It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're not gonna believe this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hahaha, I would laugh so hard if I knew someone that bought these! So silly... Who wants to walk around looking like a tramp? XD

Meh, to each their own I guess and I echo other posters here and say if you can't beat em, join em!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not so unbelievable for various reasons. One is that pop culture fashion borrows and re borrows what it can use to try and make trends. Seems these days everything has been done to death or is already mainstream, why wouldn't they try to cash in on distressed clothes styles they haven't tried to sell before?

In this case there's probably a market for these-or so the designers hope-, similar to pre torn jeans. Also, consider who it is selling the jeans, it may appeal to that market that otherwise has cleanly office attire for most of the week and that has the extra money to spend for at the store.
edit on 25-4-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Same thing with the holes in the pants fad. Who remembers Paco Jeans? Same premise, just not as expensive. I think Paco Jeans were $40 or $50, which is ridiculous.... $425 for a pair of jeans that make you look like you rolled in #? That's just stupidity.
edit on 25-4-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Mike Rowe giggles as he makes millions pumping septic tanks and shoveling poop, and he says there's a war on work? He treats laborers as sideshow freaks.

What a drama queen. He's just angry he didn't think of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

My wife just said that she never thought I would be in style lol. Btw, I have 15 pairs of old well worn, dirty, some grease stained jeans for sale, 32-34 waist, 34-36 leg, $200us a pair lol. Some even have strategically placed wear holes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Cool. I have a fortune in my dresser drawer right now apparently.

You wanna look like you put in a hard days work, have I got the jeans for you!!! I'll even throw in the shirt to match and a pair of socks too. I'll even leave the stink in them too for no extra charge at all.
edit on 25-4-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The washing instructions listed under 'Details & Care' say "Wash in Cold Water / Line Dry"

I guess so you won't wash out the mud & grease stains, lol?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
People buy used underwear on the internet. Just saying ..

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm a farmer, so you can guess what my work clothes look like. (Yes, I butcher deer, wild Razorbacks, clean fish, and turtles, and am a part time treasure hunter. )

I'm loading up the truck and going to Beverly, Hills that is.....do a little flea marketing. ....sell a few things.....become a millionaire......

VF

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

They've had dirty jeans for years now.

*yawn*

I guess because this particular pair is over $400 everyone suddenly has taken notice and is up in arms.

People with a lot of money buy dumb things, and I thought folks here love/defend the wealthy elite? Who cares what the 1% buys?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Yeah, I still can't figure out what a "war on work" even means. Every technological advancement can be seen as a "war on work" because it can make some form of work irrelevant or less necessary.

Besides, doesn't he make endorsement videos for Ford trucks? Why's he endorsing vehicles instead of riding a bicycle? War on physical work! Then again, why ride a bike instead of letting horses work to pull his carriage? War on work! In fact, why have horses do the work for him when he could man up and walk or pull his own carriage? War on work!

(Ok, I admit those examples suck. But the point still stands. "War on work" is a ridiculous concept.)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

How embarrassing,I remember as a kid in the 50's and the 60's,we tried to keep Levi's looking new,even avoid washing them,now they are paying premium price to buy jeans that look like

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
.......or maybe you won't be surprised at all. I know I'm not. They now have a pair of jeans, for only $425, that make you look like you did a hard day's work....and you don't have to lift a finger. Well, other than to get your wallet out.
Seriously? Has it really come to that? That people are so afraid of actual work, I mean the get your hands dirty, sweaty, pounding, hammering, grub in the dirt, work, that they are willing to pay that?
Has the illusion of work become more important than the work itself?
Now, I know these are mostly for the well to do fashion plate, who wants to have that rugged look, but, how many kids are going to want them [ and bug the living crap outta their parents ] because they're the "in" thing and I Just Gotta Have'em or I won't Be Cool MOOOOM.
I can see one of mine asking ..[ well not really, they know better ] and me just throwing them a pair of Levi's and saying "Go change the oil in my truck, you'll be in fashion in a few minutes"

shop.nordstrom.com...

mikerowe.com...

This morning, for your consideration, I offer further proof that our country’s war on work continues to rage in all corners of polite society. Behold the latest assault from Nordstrom’s. The “Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans.” Finally – a pair of jeans that look like they have been worn by someone with a dirty job…made for people who don’t. And you can have your very own pair for just $425.00.

ETA - Oh and while you're at it, click on the Nordstrom's link, scroll down a bit and tell me, do you see anything that makes those other jeans worth $200 to $400?

LMAO...I just read this review on the Nordstrom site.

These jeans work so you don't have to...
These jeans are built Ford-tough for the hipster who is built Prius-weak. Look like you are a self-reliant, capable man rather than the sniveling lady boy you truly are. Two thumbs up for down-home authenticity.

Should this even get off the ground how long do you thing the illusion you seem to get so upset about, will actually last? Will you fall for it?

Sounds to me like an excuse to enagage in welfare (for indiviudals) based hate speech.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Good grief
How cosmically shallow and just plain retarded.If you are so epically pathetic to feel the need for this type of thing,just buy a regular jeans at a regular price,go outside+rub it on the soil a bit,then call your dog and play a bit of tug of war and there you have your workmen jeans.Yuppies
jesus how feeble.
edit on 26-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Money isn't an object to the super rich. To anyone that's actually buying these jeans, it's four dollars, just the hundred kind. Not expensive at all. I doubt anyone that pays 400 for ANY pair of jeans would go through the trouble of making custom knock-offs like others do. As others have said we've seen this before with the holes in the jeans.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
How'd a thunk that "rednecked working peasant" would become such a fashion statement ?

Those silly yuppy consumers... we've had the "dirty look" (au naturel too !) market cornered for centuries.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Back in my day, jeans were made out of pig iron.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Only an ass would by a pair of pants for 450.00 bucks. What an idiot.

I'm going to start a Jeans Co. and call it KISS MY ASS. And on every back pocket it's gonna say KMA.

And then when it's super 'popular' i'm gonna raise the price slowly from 40 bucks to 500.00

After that, I'll wait a few mths and then i'll have a going out of idiot sale and sell them off for 20 bucks a pair, and laugh at all the idiots who bought my Jeans for 450.00. I will Jean Shame Them lmfao!

IDIOTS!
edit on 26-4-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

Only an ass would by a pair of pants for 450.00 bucks. What an idiot.

I'm going to start a Jeans Co. and call it KISS MY ASS. And on every back pocket it's gonna say KMA.

And then when it's super 'popular' i'm gonna raise the price slowly from 40 bucks to 500.00

After that, I'll wait a few mths and then i'll have a going out of idiot sale and sell them off for 20 bucks a pair, and laugh at all the idiots who bought my Jeans for 450.00. I will Jean Shame Them lmfao!

IDIOTS!

Where's your business plan? I'll be your angel investor. I think I've got a nickle to spare around here somewhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: icanteven

Yeah, I still can't figure out what a "war on work" even means. Every technological advancement can be seen as a "war on work" because it can make some form of work irrelevant or less necessary.

Besides, doesn't he make endorsement videos for Ford trucks? Why's he endorsing vehicles instead of riding a bicycle? War on physical work! Then again, why ride a bike instead of letting horses work to pull his carriage? War on work! In fact, why have horses do the work for him when he could man up and walk or pull his own carriage? War on work!

(Ok, I admit those examples suck. But the point still stands. "War on work" is a ridiculous concept.)

Your post made me LOL. These darn computers. It's a war on typists! And those typists' evil typewriters. It's a war on typesetters!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join