It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturated fat: Cardiologists claim warnings that it clogs arteries are 'plain WRONG'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Who would have guessed that eating things out of cardboard boxes would be bad for us? Eat real food and get a little exercise and this help protect against coronary heart disease.

www.express.co.uk...
They said scare stories that diary products like butter and full-fat milk pose health risks were misleading as was an obsession with counting cholesterol.

Instead, the best way to protect against stress and stave off killer coronary heart disease was simply to eat “real food” and take a brisk daily walk.

Ut oh, Big stent (huge profits) maybe in hip deep in trouble. Clinical trials shows jamming a stent in a vein or artery did not reduce the risk of heart attack.

They also claimed clinical trials showed inserting a stent to widen narrowed arteries had failed to reduce the risk of heart attack or death.

Their controversial views have sparked a huge row and put them on a collision course with the British Heart Foundation.

The Mediterranean diet is considered an ideal diet to help reduce risk of heart problems, and drop the white rice, bread and pasta too. Again 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week is supposed to help beat coronary disease.

They said the ratio could be rapidly reduced with easy dietary changes, like replacing refined carbohydrates (white rice, bread and pasta) with healthy high-fat foods like nuts and olive oil. But the easiest way to beat coronary heart disease, which kills one in four people in the UK, is to take around 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day, three or more times a week.

edit on 25-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
What they wrong? Can't be... 9 out of 10 doctors agreed there was an overwhelming consensus...I can't believe it....

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would be very careful with this. Sticky LDL fats are what caused me to have heart attack. I was dehydrated when it happened. Also, too much salt in my diet. And hung over from alcohol. Bad combo.
edit on 25-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Perhaps is another 20 years the politically correct Dr's will admit we are designed to eat fat and not grains?

Wonder how many people these Dr's have injured through their false info. I know that is what they were told in college, but I would think they would have seen differing info in the field.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I would like to see an unbiased study done. Political and personal beliefs get in the way, meat is almost bad.

There are studies that link high triglycerides to carbo intake, not fat intake.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
One way to reduce the levels of Sticky LDL fats is to go on a low or zero carb diet.

This causes the body to use up those Sticky LDL fats to provide energy for the body.

www.shape.com...

This will also help control type 2 diabetes because less carbs means less insulin needed and will lower A1C levels over time.
and it will cut weight gain from type 2 diabetes by stopping the body from saving excess sugar as fat.
edit on 25-4-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
"Saturated Fat Cardiologists". Love the title. Needed a laugh. Thanx!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

We have to get his info from some magazine, not our health care system and Dr.'s. The system is not set up to keep you healthy. Our system is designed to turn a profit, it is outdated, slow and expensive and wrong a lot.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah, it's our diets.
But it's not the fat in it.
Fat and cholesterol are good for us and for our brains.

Where we get into trouble is adding highly processed carbs into our diets.
That is what makes for sticky deposits .....suggest people read the Grain Brain.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My research has shown consistantly, looking at real evidence, that moderate consumption of saturated fat is good for you. Butter is better than oleo. Bacon grease to fry potatoes is better than hydrogenated vegetable shortening. But that doesn't mean you can eat all you want. Moderate consumption. Shortening made out of beef tallow is probably what I would recommend for baking pies or even butter.

Remember, Butter of a pasture raised milk cow fed organically with not too much grains is way better for us. So is lard made from a pig fed right and fed half way organically. Synthetic steroids have now been banned from use in dairy cows, that is a plus. But they can still boost the cows hormone levels using certain grains like soy. The hormones are then put into the milk fat by the cow. So more natural grassfed milk is better, but even that is dependent on what they are eating in the fields.

They lied to us, the research was purposely misinterpreted by those who profited by it. Actually real butter has some anticancer properties, oleo doesn't from what I have read. So real butter would probably be cancer neutral overall.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I would be very careful with this. Sticky LDL fats are what caused me to have heart attack. I was dehydrated when it happened. Also, too much salt in my diet. And hung over from alcohol. Bad combo.

You should have eaten more onion rings. Onions actually have chemistry that keep things from sticking together. it is the sulfur compound in them that takes off the charge that causes things to stick. Glue happens because of a difference in charge that causes things to stick together. Balance the charge and things flow better.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ive had a hard time believing just about anything when it comes to our diet. they flip flop so often its not even funny. cant remember how many times ive heard eggs are bad for you, now they are good for you, no were sorry they are bad, uh oh we have to backtrack that, they are now good for you. ill stick with what worked for thousands of years

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale
They were pretty bad about making false evidence years ago. The cereal companies and veggie oil companies spread a lot of crap about saturated fats being bad. Yes, too much is no good, but it is still better than eating vegetable oils. They still make up lots of crap and spread it around now, but we can actually research if it is true.

I don't think using a lot of olive oil is good for people either. It has a doping effect, I think that is why they are pushing it so much now as a healthy oil. Most oils and fats have a settling or doping effect. I think light olive oil is probably better than extra virgin. I would rather eat a couple of olives three times a week than use that extra virgin crap. Eight olives a week has more of the good stuff in it than using extra virgin olive oil every day, and it is cheaper.

edit on 25-4-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Just a quick note here. Years ago I read an article by Dr Adamo of 'Eat Right for your Blood Type' and it said about cholesterol "If you don't eat enough cholesterol your body will make up for it by making a worse cholesterol"

My son in law has had high cholesterol for many year. He started raising chickens and eating 2-3 eggs daily and his cholesterol went down. He told his doc at his checkup what he was doing and written on the prescription was to stop eating fatty foods" or something to that effect. The fact his cholesterol had lowered meant nothing.

BTW, the FDA no longer has a limit for cholesterol intake in their recommendations. But doc's aren't listening.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I don't skimp.
Fat is flavor.
So what if some scientists say it is bad for me.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
One way to reduce the levels of Sticky LDL fats is to go on a low or zero carb diet.

This causes the body to use up those Sticky LDL fats to provide energy for the body.

www.shape.com...

This will also help control type 2 diabetes because less carbs means less insulin needed and will lower A1C levels over time.
and it will cut weight gain from type 2 diabetes by stopping the body from saving excess sugar as fat.

Problem is this only works for certain (generally most) populations of genetics in people.
Native American's and most Eastern European, and Asian populations would probably result in some nasty long drawn out complications if you put them on a pure high protein / fat diet. They are more prone to what's known as thrifty genetics.

Most of these diets are based off people with northern / central European decedent, basically white people, where eating large amounts of protein and fat was a massive part of their ancestors diets. Just some food for thought.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Nope...

Cholesterol problems seem more and more likely to be due to glucose intake or insulin resistence, than anything to do with dietary fat (or cholesterol).

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

Nope...

Cholesterol problems seem more and more likely to be due to glucose intake or insulin resistence, than anything to do with dietary fat (or cholesterol).

id imagine a good bit is purely due to genetics aswell. in my case the people from my fathers side of the family tend to have zero cholesterol or blood pressure problems no matter the diet they eat. my father eats horribly and subsists mostly on fast food burgers covered in extra mayo and ice cream and has zero cholesterol or blood pressure issues which blows me away.
edit on 26-4-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: ANNED

www.shape.com...

Problem is this only works for certain (generally most) populations of genetics in people.
Native American's and most Eastern European, and Asian populations would probably result in some nasty long drawn out complications if you put them on a pure high protein / fat diet. They are more prone to what's known as thrifty genetics.

Most of these diets are based off people with northern / central European decedent, basically white people, where eating large amounts of protein and fat was a massive part of their ancestors diets. Just some food for thought.

Whilst ancestry is certainly important, the differences aren't as large as you might think.

"a pure high protein / fat diet" is what eskimos eat, it's what many tribal communities in Africa eat also, they are far from a European ancestry.

But, in all honesty "a pure high protein / fat diet" isn't exactly optimal anyway (although it is much better for your body than a high corn syrup diet).

Optimal is lots of VEGETABLES! Lots of MEAT and FISH. Nothing processed.

You don't need to avoid carbs to be healthy, but you do need to avoid the empty carbohydrate that you get from bread, pasta etc. because they don't contain any sustanence.

For comparison, 2 slices of bread has the same carb content as 2 cups of brocolli, but one of them is jam packed full of stuff your body needs, the other has very little of use, in fact contains things that leech nutrients from your body, are addictive and requires some real food added like butter or meat for it to be tasty enough to eat.

As far as ancestry goes, the types of veggies and meat you eat is important I strongly believe. I'm British, therefore it would make sense that I would get more from a high fish diet than if my ancestry was Russian, for example. But as far as macro nutrients go, carbs are much more potent than people realise and shouldn't make up much more than 10% of your calorific intake (calories are another discussion entirely, but useful for some measurements).

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If y'all put any value into evolution, remember, we came from hunters/gatherers. Our digestive systems are not made for eating processed grains, that occurred out of necessity.

The whole Paleo idea aligns with our evolutionary background. We can eat meat, because we are hunters. We can eat veggies too. But processing inedible grains into bread or pasta was just a means to feed the masses with what's around them. Most Chinese foods are based on starvation (who really wants to eat jellyfish, or chicken feet, or suck bone marrow), and their staple diet, at least the Szechuan diet, is very Paleo-ish. Rice, veggies, meats, seafood, fruit.

It seems minimal processing of naturally occurring, former living things is the way to go.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join