It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
Fascinating how it's only an issue of significance when men lie to get sex from women, but not so important or even relevant when women lie to get sex from men.

Wow, this conversation has really derailed from the opening post where we are now talking about "the issue is that EVERYONE lies" is being used as a defence of female perpetrated sexual harassment on male victims.

Remember everyone: the critical piece of information to take away from this whole discussion is that everyone lies, so don't focus on female-perpetrated sexual harassment toward males!

Fascinating how little you grasped from this discussion and how distorted what you did grasp was.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
Woah hold up a minute. Firstly, he's a married man. That alone shows how much respect he has for his own wife, and women in general. He's a pig.

Second accordingly to the article, its way more than just him asking her back to his hotel. He's been actively pursuing her, and she doesn't want him. I don't blame her, he's slime. I've had to deal with men like this and they disgust me.

This is clearly not what you people are making it out to be. This does seem like a clear cut case of harassment. It's a textbook case of an abusive man trying to victim blame and bully a woman who is standing up to him. This is not a part of some man-hating agenda. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

WOW, I wouldn't want you on a jury.

Hannity is GUILTY according to you, you completely ignore his rebuttal and believe her. Then you condemn him and hope he gets what's coming to him? For what exactly?

Why would that be?

Im confused she already admitted it wasn't sexual harassment. so with the story change hes obviously not guilty as she has changed her story.

Lesson here is dont judge something until you ave all the facts.
edit on 4/24/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Uberdoubter

White men are not automatically "privileged" so why should they feel some sort of guilt?

You can try your rape yelling technique for 1 mil and let me know how it goes.

Of course we are not privileged - but that is the narrative. That is the story permeating MSM. Just dig deeper. Smell the coffee.

The whole "I didn't really feel like it 4 months ago, so now I decide it was rape" techinique sure works wonders for women, but the figure of 1 million would of course only work in USA, where you probably could settle for $10 million if you didn't like the sound of your neighbours lawn mower.

lofl, ive never heard of this Narrative. Good thing I dont hang out with miserable white men who feel sorry for themselves.

Enjoy your ignorance. I hear it's equal to bliss.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
After reading this much of the thread, I am convinced that some posters would agree that Bill Clinton should have lost his job as POTUS for sexual harassment of an intern in the workplace.

But the same people that defend Bill Clinton would clearly take Hannity down for his whatever comment.. Not saying Hannity is innocent but we sure as hell got body fluids on one of Bill's interns while sitting in the freakin Oval Office.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: butcherguy
After reading this much of the thread, I am convinced that some posters would agree that Bill Clinton should have lost his job as POTUS for sexual harassment of an intern in the workplace.

Not even remotely the same thing. Monica Lewinski was a consenting and willing participant. The women Fox had to pay off for O'Reilly did not want the attention and wanted
It to cease. In O'Reilly's case, he apparently doesn't understand the meaning of "No".

She was a VERY young lady and Clinton has how many accusers who have physical evidence? IT is WORSE IMHO.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Fascinating how little you grasped from this discussion and how distorted what you did grasp was.

Yes, it is truly fascinating how you continue to deny you misrepresented my arguments on more than one occasion already, admitted you failed to ask for clarification to one of my earlier replies but stopped short of then apologising and pretended that was not your fault, even earlier claimed that the key issue for you on this topic was that the advances were unwelcome, then went on to claim that both men and women lie, so all the examples of men complaining are not really relevant, and now you would AGAIN voluntarily engage me in conversation after suggesting earlier (via a veiled threat) that I should stop speaking to you.

And I'm the one who has grasped so little from this discussion and I'm the one who despite grasping only little is the one who should be called out on it? I am aware that I have issues, but at least I know I am aware that I have issues.

(I am fully aware you can say my response now is hypocritical for somebody who said he has so little respect for people that refuse to reason, as I already claimed I consider you to be, so in replying I am going against that comment. Guess what? I don't care, because AT LEAST I still have credibility left to harm!)

edit on 24/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: HeathenJessie

You have that backwards.

The minimum standard for a man, regardless of what goes on around him, or any other factor, is to be a gentleman. A woman could walk past a gentleman, while she was totally unclothed in any way, and all a gentleman would make would be eye contact. No cat calls, no suggestive behaviour of any kind, no assumption, no expectation, just acceptance and a determination to carry on his day. That is the MINIMUM standard of gentlemanly comportment I would expect from myself, leave alone any other man. He might go one further, and inquire of the woman "Are you alright? Do you require the use of my jacket? Is there anyone you would like me to call? Would you like to call the police, so they can track down the person who stole your clothing?".

A gentleman certainly would not use the opportunity to gawp, drool, or even raise an eyebrow in appreciation. A gentleman is more powerful than the chemistry of which he is made, and cannot, no matter how brazen the attempt, be pulled off that pinnacle of good form. All men ought be gentlemen. None ought be animals. Some however, only have to be in the company of a reasonably attractive woman, not even one partially undressed, or dressed in provocative fashion, and without invite or reason to do so, will announce their temporary and pointless infatuation with the objectified female. Such slaves to chemistry ought be confined to their dwelling places for the safety of all!

Yes, gentlemen should ALWAYS act like they are. GOOD post TB. We used to be told, "don't let the little head control the big one". Simply put, I wouldn't dare ask a woman out at work. I have had a few make moves on me and females have said they 'go out with married men, it's ok". What did I do, NADA damn thing. It goes both ways and Men are targets if the women think they would make a good mate. DON"T do it....Still there is a headhunt for Conservative Talk show hosts and we all see it. Some admit it and some of you are happy they are in this mess whether true or not. Quite the double standards.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Hearsay is Not Even Worthy of Discussion . I am Sure Mr. Hannity has Many Enemies who would like nothing Better than to see him taken off the Air for STRICTLY Political Reasons . In that Regard , his Accusers should come forth Under Oath and Testify to the Truth of their Alligations , or be Countersued by Hannity's Lawyers for Unjustfied Slander . The Majority of the American Public are not as Unaware or Brain Dead as the " Haven't Got a Clue "Minority in this Country that pretty Much will Believe Anything they see in the Propaganda Media Outlets . End of Story......

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

You misrepresented yourself and have had plenty of opportunity to state your opinions clearly. I can't read your mind. If you are broad and vague, why on earth should I ask..."do you mean to be broad and vague?" I assume you endorse your own comments. I'll give you a chance or two to clarify. But it's not my job to mark every one of your comments in red each time and ask you if it's really what you meant to say.

Blame me if you want. But everyone knows that you have an account under which you are free to type in your own representative thoughts.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment
page: 6

don't-you-know, that the Sit-Com 'Big Bang Theory'

is exploring the modern male-female social interaction situation

the hyper detailed, sexless interactions between Sheldon and Amy are held up as the future pathway of verbal & tactile interaction which will outflank the sexual harassment stigma ....

RE: sex robots => www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think that show is totally a social engineering thing and the 'science" aspect a damn joke. I tried to watch it but it is Gilligan's Island goofy to me. I grew out of that quite a while back.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Justoneman

Hearsay is Not Even Worthy of Discussion . I am Sure Mr. Hannity has Many Enemies who would like nothing Better than to see him taken off the Air for STRICTLY Political Reasons . In that Regard , his Accusers should come forth Under Oath and Testify to the Truth of their Alligations , or be Countersued by Hannity's Lawyers for Unjustfied Slander . The Majority of the American Public are not as Unaware or Brain Dead as the " Haven't Got a Clue "Minority in this Country that pretty Much will Believe Anything they see in the Propaganda Media Outlets . End of Story......

Agreed and star. True Brit was making a good point about Gentlemen should be so....I find him disagreeing with my opinion normally.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

I would want to be rid of her as well. But here is the thing...if you fire her for complaining she has a retaliation lawsuit to file against the company in addition to the one for harassment.

All I said was "Powerball". It shouldn't matter that I was grabbing my crotch when I said it...

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yeah, you're spot on.

That power ball thing was nuts...maybe that's what she thought - she heard the word ball and it immediately conjred up an image of testicles. This, coupled with the word power led her to assume that you were suggesting she partake in a game involving powerfull testicles which is obviously code for office orgy.

I can see the logic, it took some astounding mental gymnastics on my part but since it's now on the internet it must be true.

Sue the Power-ball Lottery for their reckless choice in names and it's deleterious impact on your career path...estimate potential lost earnings from lost promotions in being labeled a sexual harasser somewhere in the ballpark of 50 Million.

Tell them you are open to settling at 10% of damages

I like the way you think.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I have just double checked through my post history with you in this thread. There is not a single example since you and I have interacted directly to each other where I at anytime misrepresented my own views, failed to endorse and own any of the comments I did make, and never a single occasion where I implied YOU needed to bookmark what you said at the time for a future reference point.

I'm not blaming you for anything except what I have directly accused you of doing in my previous replies, nothing more. I am aware of my interactions with you from looking at my post history. I do not claim to be 100% correct about every detail of every reply, but I stand firmly by my views about your involvement in this particular thread and do not back away from them now.

Therefore, I appreciate your offer to "give [me] a chance or two to clarify" my earlier statements so that they are more clear for you to understand, but I politely decline your offer. At this stage, the burden of getting clarity on something I said 3 pages ago NOW falls firmly on you. You had your chance, declined it out of principle and now want it back, without making any concession to justify me honouring your request.

Good day to you.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
Maybe you guys should read 1984 again and pay attention to the way relationships were addressed in that book and how things are playing out today.

Yea , sex was forbidden because the ruling class said so.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
After reading through all 17 pages of this thread I now have an answer to a question I didn't know existed!

"What would an episode of Seinfeld set in the universe of 1984 look like?"

What used to be regular human interaction between the sexes has become weaponized by certain lobby groups in conjunction with lawmakers. Anyone who isn't terrified by this either isn't paying attention or thinks they are immune, somehow.

What really bothers me, however, are just how many people are cheering this on, or worse still folding their hands and bowing their heads.

Meanwhile, in a quiet corner of the office there's a plain, dowdy woman and a geeky guy. They both feel completely invisible and would love for just one person to give them a compliment or flirt with them.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying
Meanwhile, in a quiet corner of the office there's a plain, dowdy woman and a geeky guy. They both feel completely invisible and would love for just one person to give them a compliment or flirt with them.

I couldn't agree more!

She was pretty dowdy, introvert - but her heart was burning with desire for someone to notice her, to want to protect her and make her feel special. It's hard, not being noticed...I mean, it must be hard not being noticed. I pitied her.

That's why she didn't have Rocky up on charges of sexual harrassment, had she wanted to she could have easily had him arrested. Perhaps not back then when the film was made, but certainly in the present day.

But there's always that strange, niggling feeling at the back of my mind...it's almost as if he chose her because he identified her vulnerability and used it to his advantage, perhaps some sort of metaphor - Rocky was a fighter, a tactical, brutish idiot of a man who is adept at singling out a persons weakness and exploiting it.A master predator at work, but still, he made her happy.
edit on 24-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yep, it is. Welcome to the future. Where women are allowed to micromanage your masculinity.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh wait a minute, I didn't know this was about Oreilly. That fool is a sexual creep though. LOL, my last post still stands though... not for Bill though.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying

Be willing to work hard to put everything that has been said within this thread into the appropriate context, think deeply about what conclusions could be drawn, and then reach the conclusion you just did makes you look like a fine visionary, good work!

If only we could get more people like you who are not only willing to put in the hard work required, but also demonstrate openly that they have just done so is worthy of admiration. Even if you do not agree with my arguments presented in this thread, you have earned my respect.

edit on 24/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join