It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly: Can anyone shed some light on this picture?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The sign probably reads "DANGER Nuclear Test Site - State of Nevada" or something.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Blown out highlights that just happens to take the shape of a rectangle? There are more of those in the picture (bright whites), probably different types of material within the rock that gives of a bright reflection.

Here is a crop with the highlight slider put at min and shadows at max. It reveals a little more detail

edit on 20-4-2017 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Looks like it was a game of darts and they missed the bullseye maple leaf.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

someone did, you can tell that is not part of the of the rock, nor real picture. just look at the shadows in the ridges of the rock at the top and bottom of the white thing, it goes on behind it. if it was part of the rock or the real photo it wouldn't look like that.

and it looks like they didn't merge it down and flatten it when they imposed it on the rock.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Very interesting. I'm not familiar with photo shop or JPL photos at all. What in the world would they be thinking to do this and how does anyone prove that JPL is photo shopping the pictures?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Is this a real NASA Pic? I found a link to the similar pic from the Official NASA site, but I don't see the white "Tag" anywhere.

NASA LINK
The image is on the top left side.

In fact can anyone show me to where these photos came from? I came from this site:
Mars planet facts

Which is where these photos seem to come from, but I can't find it. So any one know ?
edit on 20-4-2017 by Guyfriday because: Blah Blah Blah

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

Blown out highlights that just happens to take the shape of a rectangle? There are more of those in the picture (bright whites), probably different types of material within the rock that gives of a bright reflection.

Here is a crop with the highlight slider put at min and shadows at max. It reveals a little more detail

N O spells no. All of those featured rocks have the same sedimentary lateral layering, your best hope is that a shaft of 'shale' from the top fell off and got caught in some way before it got to the ground, and that the mark was caused by a micrometeorite that dislodged it in the first place...and that the rectangle shape fall off is quite plausible in that circumstance. Alternatively, it's Nevada, and a piece of birdshiite caused the same effect. Otherwise it's a bit of the white helmets fake movies prop.
edit on 20-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Original images here.

edit on 20-4-2017 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Dude who sets up these models cut his chin shaving that morning and thought it would be cute to put his bloody tissue on the rock formation that looks like a chin. He forgot to take it off for the picture.

Maybe

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

The sign probably reads "DANGER Nuclear Test Site - State of Nevada" or something.

id guess it reads "welcome to Devon Island , Canada. Home of the mars rover."

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Without something rational to explain this away yet, my first thoughts were exactly this (emphasis mine)...

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Without having read the thread, I found this in the same image, could we be looking at some weird-assed movie set or is this an image artifact and if so does it shed any light on the surveyors reflector on the rock?.........

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

What fun!
The Ace of Clubs!

Great Thread!

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Um which pic? I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing the pictures, but just not the exact ones that are in the OP.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Bizarley my first thought was a playing card

Maybe Martians are Motorhead Fans - Ace of spades?

I can see the resemblance.

But honestly wanted to say you deserve more than the 1 star I can give you for making a Lemmy/Motörhead reference!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Ace of Hearts.

Edit: No, Spades. You guys are right.

edit on 21-4-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

What fun!
The Ace of Clubs!

Great Thread!

S&F

I may have been mistaken. Clubs.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It looks like the tide is coming in on the first picture. I definitely see a wave top right...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I know people are down on them. But they present what their sent and leave for the viewer to decide. I have no problem with that. Most of what he posts is not immediately identifiable as hoaxes to me. At least he's not as bad as Third Phase, that guy's a clown.

Anyway, despite his reputation, the video includes some analysis of the photo's in the OP so I thought they may be of interest.

LOL what BS even when he knows it's a hoax he still makes out it could be something real.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I'd say its a wite rectangle on the camera lens

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join