It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturated fat: Cardiologists claim warnings that it clogs arteries are 'plain WRONG'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Inflammation is the key to most (if not all disease). I am typing this with a wicked case of poison ivy that is enjoying my weakened state from the seasonal alleriges in the air. Anyway, inflammation is the issue.

The harder my body has to work to digest and process my food for nutrients, the more it inflames. And if all I eat is processed food, my body is working overtime to get the nutrients out of the food and send it where it is needed.

Add seasonal allergies, viruses, fungus, etc to the mix and it is a LOT for any body to handle.

And of course, food manufacturers have stopped using cultured or fermented ingredients due to cost and time "wasted" in processing. (example: commercial bread took 3 hours to rise and bake. Now it takes an hour since the yeast has been switched and the chemicals to hurry the rise have been added.)

If I may be blunt, many people do not want to cook. I cook for my family because I feel it is my duty to the family to make sure they have access to good, healthy food all the time. Meaning fruit desserts, eggs in many forms, good meat cooked with veg, homemade bread occasionally, etc. If they choose to ignore the food, they can go elsewhere for meals.

I wish we could do a real science-based study where people eat well, get a 30 min walk outside every day, stop drinking soda, consume more water/coffee/tea/diluted fruit juice, and get a solid 8 hours of sleep per night. I believe internal inflammation would decrease and people would be healthier.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

I think you missed the point of my post.

And yes, genetics play a massive role in how we metabolize out food. Just like how its the major factor in heart disease, liver disease, cancer, etc.
People blame food way to much, it's not the food that makes us unhealthy per say it's how we over indugle, eat the wrong compositions, and how processed it has become.

The thrifty gene is real, and it is 90% the issue in a lot of communities around the world for obiesty.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nope...

Cholesterol problems seem more and more likely to be due to glucose intake or insulin resistence, than anything to do with dietary fat (or cholesterol).

Actually, a common chemistry, glutamate, is responsible for a lot of the high cholesterol and insulin resistance. Which then balloons into a whole lot of other problems. It doesn't have to be MSG to do this, constant consumption of bound and free glutamates or even too much glutamine can cause this. Here is an article that seems pretty accurate, I tried to find something simple just now to try to portray the message.

universityhealthnews.com...

Now, we do need some glutamates, but the crap seems to be in everything. Now it says it was originally subtracted from seaweed in that article. What else is made from seaweed and is highly processed? Carrageenan. Here is another link about this.

www.dramyyasko.com...

There are some foods that contain glutamates without aging, one is peas.

Here is another article worth reading. www.rlcure.com... At the bottom there is a little response from another professional who reviewed it. Most of what is said in this article is pretty right, but it does have a little possible misinterpretation of evidence in it. It does point out the connection between calcium and glutamate though, which is important as they are on opposite ends of the receptors opening and are essential for pumping in the cells. But too much of both can be actually worse.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Don't get me started on carageenan. It is in everything, including yogurt.

Years ago, it was an herbal weight loss aid. Then was banned because it was pulling nutrients from the gut.

Now, even in the "fancy" health food stores, carageenan foods are EVERYWHERE.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just did a study with a couple of scientist downstairs and they all agreed that we will all die sometime!

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: katfish

Years ago, it was an herbal weight loss aid. Then was banned because it was pulling nutrients from the gut.

Starting this year I think, Carrageenon will be pulled out of organic foods. Thanks to the action of Cornacopia and a few other concerned organizations. Carangeenon is put into milk products to reduce the allergic reaction to the milk, but that does not mean that we should still be consuming it if we are intollerant to milk. It just stops the reaction by poisoning the Macrophages. Carangeenon has strong fungicide action, it destroys the mitichondria of it, but also is bad for the Macrophages. It destroys the Macrophages in the gut from what I read, which stops the negative symptoms but then the bone marrow boosts production of Macrophages and initiates an inflammatory response in the body. so another words, if you do not keep eating the Yogurt, you will experience a heightened immune response. This means we get addicted to the chemistry. Now, stopping the reaction does not mean that it cures the problem, actually it makes it worse because the improperly digested proteins are leaking more and more into the blood stream caused by the action of the albumin in the milk increasing the opening of the tubules that bring the protein in contact with the blood. This can increase the inflammatory response throughout the body. A proteinase will take care of this, you can actually consume foods containing bromelaine to counteract this misfolded protein in the blood. Pineapple, onions, grapefruit, and beer have this in them. In beer, bromelaine or papain is used for clarifying at cold temperatures and it is active. There are other active proteinases in certain foods, bromelaine is actually a class of proteinases. Fresh pineapple or grapefruit will easily get rid of a milk headache and take down inflammation caused by the milk protein. Macrophages in the gut actually help us to get rid of this protein and warn us we are doing something wrong. Any protein that is not fully digested is considered a prion because it is not yet folded right. This can lead to some major problems, way more than a headache, the headache is just a warning. Also, albunim is also found in meat, just eating onions when you eat beef will help with this, put that onion on your burger.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I just did a study with a couple of scientist downstairs and they all agreed that we will all die sometime!

But, I do not want to suffer for years before I die, I would rather be healthy right up till the day I die and drop dead from a heart attack. I would hate to have to live in a nursing home for years and wear a diaper.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Do foods have to list Carrageenan?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

If I remember right, below two percent in milk products they don't have to and the max is five percent added to any food or beverage. Most companies do list it if it is in there.

Remember, that is by weight. Carrangeenan is a very light powder, an eight ounce cup weighs about an ounce to an ounce and a half. So, at five percent by weight, you can have a cup of powder disolved in twenty ounces of milk product, and that might bring liquid volume up to twenty three ounces. That would be at five percent. See, look at milk, if you take all the powder out of a quart of milk, how much powder do you actually have? About a cup of powdered milk makes a quart of milk.

Think about that for a minute, they are putting a lot of filler in that creamy chocolate milk, almost as much as there is milk solids..

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem
a reply to: seasonal
What they wrong? Can't be... 9 out of 10 doctors agreed there was an overwhelming consensus...I can't believe it....

Sorry man..but that's just wrong....it was more like 97 out of 100.

Your 9/10 is just not consensy enough.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Not blowing my own trumpet, but www.abovetopsecret.com...
Limbo

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thanks! Fascinating!
I have always believed that when the gut starts screaming, something is wrong and should be looked at, not covered up.

I make my own "counter top" yogurt, with whole milk and buttermilk to culture it. But I do eat some commercial yogurts once in a while to get different bacteria. I was drinking diluted applecider vinegar/maple syrup/grated ginger (called switchel by the old timers) for the probiotics in the vinegar and LOVED it. But with the poison ivy, my body is already on high alert so too many probiotic foods make me itchy.

Bromelians in onions, that is helpful.

PLease keep posting. I am learning so much.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's in pet food, too. It's such a pain having to search for cat food without any carageenan in it. The ones I do find my cat turns his nose up.

I have been trying to switch to raw food but it's slow going. He's 15 and hates change, sigh...

It's not just regular doctors who don't know shi $. It's vets, too...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

It's in pet food, too. It's such a pain having to search for cat food without any carageenan in it. The ones I do find my cat turns his nose up.

I have been trying to switch to raw food but it's slow going. He's 15 and hates change, sigh...

It's not just regular doctors who don't know shi $. It's vets, too...

We have three cats, the youngest is around thirteen I think and the oldest, which was an outside cat most of it's life till it's husband died, is over eighteen. She is finicky now, she can't eat much dry food anymore and we get whatever canned stuff she will eat. She will get the ticks bad now, so we give her grass fed organic hamburger a couple of days a week and the ticks go away. She then sleeps much better. It may be that there is not enough taurine in the canned food. Raw hamburger helps her a lot.

We had a problem with her stumbling all over, we were getting a lot of catfood with fish in it and upon researching it I found it was probably a manganese deficiency, the fish boosts the manganese needs. Also thiamine deficiency can occur from eating a lot of fish containing foods. They have more energy with the fish but it leads to deficiencies eventually.

So now I give her and the other cats a sprinkle of one of my B-right vitamins about three times a week mixed into their soft food treat in the morning and every day I put a little of my multimineral tablet into their soft food. No more attacks for the older cat, and the middle aged ones now seem to have more energy to get into trouble. Our youngest cat has had seizures but I found my chicken soup helps her epilepsy and I sprinkle a little epsom salts in her food occasionally. I also stick a little in the water. I understand epilepsy, I have it myself and I treat mine with diet. So I just have to give her some of the same stuff I use. She keeps chewing on plastic, I think the endocrine disruptors is why she does it, disrupting the endocrine is a way to treat epilepsy.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mercury could also be the reason your cat was reacting to the fish. I only give fish as an occasional treat.

You should try EaseSure from PetAlive for your Kitty's seizures. Mine gets facial twitches and it works well!

I know alot about cat nutrition but I'm still learning my way with my own. Like others said, I try to eat real food and I have a Greek salad for lunch every day. I just wish I could find a salad dressing without soybean oil that isn't too sweet.

As far as fat goes, I eat it but stick mainly to chicken dishes. I eat the skin, too. Everything in moderation.

I just bought a slow cooker and want to try making healthy soups and meat dinners in it. Any good cookbooks out there?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Mercury could also be the reason your cat was reacting to the fish. I only give fish as an occasional treat.

You should try EaseSure from PetAlive for your Kitty's seizures. Mine gets facial twitches and it works well!

I know alot about cat nutrition but I'm still learning my way with my own. Like others said, I try to eat real food and I have a Greek salad for lunch every day. I just wish I could find a salad dressing without soybean oil that isn't too sweet.

As far as fat goes, I eat it but stick mainly to chicken dishes. I eat the skin, too. Everything in moderation.

I just bought a slow cooker and want to try making healthy soups and meat dinners in it. Any good cookbooks out there?

I'm guessing you have type A blood.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

O-negative. I just read that soybean oil is bad for the body and want to eliminate it from my diet. But it seems to be in everything, too.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

O-negative. I just read that soybean oil is bad for the body and want to eliminate it from my diet. But it seems to be in everything, too.

I can't find anything good about Soybean anything. Of course, if you listen to Monsanto they will tell you it is good for you.

O bloodtypes can eat more beef than A and B blood types can. But all I have to do is eat some onion with it to keep the agglutination from being a problem. Garlic toast works too, or just a bowl of onion soup or onion rings with it.
edit on 1-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22184609]texasgirl[/po.

I had cats. I hear ya. I have picky dogs now.
I look for pet foods where it is low on the ingredient list. And I also feed plain cooked meat couple times a week. The dogs eat small amounts all day.

Carageenan is a gut filler and that is the only reason it is in those foods.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

WOW again! Garlic acts like bromelain as well? Thinking on it, I almost always cook .onions and garlic with my meat. As for soy, I would only use fermented soy like miso and soy sauce. Occasionally I have tofu.I wonder how the refining of the soy bean changes it? I ate crunchy baked soy beans as a kid and never reacted.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join