It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly: Can anyone shed some light on this picture?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
a reply to: Hecate666

hm- to me it really doesnt look like it´s the reflective part of the stone- that would be the other side. i find the thing is just hanging there out of context to it´s surroundings.
i would rather go with digital artifact than that.

No, it looks EXACTLY like a blown out part. So much that I can't unsee it. It certainly isn't an artifact, as others have stated that it is visible at different angles.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Thanks for your input.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I would agree it looks like a marker.

link   
I would agree it looks like a marker.

link   
a reply to: Rob48
In your image I see three 'cards' next to each other? Not of the same brightness though. But seems to have roughly the same shape and both has something in the middle.

original image

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
I believe it's photoshopped. A simple copy and paste. Whom ever edited it forgot to change the orientation of the object in the second photo. The camera pans at least 10 degrees and the anomaly doesn't change at all. Looks exactly alike in both photos and it shouldn't.

I say fake.

It depends. If the rover actually moved between pictures, then yes the orientation should change.

However, if the camera simply rotated while the rover stood in place, the orientation of the object would not change.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have psychic powers. Somehow the moment I saw this thread, I knew with 100% certainty that it would be a picture of a rock.

I look at the picture, and it's a picture of a rock.

OP you're analysis is complete. What a wonderful rock.
edit on 4/21/17 by peskyhumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Another Mars anomaly and I apologise if this has been discussed previously but there are so many Mars topics on ATS and a Google search was a thankless task to go through. So here are a couple of pictures from the Mars JPL site.

1. You will see on a rock, at the far right and about halfway up, a white rectangle with some kind of shape on it, which is indistinguishable to me.
JPL Image One

2. Same area only with the camera swung more to the right, the anomaly has moved toward the left-hand side but is still on the same rock and in the same position, also with the shape still on it.
JPL Image Two

It just looks so strangely out of place and stands out like a sore thumb. At first I thought it was an image artifact but the second picture in the sequence appears to rule that out. It almost looks like a piece of card or a thin, flat object, devoid of features apart from the strange thing [hole?] in the middle of it.

Thanks for looking.
Any ideas, anyone?

I think your subject line explains what's happening -- there is light shed on the picture.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Rob48
In your image I see three 'cards' next to each other? Not of the same brightness though. But seems to have roughly the same shape and both has something in the middle.

original image

Now THAT is interesting! Is that an artifact from stiching multiple pics into one, or is that 3 of those those things lined up in a row? If it's the latter that makes this much more intriguing to me. It almost looks like some type of ornamentation or shielding or something.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

that make more sense than any thing, it's the cursor used in the program when you move a object from one location to another. i know that once in a while when i use paint.net,but that is a black square with a plus dign in it. the cursor for moving objects will stay the image if i save it with out clearing all the tools out. i don't know what program JPL uses but i would think that's the best answer yet.
edit on 21-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It is a Maple leaf. I layed claim to this land in the name of Canada years ago. Heres proof....

edit on 21/4/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Some type of paper currency? Looks kinda like a bill of some sort also.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
a reply to: fromtheskydown

MARS Anomaly: Can anyone shed some light on this picture?

I've never seen thissun before.

I can't say exactly what it is but it is... interesting.
Thanks for the images.

Definitely something very unusual. The albedo (surface color) is different from the surroundings. It doesn't look like sedimentary layers like the surrounding rocks. It does cast a shadow on the rock it is hanging from.

I would guess it looks like some kind of thermostat controller for an electric blanket.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

After looking at your avatar and then the pic, it made me see a propeller. Now I'm waiting for the rock to take off.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, to me the out of place item is not the card, but what appears to be water...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great find! Do you think that NASA's first mission sending humans to Mars, will target areas where there are "anomalies", or stay as far away from these areas as possible?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydownThat's a 'no trespassing' sign...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I see faces in the dark to the right..

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

lol...

i'm looking at the pics thinking what stupid faces,
then the bottom one leaps out in the second last
pic. almost fell over in my chair.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
that rectangular 'card', stuck on the side of a rock, might just be a security passage-card used to access some secure areas within the black-ops Mars Colony Compound, that's been there for over a decade or so....

the question is just why would a Mars-Colony member get stripped of a Mars-Environment-Suit to have his security pass-card just thrown to the side... was there a murder among the Staff ? or was there a surprise attack on the individual by a Mars Creature ?

the Leaks will be slow in bringing the gruesome incident to light...
the card might have been 'overlooked' or else deliberately left as a 'Shrine' in rememberance of the slain Mars-Colonist
edit on st30149281270421112017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join