It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on tarot cards please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Sorry you feel that way guy, I'm not one of those people stuck on my phone 24/7. If you have a problem with this thread feel free to invite yourself out.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
a reply to: CynConcepts

I haven't checked out any tutorials yet, kinda just getting used to the spreads. Ill get to it eventually though lol

Make your choices, but remember you have been warned. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I completely understand what you're warning about, I'm almost 30 and did a little dabbling when I was younger. I seriously know the repercussions, actually still dealing with one lmao, kinda used to it though lol

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Firstly you didn't sound like you were joking when you reckoned that there are unseen consequences with tarot, and again

And things like tarot and pendulum divining open up doors.

you now bring in pendulums, tarot doesn't open any doors so you are talking rubbish. I have comment on pendulums

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I had a beginner girl do my tarot reading in college and it was a horrible reading, it was all dark, each card turned over was bad, she felt bad but it wasnt her fault. She didnt even go into detail of the cards, just "oh no", "this isnt good"...The last card was good the only good one.

My life after that was horrible, swirling spiral downwards, deep depression, trying to find myself, but now Im totally better bc of it.

I would say her reading was spot on.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
you now bring in pendulums, tarot doesn't open any doors so you are talking rubbish. I have comment on pendulums

Actually NarcolepticBuddha is correct.

It works like this...
1) set up a link to a Tarot card reader in another country. In my case UK-USA.
2) it can by done via simple real-time online chat.
3) as soon as the 'asker' says 'do it', the Spirit of the Lord backs off as the person has willfully turned their back on Jesus Christ.
4) a demon steps in and already knows the 'asker'. Relays to the demon of the 'reader' who sends back all card positions (up side down).
5) so both demons know where all cards are.
6) 'reader' says 'tell me when to stop moving my hand as it glides over the cards'.
7) now the demon at the 'reader' end knows where all the face down cards are and 'suggests' to the 'asker', STOP.
8) the Tarot reader then flips the card and says what they see.
9) the 'asker' is in shock because their entire life history unfolds with a sequence of cards.
10) the demon then decides how long the 'asker' lives for, as it decides what 'future' card is flipped.
edit on 24-4-2017 by Tristran because: edit

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Don't take Tarot seriously. Superstition is a terrible thing, and you don't want it to rule your life. The readings can become a self-fulfilling prophecy if you let them. But if you just take it with a pinch of salt, like newspaper horoscopes, then it's harmless.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for. I had a bad attachment after Tarot because I didn't research it well enough. I don't do it anymore!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
Don't take Tarot seriously. Superstition is a terrible thing, and you don't want it to rule your life. The readings can become a self-fulfilling prophecy if you let them. But if you just take it with a pinch of salt, like newspaper horoscopes, then it's harmless.

people usually realize that their tarot reading was truth after it all happens the exact way the cards read.

Well, true for me and a few of my friends who did it.

Its not bad to believe there is a fabric or power out there that we do not know much of.

I dont reccommend to play with it, but its not superstitious.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Firstly you didn't sound like you were joking when you reckoned that there are unseen consequences with tarot, and again

And things like tarot and pendulum divining open up doors.

Joking about the mod cliche, yes.

Joking about the occult, no.

In my experience, bad things can happen. I am not here to convince you. Dive into the occult at your own risk.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien44

I had a bad attachment after Tarot because I didn't research it well enough. I don't do it anymore!

That's possibly due to some attachment from the reader or from a previous client being in that room - pick your reader well.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I would have to study and think this deeper to see if it is possible.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You will never convince me - each to their own path and life choices - all I'm saying is that people should feel that it's ok to learn tarot as a "learning about their life tool".

You do understand that the word occult encompass's many activities. I have enjoyed success at certain practices. I refuse to be involved in ouija boards

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I refuse to be involved in ouija boards

Why, pray tell!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Upon further study and reflection....i think you're misleading people with nothing to back this up. I suspect you're Christian and peddle the usual all "tarot is demonic" rubbish

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Because

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

i think you're misleading people with nothing to back this up. I suspect you're Christian and peddle the usual all "tarot is demonic" rubbish

Truth hurts. I did it so I know it works.

All a denialist has to do is get into contact with a reliable Tarot card reader in another country and do exactly the steps that I mentioned above.

Let them discern for themselves. But once they do, the demon that is with them becomes a permanent attachment to their soul.

Until they accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ that demon is going to mess up their life from that day onwards.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The only thing that hurts is the ignorance you're spreading to other people. I have had tarot readings done heaps of times - no spirits or demons attached to me.

I suspect you have the demon/false god demiurge called jehovah attached to you

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ROTFLMFAO @ these comments. Yes, yes, takes advice on tarot and occult matters from a Christian because they are experts in these fields, right? lol The supreme irony here is that the tarot and most Western Hermeticism and occult principles are derived from the Bible.

On to the topic...

I've been doing the tarot for years and have had nothing "demonic" or evil happen as a result. It's a tool to tap into our intuition. The images are ancient, borderline archetypal which connect and resonate with the reader on a deep level. Its focus (depending on the purpose of the reading and the spread) isn't even on predicting the future - the cards usually puts thing you already know into a workable context/puts your current situation in a new light so you can better understand what's going on and plan your next move. I've done readings for people who were clearly depressed about something and afterwards, they leave filled with hope and motivation to make things better. That's what any decent tarot reader should aspire to.

If you want to get good, do readings as much as possible. I have several books, but the one I seem to go back to the most is called "The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need". Ignore the ignorant haters - happy reading!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amsterdamn87
a reply to: CynConcepts

I haven't checked out any tutorials yet, kinda just getting used to the spreads. Ill get to it eventually though lol

what's the point to learn the spreads if you don't know what each card means by itself? it's like trying to swim without learning to hold your breath..

aeclectic tarot is a good place to learn more about the deck you own, and how to read it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join