It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on tarot cards please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Alright, so I bought a set of tarot cards but i dont know much about them. Ive used them a couple of times but when it comes down to it, I'm really only a layman in the subject. Anyone with experience have any advice? Thanks in advance, for any replies.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amsterdamn87

Stop playing with children toys is my advice.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I like playing pinnacle better than playing with Tarot cards.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Dealing with the occult can have unforeseen repercussions.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Dealing with the occult can have unforeseen repercussions.

Question answered. Thread can be closed upon this post.

I can vouch the truthfulness of this.

edit on 22-4-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The cards are merely tools. A collection of thoughts, feelings, and ideas given ascribed meaning by Practitioners and readers of the symbology. This is interpreted loosely by the reader against a vague question and there you have it.

Honestly, it's about as reliable as a horoscope. It is all belief.
edit on 23-4-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Google Biddy Tarot. Perfect site for beginners, I highly recommend it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Removed because the OP has zero manners and courtesy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, thanks for your " contribution and advice"

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Lmao, if you knew my story, that'd be the last thing you'd bring up.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I don't know. A few years ago I started with tarot, the few significant readings I've had were pretty accurate. Then, there was last weekend, I wouldn't of believed the reading if it wasn't for the blatant list of plans that eventually came to fruition, to the T. As long as I concentrate, I usually get a pretty accurate reading.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I don't get it?

Alright, so I bought a set of tarot cards but i dont know much about them. Ive used them a couple of times

A few years ago I started with tarot, the few significant readings I've had were pretty accurate. Then, there was last weekend, I wouldn't of believed the reading if it wasn't for the blatant list of plans that eventually came to fruition, to the T. As long as I concentrate, I usually get a pretty accurate reading.

You say in your opening post that you are new to Tarot and a novice, then you say you have used them for a few years? Which is it, dude? Do you know your ass from your elbow? If you have no affinity with them by now you should give up may be.

You are not even bothering to star people. Did you not see how much info I gave you.

What an obnoxious and badly misconstrued thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Have you tried any of the free online tutorials? I know when I began reading tarot, the tutorials actually provided me a lot more insight into the symbolism provided on the cards. I don't believe tarot cards are occultistic, more so an awesome resource tool that provides oneself or others to examine their situations from alternate perspective. More AHA rather than Ooh!

Free Tarot tutorial

Hope this is helpful.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87

Lmao, if you knew my story, that'd be the last thing you'd bring up.

Then don't be so cryptic. What's your story....or just an attention seeker.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I can vouch to the truth that you and Olaru don't know what you're talking about. All tarot does is help one understand possible futures and situational clarification of the past and present.

Question answered. Thread can be closed upon this post. I can vouch the truthfulness of this.

Who made you a moderator to demand a thread's closure?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Who made you a moderator to demand a thread's closure?

You have to be a mod to make a joke suggestion? Look up 'rhetoric' in the dictionary.

And things like tarot and pendulum divining open up doors.

If it opens a door to clarity and divination, why wouldn't it open doors to other things?

There are undesirable side-effects to everything.

edit on 23-4-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Alright let me clarify, a few years ago I boughta deck of cards for my ex. We did a few readings together but just to be clear, she was the one with the experience. So that's why I speak of a few years ago. I recently nust bought my own deck, hence the thread. And on another note, I made a thread asking for advice for something not necessarily on the top of my priorities, so if I take a while to reply or star a post and it upsets you than that's on you guy.
Btw I would have appreciated your advice and info you provided if it was still there, thanks for that

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I haven't checked out any tutorials yet, kinda just getting used to the spreads. Ill get to it eventually though lol

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sorry wasn't trying to be cryptic, nor am i an attention seeker ( da f*ck?), I won't go as far as to write my story but here's a bit that got me looking into the paranormal. I guess the biggest one is my constant deja vu, I wouldn't think too much of it if I wasn't told about how clairvoyancy runs in my family. Then there was this black wolf I'd see 3 days before someone i knew would die. When I was younger, i had an incident with a reflection in a mirror followed by an earthquake. Uhmm, there were many other countless experiences, those are just the ones that literally changed the way i saw the world. Again, sorry for being cryptic, definitely was not my intention.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join