hunting directly after school. It just was not a big deal.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The Source states," Police are not releasing what the comment said at this time. The student facing charges, allegedly took his photo with the gun and posted it on social media, in response to the other student. Police are charging a 15-year-old student of Plainfield High School with Breach of Peace, after it was revealed he had a picture of himself with a firearm. "

Could you please place a link where you found out that the comment was, or is a threat.
The source that I found states that he was arrested for a Breach in Peace, AFTER IT WAS REVEALED HE HAD A PICTURE OF HIMSELF WITH A FIREARM (the caps do not represent yelling or disrespect, only emphasis).

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That doesn't "not count" after the 3:00 bell rings.

Really? I have some bad news for you. The Liberals that have taken over our educational system believe that their control does not end when the "The 3:00 bell rings." They believe that they have 24-7 365 control. I know of students being suspended for things that they did legally during Summer vacation. My Nephew was suspended for smoking a cigarette in his yard on a Saturday. He was 18 and legally able to smoke. A nearby school district suspended several students for drinking beer on a church trip to Germany. They were with their parents and were of legal age to drink in Germany.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

That doesn't "not count" after the 3:00 bell rings.

Really? I have some bad news for you. The Liberals that have taken over our educational system believe that their control does not end when the "The 3:00 bell rings." They believe that they have 24-7 365 control. I know of students being suspended for things that they did legally during Summer vacation. My Nephew was suspended for smoking a cigarette in his yard on a Saturday. He was 18 and legally able to smoke. A nearby school district suspended several students for drinking beer on a church trip to Germany. They were with their parents and were of legal age to drink in Germany.

Additionally, the Libtards are OK with a child bringing a device that looks like a bomb in school, as long as that child is a muslim.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join