It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly: Can anyone shed some light on this picture?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

It's more likely that it's a marker from a stranded astronaut to let rescuers know which way he was headed. Too bad we can't zoom in closer.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's an alien cocoon and attaches to the nearest moving host.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Rob48
In your image I see three 'cards' next to each other? Not of the same brightness though. But seems to have roughly the same shape and both has something in the middle.

original image

Yes, in fact Rob48's initial picture throws up the other two 'twins' nicely, as well as showing the mark of the lateral rock layer going across the subject image as if it were indeed a brighter part of the same rock or, something like a delicate fabric blown up against the rock while showing up the contours of the rock behind it. The trouble with the latter is that the shape is less than roughly the same as the other two, just much brighter, never mind the lack of availability of a tissue or hanky or similar fabric. So there is something else going on there, maybe some persistent run off of material combining with some sort of moisture creating uniform beardy shapes over a long time. The holes or indents in the middle would not be strange, there are loads of examples of round holes in rock or rock like aggregate material on Mars, probably wind driven erosion. Still, it would be nice to hear JPL give some explanation.
edit on 21-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish we could have a Mars Rover here in some of the Nevada deserts, taking random photographs. Then we could test the man-made vs. natural theory between every anomaly found.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
too bad they did not get a close up on that spot something does look out of place there but you can really make it out.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Yes and this picture pretty much rules out the possibility of it being a blown out highlight as to what I thought before.
The 'holes' we see could be part of the rock layer or a shadow cast of the rock layer as they seems to follow the ridge of the layer.

The reason why we see separate (shadow)points/holes, because in between, the rock layer has been broken off and doesn't cast a shadow on those places?(if you get my point)
Still it doesn't explain anything about the shape of the actual object or why one is more bright than the other.

Did you take a look at Rob48 second image he posted?
I believe the object is in the upper right corner.
This image makes it even more peculiar considering the distance and brightness( if it's the same object of course).

edit on 21-4-2017 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: smurfy
Yes and this picture pretty much rules out the possibility of it being a blown out highlight as to what I thought before.
The 'holes' we see could be part of the rock layer or a shadow cast of the rock layer as they seems to follow the ridge of the layer.

The reason why we see separate (shadow)points/holes, because in between, the rock layer has been broken off and doesn't cast a shadow on those places?(if you get my point)
Still it doesn't explain anything about the shape of the actual object or why one is more bright than the other.

Did you take a look at Rob48 second image he posted?
I believe the object is in the upper right corner.
This image makes it even more peculiar considering the distance and brightness( if it's the same object of course).

Hmmm, in that closeup image above, look at the partially buried piece of rock just below that. It almost appears as if there's another one of those darker grey rectangular bits attached to it as well. It's just not as defined, but you can make out a straight edge on the left side and there is a small dark 'indentation(?)' or marking there as well.
edit on 4/21/2017 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Corey goodes i.d.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

I am looking at the erosion/shape of the rock and can see how the maple leaf shape could be part of the rock. What the white is, is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

The Martians were playing poker, and one dropped the ace he had up his sleeve?? At a glance, that's what it looks like to me!! Very odd, nice find!!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Alien prank. But we have to then ask ourselves, what does the ace of clubs mean or signify..

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Great post OP. No idea what this is other than image artifact which honestly doesn't make sense to me as to why it would be. What also doesn't make sense is the anomaly is so blatantly obvious why would NASA release this photo if for no other reason than to cause controversy?

edit on 22-4-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
That's cool.

In our house were are having the ATS geek version of "it's a blue and gold dress, no it's a white and black dress" over a Mars rock

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Secure Team 10 are a bunch of hoaxers.

We actually hoax their content as soon as we see it.

~Tenth

Who are "WE"

I think your just repeating what the debunkers started to try and discredit Secureteam10.

If you stop to think for one minute about your claim to them being Hoaxers then you might want to retract that slur .

I would agree, they/he, has interpreted various photo's and video's with a conspiratorial slant, but that does not warrant being accused of Hoaxing .

What you fail to understand about whats being shown by Secureteam10 is that the information vis-a-vis the videos, and photos, are predominately sent to him by the general public , therefore they are the property of the person who sent them in, and that means they can not be altered in any way unless given permission to do so.

Of course they may have already been subject to CGi or any other enhancement , but at the end of the day the interpretation or spin that's put on them is always going to be subjective and biased from the presenter.

So yea maybe Secureteam10 have overdone their interpretation of the material that's sent into them, but calling them Hoaxers is unfair, and just wrong.

If your able to sort the chaff out from the wheat then i would suggest Secureteam10 is well worth keeping an eye on as that site receives genuine UFO anomalous videos from the public .

And i repeat, they are FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC, therefore not altered by Secureteam10

Im reminded of that old saying, beware of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
And question just WHO is slinging the Mud.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I'd say its a wite rectangle on the camera lens

It can't be, otherwise it would be in the same place on the lens but a different place in the landscape on the second shot...which rules that one out.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
Another Mars anomaly and I apologise if this has been discussed previously but there are so many Mars topics on ATS and a Google search was a thankless task to go through. So here are a couple of pictures from the Mars JPL site.

1. You will see on a rock, at the far right and about halfway up, a white rectangle with some kind of shape on it, which is indistinguishable to me.
JPL Image One

2. Same area only with the camera swung more to the right, the anomaly has moved toward the left-hand side but is still on the same rock and in the same position, also with the shape still on it.
JPL Image Two

It just looks so strangely out of place and stands out like a sore thumb. At first I thought it was an image artifact but the second picture in the sequence appears to rule that out. It almost looks like a piece of card or a thin, flat object, devoid of features apart from the strange thing [hole?] in the middle of it.

Thanks for looking.
Any ideas, anyone?

I just signed up to ask this, as no one else in the thread appears to of noticed it

But in the 2nd pic, directly bottom centre, slightly to the right, there is another white sign atop a small structure with two funnels of some sort connected to it?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Nice find! It does appear to be a marker of some type.

More interesting. I can see no tracks from the Rover anywhere around the anomaly.

S&F

Des

Yup its a marker. I placed it there for humanity to find on the internet. Next stop, Jupiter.
edit on 22-4-2017 by Jungian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
It has been added to the image as it does not appear to be in perspective... Is it a central marker for the camera taking the images, akin to the Panorama type images you take on your mobile phone.

That to me seems logical... It isn't on the actual rock.

Then why is it not on the other images on the JPL site?

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
Those images were from Sol 1669. Two days later it is still there and the rover had got closer. I am looking for more

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

That pic eliminates the ocean theory as it is not a wave crashing. It did have the feel to it in the 1st pic we looked at of this site.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
Another one from Sol 1672, more distant though as the rover has gone past it.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And if any here haven't done this by now, we can unequivocally rule out that 'sign' being an artifact of the lens.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join