It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly: Can anyone shed some light on this picture?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Secure Team 10 are a bunch of hoaxers.

We actually hoax their content as soon as we see it.

~Tenth

So why is this thread not in the hoax bin then??????

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

this one link

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

OK thanks, so has anyone e-mailed NASA about this yet? Now that I can see the original picture, I'll ask around.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hmm... there have been some really unexpected, hard to explain pics from Mars...

this is one of those pics... good thread and find.

It DOES look like a surveyor's plate bolted onto a rock.

But for more in-the-box answers, maybe it was a large, minutes- long cosmic ray strike that kept hitting that one rock... in a square field... with no rays in the middle, like a square cosmic ray donut?

Or a protruding , square, reflecting rock face from a sedimentary layer that somehow ran perpendicularly to the other layers???

Or does the rover have a way to pin notes to rocks?
edit on 4/21/2017 by Baddogma because: 4/20 made communication convoluted

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Space STD's are running rampant, the object that you point out is a condom dispenser.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

1. You will see on a rock, at the far right and about halfway up, a white rectangle with some kind of shape on it, which is indistinguishable to me. JPL Image One

Good catch...looks like an ace of Spades...bored interstellar travelers

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It has been added to the image as it does not appear to be in perspective... Is it a central marker for the camera taking the images, akin to the Panorama type images you take on your mobile phone.

That to me seems logical... It isn't on the actual rock.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
First of all, I gave this thread a S&F. Secondly I do believe there are anomalies on Mars and this seems to be a good one.
However I so much want to find something that can't absolutely be refuted, I HAVE to always try and find an explanation and only if none can be found will I be 99% sure.

Anyway, as a long term photography nut and scientist, I don't just look at the thing in question. I look around to see if there are any other similar conditions.
What was striking me immediately was the blown out [white] bits everywhere. These are due to certain parts of the rock surfaces throwing back a lot of light and the camera can't handle the differences between light and dark as is set with an aperture slightly too large for the light. So bright areas will blow out.

Then I look at the anomaly and find that at closer inspection it could just be a very reflective part of that stone. The shape in the middle is raised and of a different make up and therefore will still be darker.

If you look closely it is a very likely explanation I will have to go with, because once seen, I can't unsee it. It looks like blown out surface.

However I really love this thread and it is interesting nevertheless. May there be many more anomalies found.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
to me it looks like a small sign with a symbol (arrow?) glued to the rock.
could be a digital artifact of some sort- but it sure looks like a small sign because of the way it´s position matches the angle of the rock.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Those images were from Sol 1669. Two days later it is still there and the rover had got closer. I am looking for more

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

hm- to me it really doesnt look like it´s the reflective part of the stone- that would be the other side. i find the thing is just hanging there out of context to it´s surroundings.
i would rather go with digital artifact than that.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm building my Mars rocket right now and I will let you know what's up as soon as I build it and go see myself.

K?.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think it is the perspective we are seeing.. its possibly part of the Rock that looks lighter..

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

after looking at that i think it´s part of the rock and take back what i said above. still kinda weird.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Another one from Sol 1672, more distant though as the rover has gone past it.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
a reply to: Hecate666

hm- to me it really doesnt look like it´s the reflective part of the stone- that would be the other side. i find the thing is just hanging there out of context to it´s surroundings.
i would rather go with digital artifact than that.

Can't be a digital artifact as it is on the same rock in multiple photos from multiple angles (on multiple days!)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Could be a number for the position of the rock like the fake moon landing maybe?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Does anyone else here remember the pics that were posted a few years ago straight from JPL that had what looked to be some kind of crab and also many different rocks with what could only be numbers on them? I distinctly remember seeing the number 7 and 5 plain as day on these rocks. Everything about these pics was out of wack. I've searched but could not locate what I'm talking about. These pics were the biggest head scratchers I've seen...

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: The90sGamer

Fake Moon Landings
they happened plenty of evidence.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

All Mars anomalies could be hoaxes perpatrated by Nasa themselves.
Therefore to give them the time it takes to make a thread is
ridiculous.
edit on Ram42117v01201700000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join