It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You ever been to an iFly?

www.iflyworld.com...

Free fall simulation.

This is meant as a reply to the astronauts floating with the help of strings discussion.

edit on 7-5-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2017 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: InachMarbank

The spin of the earth doesn't affect the plane. Only the wind does. That's why when you fly with the wind, it's a faster flight. If you were able to remove the wind, and keep the rotation of the earth, the flights would be the same length.

What causes the wind? is what I'm getting at...

Does the spin of the earth cause wind? Yes, no, partly?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

The primary cause of wind is a pressure differential in the atmosphere. The air is moving from high pressure to low pressure. The rotation of the earth causes it to deflect slightly to the right in the northern hemisphere and left in the southern.

What causes wind?
Wind is caused by air flowing from high pressure to low pressure. Since the Earth is rotating, however, the air does not flow directly from high to low pressure, but it is deflected to the right (in the Northern Hemisphere; to the left in the Southern Hemisphere), so that the wind flows mostly around the high and low pressure areas.

This effect of the wind "feeling the Earth turn underneath it" is important for very large and long-lived pressure systems. For small, short-lived systems (such as in the cold outflow of a thunderstorm) the wind will flow directly from high pressure to low pressure.

The closer the high and low pressure areas are together, the stronger the "pressure gradient", and the stronger the winds. On weather maps, lines of constant pressure are drawn (as in the example, above) which are called "isobars". These isobars are usually labeled with their pressure value in millibars (mb). The closer these lines are together, the stronger the wind.

www.weatherquestions.com...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Flat Earth theory has been debunked on numerous occasions, our world holds the shape of an oblate spheroid, down to rotation and mass.

So no Discworld i'm afraid, no matter how much more interesting it might make our planet.

edit on 7-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: zatara

Actually, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, points to this planet being exactly like the rest of every observable planet.

A spheroid.

Hi TerryDon,

As promised I would do some search to answer your question about the southern cross and north star. Because I could not find it myself among all the flat earth YT vids I asked "the master" himself.

Eric Dubay gave me this YT link and now you must do some work yourself and watch it to have your question answered. It would be interesting what your comment will be because I am sure you will find some holes in his explanation.

I hope this will clear things up for you...

greetz, Zat

PS If the link doesn't work... www.youtube.com...

edit on 7/5/2017 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Typical flat earther. Can't think for yourself.

Why do you all ignore years and years of science, but believe some idiot on YouTube?

And you lot call us "sheep" LOL

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

lol weather experts...So they even wedge in that the earth is spinning and effects weather via the Coriolis effect.Absolutely amazing.
wind can be explained by air pressures and temperature on there own with out them throwing that in there... "the brainwashing is strong"

If the Coriolis effect is real or rather I should say if the earth is rotating and under the effects of Coriolis force , can they explain cannons being able to fire vertically and land back in the barrel?Rail guns being able to hit things 100 miles out in a straight line? or how being able to on a calm day, launch a model rocket up in the air and have it land relatively close by the launch location

Why don't I have to take the Coriolis effect into account for shooting a bullet? north or south shots should be way off target compared to shooting with the rotation of the earth.

This whole the earth is rotating nonsense has run it's course with Me. Never trust the weather man.. only job in the world where you can be wrong 50% of the time and keep Your job

edit on 7-5-2017 by SynchronousSnake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

You have to fire a projectile far enough for there to be a noticeable deflection. Your projectile starts out moving at the same speed as the rotation, so it doesn't deflect at first. With a rifle bullet, you have to be shooting farther than 1000 yards to see the first effects. Anything less than that, and you don't see it.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Can you see whats wrong with this picture?

It's a screenshot from that flat earth youtube video so many people have fallen for.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah see No.I'd be willing to accept that but the fact remains if I fire a projectile north or south that projectile is not going with the rotation of the earth.quite the contrary in fact.. I own a serbu 50 cal BTW...I shoot well beyond 1000 yards routinely.I'm not basing My own observations of shooting low powered firearms. north south,east or west.. Only thing effecting it is wind,temp,velocity and air density.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SynchronousSnake

Notice I said the first effects at 1000 yards. It's not like the bullet travels exactly 1000 yards and suddenly turns because it's affected. At 1000 yards the deflection is barely noticeable. At over a mile, it's a lot more noticeable. It is affecting your bullet though.

thearmsguide.com...

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Can you see whats wrong with this picture?

It's a screenshot from that flat earth youtube video so many people have fallen for.

wait......what?

WTF? is this what flat earthers think the spheroid model is?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Haha, you'd have to literally watch the entire video to see how bad it is!

Somethings wrong, people have lost all sense, they are falling for this drivel.

Our education system has failed us.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Haha, you'd have to literally watch the entire video to see how bad it is!

Somethings wrong, people have lost all sense, they are falling for this drivel.

Our education system has failed us.

Right.

I am going to start a "Cube Earth Society". Who's in? not sure on the details or the theory yet but all we need is a youtube video, a paywall webpage and some gullible people. We will be rich! RICH I tells ya

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AstralAvenger

wondering, how do you explain this:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Cognitive Dissonance is rather strong on this thread .

Riddle me this :

You are sailing midway thru Atlantic Ocean , heading West .

You have a glass of water in your hand and the surface of water in it is evidently flat , level, straight .

Sea beneath your boat is curved but the Water in your cup is not .

Gravity is magic .

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

dependant on the diameter of your glass - and its material - your "flat" surface may be concave or < shock horror > convex

reason

PS - your " argument " is not a riddle - its a outburst of your scientific illiteracy :
edit on 9-5-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

dependant on the diameter of your glass - and its material - your "flat" surface may be concave or < shock horror > convex

reason

PS - your " argument " is not a riddle - its a outburst of your scientific illiteracy :

Let me guess , relativity is your ultimate explanation , right ?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

no - my " ultimate explaination " is that i am attempting to educate an idiot on the basic physics of fluids

this is hard - when said idiot cannot grasp the fundamental differences between a glass thats < 130mm diameter and holds < 0.5 liters and a planet with a equitorial diameter of > 12700km with oceans averaging 3km deep that are affected by the tidal influences of the sun and moon

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

no - my " ultimate explaination " is that i am attempting to educate an idiot on the basic physics of fluids

this is hard - when said idiot cannot grasp the fundamental differences between a glass thats < 130mm diameter and holds < 0.5 liters and a planet with a equitorial diameter of > 12700km with oceans averaging 3km deep that are affected by the tidal influences of the sun and moon

What a great regurgitator you are !!!

I'll make it easy for you :

It's not a cup but a square container filled with the ocean water .

p.s irony is not for you , is it ?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join