It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School student arrested for photo of himself with a firearm

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
According to News 8,,” Police are charging a 15-year-old student of Plainfield High School with Breach of Peace, after it was revealed he had a picture of himself with a firearm.” wtnh.com...
School administration found out about the photo, after the student had an argument with another student. Police say that second student also had a picture of himself posing with a gun. Police are not releasing what the comment said at this time. The student facing charges, allegedly took his photo with the gun and posted it on social media, in response to the other student. Police are charging a 15-year-old student of Plainfield High School with Breach of Peace, after it was revealed he had a picture of himself with a firearm.
It sounded like the charge comes from what was written/said in the comment. But still, being arrested for being in a photo with a firearm.

Wow, I remember days like these in High School.

Somewhere near Coyote DOD range at Kirtland AFB.
edit on V402017Fridayam30America/ChicagoFri, 28 Apr 2017 08:40:43 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

These are always BS stories... from either political bend...

When a story sounds just too damn ridiculous for any reasonable person to have reacted that way, it usually is..

A very similar one happened a while back, where a kid "was suspended and arrested for wearing a shirt with the image of a gun"

The real story was that the kid had acted like an idiot with the principle, then did the same and got physical with the onsite police officer. So he was suspended then arrested..

Then the dad went on social media and made up the whole gun shirt thing.

Do you personally know anyone who would suspend a kid for a picture surfacing of them with a gun...when guns are legal lol???

I don't...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

so one kid posted a picture with a gun, so the other kid did the same in response? sound like prick waving.. mines bigger than yours! type shenanigans.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

"in response to the other student"

Allegedly. So it's a veiled threat. Who started the initial argument in which this veiled threat came up? How did it escalate so fast?

How serious is "breach of peace"?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

"According to police, the 15-year-old also posted a comment on the other student’s photo, which prompted the Breach of Peace charge"

Reading comprehension is hard

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

When a story sounds just too damn ridiculous for any reasonable person to have reacted that way, it usually is..

A very similar one happened a while back, where a kid "was suspended and arrested for wearing a shirt with the image of a gun"

The real story was that the kid had acted like an idiot with the principle, then did the same and got physical with the onsite police officer. So he was suspended then arrested..

Do you personally know anyone who would suspend a kid for a picture surfacing of them with a gun...when guns are legal lol???

I don't...

Did you even read the link?
wtnh.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

"According to police, the 15-year-old also posted a comment on the other student’s photo, which prompted the Breach of Peace charge"

Ok so he was actually penalized for threatening another student ??
edit on 28-4-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok, the kid probably posted the picture, then made some sort of threatening remark about using it. Here's my question : Why does the school have the right to suspend the kid? If he didn't do anything on school grounds, it's none of their business. This is overreach by a over zealous "zero tolerance" policy.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

"in response to the other student"

Allegedly. So it's a veiled threat. Who started the initial argument in which this veiled threat came up? How did it escalate so fast?

How serious is "breach of peace"?

Enough to get arrested.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

According to News 8,,” Police are charging a 15-year-old student of Plainfield High School with Breach of Peace, after it was revealed he had a picture of himself with a firearm.” wtnh.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Ok, the kid probably posted the picture, then made some sort of threatening remark about using it. Here's my question : Why does the school have the right to suspend the kid? If he didn't do anything on school grounds, it's none of their business. This is overreach by a over zealous "zero tolerance" policy.

Threatening another student..

That doesn't "not count" after the 3:00 bell rings.

Gotta love the propaganda factor.. pretending that it had something to do with politics.

Welcome to right wing world..

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I don't...

wtnh.com...

Yes I did.. not before posting it was BS.. that I called lol...

He threatened another stident then posted a picture of him with a gun, proving he had the ability to carry out said threat.

Well played propaganda by pretending this was over politics....Joseph Goebbles would be proud.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well to be fair, there are those who suggest Facebook should be held accountable for any/all live stream content sooo yeah.

Logical consistency and all, not too sure why these same people are (pretending) to be upset about this.

I worked with a dude whose Facebook picture was him holding two unregistered firearms and he was fired for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There's a difference between being in a picture with a gun and taking a picture of yourself holding a gun to post on social media as a direct threat to another student.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mmore the threat posturing the two students made towards each other on social media.

If they had been holding knives it would still be 'inapporiate', but because its (OMG!)firearms its main stream calamitous.

But hey, what are they supposed to think? The US military is pointing the biggest guns of all at all kinds of countries all around the world.

But oh no, the evil displayed by two students at home posing with firearms gives us the 'Politically Correct' perspective about that.

US pointing missiles at other countries, meh.

Two kids bearing (wheres the pIcs) private arms, The Humanity!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I don't...

wtnh.com...

Yes I did.. not before posting it was BS.. that I called lol...

He threatened another stident then posted a picture of him with a gun, proving he had the ability to carry out said threat.

Well played propaganda by pretending this was over politics....Joseph Goebbles would be proud.

What the heck are you trolling for?
Your the only one who mentioned politics and threw the Anti-Facist card.
Can't say I'm sorry for triggering your delusional ideations on everything is propaganda. Try being less mad.
By the way, it's student not "stident." If you had been a real student, you would have learned grammar back in sixth grade.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am all for the 2nd amendment and would be outrage if he was suspended over just a picture, but it seems it was a threat, coupled with the picture. Always have to get both sides of the story.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I am all for the 2nd amendment and would be outrage if he was suspended over just a picture, but it seems it was a threat, coupled with the picture. Always have to get both sides of the story.

Yes, that's why I said," It sounded like the charge comes from what was written/said in the comment. But still, being arrested for being in a photo with a firearm. "

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
We live in violent scary times. The reaction to things like this should be serious.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It would be nice if they revealed what was said in the comment. Since they aren't showing it, maybe it was BS that shouldn't have gotten him in trouble. I dunno.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join