It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're not gonna believe this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Someone could go to the thrift stores and make their own for about $5.00
a pair.Even better would be yard sales where you would spend about a buck
or two.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Eh... After the style where people would buy pre-ripped designer jeans, this doesn't surprise me. In any case, "A fool and his money are soon parted." No need to get outraged over these dumb jeans. Just don't buy a pair.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: jacygirl

I'm thinking we should all post what sizes we have available

I can cover 32 -32.
My son wears a 38 - 34, so we're good there too.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere!

My partner wears a 30-30, but I can alter my own 29-34's for him to wreck if supplies dwindle quickly.

I think butcherguy might need a separate line for wannabe hunters (deer blood, etc.).

We might be just in time to cash in before the man-buns realize they've been had.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You could also do a Dexter model, for the aspiring forensic technician/serial murderer. Nothing too flash, just a few drops of impact spatter in the hems, a little contact trace on the knee, just tiny little drops that you would only notice up close, for that unsettling moment when someone tying a shoelace gets eye level with your knees, and looks up at you slowly, wondering what your intentions are.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You could also do a Dexter model, for the aspiring forensic technician/serial murderer.

Oh hun, Augustus has already cornered that market!
I believe his come with chloroform stains and a roll of duct tape.

Please don't ask how I know this.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Oh! New idea! T shirts! Pre worn with sweat stains and if we can find somebody that chews, we can include a few "backer juice dribbles down the front for an extra $50!!
We'll be rich I tell ya!!!

lol
edit on 25-4-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Wasn't this already done?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Oh! New idea! T shirts! Pre worn with sweat stains and if we can find somebody that chews, we can include a few "backer juice dribbles down the front for an extra $50!!
We'll be rich I tell ya!!!

lol

Well I've been looking for a home-based business, so I'm already adding this to my LinkedIn account, hahaha!

Yes, most definitely. With all the reality shows like "Duck Dynasty" and the dudes who gather ginseng, etc...we should have a complete line for wannabe's of all kinds.

People have been impersonating bikers for years, we need to get going on this!
There's gold in them there hills! (sluice mud for the wannabe gold-diggers, we ARE gonna be rich!! possibilities are endless!)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

"War on Work"? Really?

As a side note, this is how supply and demand works. Instead of complaining about it, why not cash in by selling some "work worn" jeans of your own? I'm about to put on some raggedy jeans I use for yard work. One of the cuffs is torn completely off, the second is torn up, and the jeans have a few tears & holes in random places. Maybe I should try to sell them for a few hundred bucks?

That's what I'm talking about! since it's legal & people are willing to buy it in a free society, why not profit from it?
They've been selling ratty clothes at Abercrombie & Fitch and Old Navy and other clothing stores for a long time. Back in the 70s we bought brand new starchy dark Levis and wore them until they fell apart. They got stained and dirty and ripped and torn up just living and working in them.

My favorite 501s caused me grief when they finally died!! That was before Levis made women's jeans at all. Then Lee started making "mom jeans."

My best levis now have a hole in the left thigh, stains, tattered hems. I use them for yard work.

Have you heard they also are making jeans with Knee Windows now? Plastic panels sewn into the knee where a patch would go. Bizarro world. When was the last time anyone complimented your knees?

:/

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This was the fashion 10 or 15 years ago.

It's just fashion going around in circles like most things involving humans.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I shall refrain from asking.

As long as the psycho market is covered, its all good!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

LOL I can honestly say I've never heard of knee windows. I pretty much steer clear of pop culture and fashion, so I'm out of the loop on a lot of that stuff. I'm still wearing my baggy jeans or shorts (the ones that go way past the knee) and a long colored t-shirt or button down casual shirt.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Will Copenhagen do ? If so , I have you covered in t shirts . Some even have some Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace Bourbon spilled on them for good measure .

Not a big market in my jeans of choice . I wear Wrangler 13 MWZ . They dont wear out like cheaply made Levis , you just out grow them and move up in size . The only time I have ripped/tore Wranglers was stringing barbed wire fence .

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Hey DAVID64!

Well nothing surprises me anymore, but you've just given me a great idea for making money!

My hubby is a pipe-layer (road construction) working with gas & water main connections, etc. Every night he comes home, jeans covered in sewage/mud etc. so now I think I will post them on e-bay for $300 each (a bargain, eh?).
(Send me your mailing address and I'll make sure you get your cut of the profits!)

S&F
jacy

I think you'll do well
There are a lot of people out there with more money than brains

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Seems to me that it's rich people's insult on poor people who work hard and dirty.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Who needs conspiracy theories when you have reality, making you question EVERYTHING!

Honestly, I'm more inclined to believe we're in a simulation or some " neuron based MMORPG than a reality we shape.

From movies and TVshows being regurgitated to arse-o-nine political bickering and do nothing attitudes to these ever increasingly weird concepts of laziness merged with vanity.

It's enough to make you just go, W...T...F... Man.

There's certainly an agenda to fork the world up, chaos theory supercharged or some serious form of control on levels we'll not obtain unless we can ever see passed this crap.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Just proves idiots with too much money will buy "anything" if it is trendy or makes the news.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
as a kid we tight rolled or sometimes safety pinned our pants, we would buy jeans intentionally "stone" or "acid" washed, in high school we had big baggy pants literally 10 sizes too big, i am guilty of buying "pre ripped" jeans. they have been making intentionally stained or paint splattered jeans for years. oh well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

its just fashion and whoever came up with this idea is brilliant and will make a lot of $$ i'm just surprised fashion genius kanye didn't come up w it first, he will probably now come out with puke and excrement covered jeans and call it art.
edit on 25-4-2017 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not "deer blood" but "dear blood". See, instant seller.

For the psycho killer in us all who has everything... "dear blood" jeans! At just 500 a piece, you to can be Dexter in your shed.

But I have some 501s that I hand dyed. Then I got all lazy and larger so they no longer fit. I am just waiting for that right time to sell them. They are vintage 90s too. I have a pair in green, one in blue, and another bleached. I think I still have my torn jeans too! That is like, 100 dollars or something (too early for maths, need more coffee).

I wonder if Nordstrom will buy them from me or do I have get a distributor. Man, making money is so hard. I now need to buy some pre-worn khakis to complete my look as entrepreneur.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This morning, for your consideration, I offer further proof that our country’s war on work continues to rage in all corners of polite society. Behold the latest assault from Nordstrom’s. The “Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans.” Finally – a pair of jeans that look like they have been worn by someone with a dirty job…made for people who don’t. And you can have your very own pair for just $425.00.

All I need is a nice clean pair of levis and I'm good.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join