It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School student arrested for photo of himself with a firearm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Social media continues to be a challenge. Students continue to share inappropriate messages acting on theperceptionof distance and neutrality of a video phone system. Schools must take action on such social media and students and others must be held accountable. In this recent matter the school and the police followed our protocol to ensure the safety of all. The matter was addressed appropriately and demonstrates the importance of partnership and cooperation between schools and town agencies. “

This is where both the school and the police epically FAILED.

Which means that kid was charged over nothing more than someone feelings got hurt.

Which is a gross abuse of power.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
There's a difference between being in a picture with a gun and taking a picture of yourself holding a gun to post on social media as a direct threat to another student.

Obviously...

This isn't an accident..

yet another actually fake headline to go with a normal everyday incident.. trying to propaganda people into thinking "they are comming to get your guns!!"

Like there is even a LE body who would do it...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Social media continues to be a challenge. Students continue to share inappropriate messages acting on theperceptionof distance and neutrality of a video phone system. Schools must take action on such social media and students and others must be held accountable. In this recent matter the school and the police followed our protocol to ensure the safety of all. The matter was addressed appropriately and demonstrates the importance of partnership and cooperation between schools and town agencies. “

This is where both the school and the police epically FAILED.

Which means that kid was charged over nothing more than someone feelings got hurt.

Which is a gross abuse of power.

No I'm pretty sure they are saying that he threatened someone, and then.posted a pic with him holding a fire arm to elude he had the ability to back up the threat..

That said 99% chance the kid was bluffing..and of course the kid doesn't deserve to face life long consequences.. but you absolutely get the cops involved..

I would if it was my kid..

As I said, 99% chance the kid is talking nonsense, but do you wanna be wrong with your child on the line??

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No.

I am pretty sure they used that word PERCEPTION.

That has no basis in FACT or reality.

It's based on nothing more than feelings.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Relax. Obama can't get your guns anymore.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Don't be so sure.

He's building his war chest ,and interjecting himself in to politics.

When he should have had the class of the last guy and just fade away in to obscurity.,

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Don't be so sure.

When he should have had the class of the last guy and just fade away in to obscurity.,

*cough* Paranoid *cough*

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Relax. Obama can't get your guns anymore.

That's because I was so clingy with them.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: Violater1

It would be nice if they revealed what was said in the comment. Since they aren't showing it, maybe it was BS that shouldn't have gotten him in trouble. I dunno.

I agree that they should be able to show what was said since the news put it out there and the story, as it stands, leaves a bit to the imagination / interpretation of the readers.

One thought though, since he was arrested, is it correct to assume that if the charges stick, he will then have to forfeit his gun or gun privileges?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Gunsmoke

So, let's see...

We have a story that tells us police are charging a 15-year-old student of Plainfield High School in Plainfield, Connecticut, with Breach of Peace, after it was revealed he had a picture of himself with a firearm.

So he was arrested simply for having a picture of himself with a firearm? Outrageous! How is that illegal?

Oh wait, you mean there's more? Why yes, yes there is. Unfortunately, additional and extremely crucial facts necessary to gaining even a rudimentary understanding of the truth of this tale are shrouded in mystery.

The school administration found out about the picture, after the student had a tiff with another student. Police say that second student also had a picture of himself posing with a gun. The student facing charges, allegedly took his photo with the gun and posted it on social media, in response to the other student.

According to police, the 15-year-old also posted a comment on the other student’s photo, which prompted the Breach of Peace charge. Police are not releasing what the comment said at this time.

Okay, so we can't see the picture and we don't know what the student said. Did he say "hey, look at my nice gun" or did he say "HEY, I AM GOING TO KILL YOU"? That has not been revealed.

Without knowing that, can we make any sort of reasonable judgment about the action police took? No, no we can not.

But it's never too early to jump to conclusions.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I am all for the 2nd amendment and would be outrage if he was suspended over just a picture, but it seems it was a threat, coupled with the picture. Always have to get both sides of the story.

Yes, that's why I said," It sounded like the charge comes from what was written/said in the comment. But still, being arrested for being in a photo with a firearm. "

Ok, but you do realize that if the charge was because he made an overt and public threat against another student, then he could not possibly have been arrested for simply taking a photo of himself with a gun...right?? You appear to be admitting that the charge was for something else, but choosing to dismiss that, insisting that because the title said it was due to him taking a harmless photo instead, that the actual reason is not the correct one. Is that what you are trying to say? F*ck the facts, because hyperbole is more important than the truth?

Ask the parents of all the children who were ever killed by another student with ANY weapon...and the parents of their killers while you're at it...how much they wish someone, anyone would have done whatever they could have to keep that from happening...up to and including locking them up. I would bet real money they would all say yes.

The student here made a threat against another student, on a post in which he was wielding a gun. That is not OK. It should be a serious wakeup call to the parents of that kid...as well as the parents of every other kid who posted comments. I can say, unequivocally as a parent, that I would rather see my kid arrested and have the chance to help him...to find the underlying issue that caused him to threaten another student, than see him in prison later on for deciding to make good on his threat.

ETA:

I lost someone very close to me years ago in a very similar type of scenario that unfolded without anyone knowing what was about to happen. If his life could have been saved by arresting his killer and the three other people who held his hands behind his back to keep him from escaping, I'd have done just about anything to convince the cops to take them to jail.

edit on 305711America/ChicagoFri, 28 Apr 2017 11:57:28 -050030am30117America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Don't be so sure.

*cough* Paranoid *cough*

And obama was definately gonna make it where he could run for a third term and bring shiria law to America!!!

Lol

Have conservatives ever gotten a conspiracy theory right??

Ever??

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I am all for the 2nd amendment and would be outrage if he was suspended over just a picture, but it seems it was a threat, coupled with the picture. Always have to get both sides of the story.

Yes, that's why I said," It sounded like the charge comes from what was written/said in the comment. But still, being arrested for being in a photo with a firearm. "

Ok, but you do realize that if the charge was because he made an overt and public threat against another student, then he could not possibly have been arrested for simply taking a photo of himself with a gun...right?? You appear to be admitting that the charge was for something else, but choosing to dismiss that, insisting that because the title said it was due to him taking a harmless photo instead, that the actual reason is not the correct one. Is that what you are trying to say? F*ck the facts, because hyperbole is more important than the truth?

Ask the parents of all the children who were ever killed by another student with ANY weapon...and the parents of their killers while you're at it...how much they wish someone, anyone would have done whatever they could have to keep that from happening...up to and including locking them up. I would bet real money they would all say yes.

The student here made a threat against another student, on a post in which he was wielding a gun. That is not OK. It should be a serious wakeup call to the parents of that kid...as well as the parents of every other kid who posted comments. I can say, unequivocally as a parent, that I would rather see my kid arrested and have the chance to help him...to find the underlying issue that caused him to threaten another student, than see him in prison later on for deciding to make good on his threat.

ETA:

I lost someone very close to me years ago in a very similar type of scenario that unfolded without anyone knowing what was about to happen. If his life could have been saved by arresting his killer and the three other people who held his hands behind his back to keep him from escaping, I'd have done just about anything to convince the cops to take them to jail.

Obviously it was....

How else would you get multiple people from BOTH the school and law enforcement on board???

This isn't a story where you could have one idiot principal doing something silly...
This would take school AND the local LE both decideing to attack some kid for no real reason, and your not gonna have that kind of collusion over a BS political position that we. Pulsar find 10 Americans total to agree with..

Have you ever personally met someone who wants to do any of the right wing conspiracies???

Weather it's legalize pedos, ban and confiscate guns, bring shiria law to America, exc, exc from a Fox News stand point , there are millions of leftists pushing for those things, yet no one has ever met one...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Breach Of The Peace

This seems to be the relevant statute:

2005 Connecticut Code - Sec. 53a-181. Breach of the peace in the second degree: Class B misdemeanor.

(a) A person is guilty of breach of the peace in the second degree when, with intent to cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, such person: (1) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior in a public place; or (2) assaults or strikes another; or (3) threatens to commit any crime against another person or such other person's property; or (4) publicly exhibits, distributes, posts up or advertises any offensive, indecent or abusive matter concerning any person; or (5) in a public place, uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture; or (6) creates a public and hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which such person is not licensed or privileged to do. For purposes of this section, "public place" means any area that is used or held out for use by the public whether owned or operated by public or private interests.

(b) Breach of the peace in the second degree is a class B misdemeanor.

I suspect the nature of the charge is an important clue.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

These are always BS stories... from either political bend...

When a story sounds just too damn ridiculous for any reasonable person to have reacted that way, it usually is..

A very similar one happened a while back, where a kid "was suspended and arrested for wearing a shirt with the image of a gun"

The real story was that the kid had acted like an idiot with the principle, then did the same and got physical with the onsite police officer. So he was suspended then arrested..

Then the dad went on social media and made up the whole gun shirt thing.

Do you personally know anyone who would suspend a kid for a picture surfacing of them with a gun...when guns are legal lol???

I don't...

Did you even read the link?
wtnh.com...

Yes I did.. not before posting it was BS.. that I called lol...

He threatened another stident then posted a picture of him with a gun, proving he had the ability to carry out said threat.

Well played propaganda by pretending this was over politics....Joseph Goebbles would be proud.

What exactly was the threat and what prompted it? Crap reporting, maybe because details are not forthcoming due to the students age.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Referring to the Trap Team picture ...

This one in Minnesota was almost banned from the yearbook ... because they had guns.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

These are always BS stories... from either political bend...

When a story sounds just too damn ridiculous for any reasonable person to have reacted that way, it usually is..

A very similar one happened a while back, where a kid "was suspended and arrested for wearing a shirt with the image of a gun"

The real story was that the kid had acted like an idiot with the principle, then did the same and got physical with the onsite police officer. So he was suspended then arrested..

Then the dad went on social media and made up the whole gun shirt thing.

Do you personally know anyone who would suspend a kid for a picture surfacing of them with a gun...when guns are legal lol???

I don't...

Did you even read the link?
wtnh.com...

Yes I did.. not before posting it was BS.. that I called lol...

He threatened another stident then posted a picture of him with a gun, proving he had the ability to carry out said threat.

Well played propaganda by pretending this was over politics....Joseph Goebbles would be proud.

What exactly was the threat and what prompted it? Crap reporting, maybe because details are not forthcoming due to the students age.

There is a good chance they cannot release the material since it is concerning minors.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'd like to know what comment he posted to the other kid along with the photo of himself with a firearm before judging this. It sounds like there may have been a threat, an actual, honest to goodness threat. Let's be rational here, if you tell someone "I'm going to put a bullet in your head" and send them a photo of yourself holding a piece, you're going to jail for making threats and that photo is little more than damning evidence.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
if he had threatened someone wouldnt it say in the article he was arrested for threatening them? it doesnt though and says he was arrested for breach of peace caused by a photo of him with a gun. im up in the air on this and id like to see the photo and comments in question otherwise were just spinning our wheels speculating. as it stands from the report we can only go on breach of peace.
edit on 28-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
if he had threatened someone wouldnt it say in the article he was arrested for threatening them? it doesnt though and says he was arrested for breach of peace caused by a photo of him with a gun. im up in the air on this and id like to see the photo and comments in question otherwise were just spinning our wheels speculating. as it stands from the report we can only go on breach of peace.

Above some one posted the discription of "breach of the peace" And it includes threatening some one..

Since it's a kid they prob are not trying to throw the book at him... which is the opposite from what the headline is trying to portray.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join