It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If the earth was flat why then is the shadow it casts on the moon circular in shape ??

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

according to most flat earth cultists delusions - the earth should be incapable of casting a shadow on the moon

and no flat earth cultists delusions can coherently explain both lunar and solar eclipses

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
I did you won't accept it. planes fly overhead all day long and they don't travel more than 30 miles before you can't see them anymore. If you were 40,000 feet in the air you would still only see 240 miles or so.

Have a nice day I'm finished here.

So you can't counter my point at all then. Figured. Bye

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

what utter twaddle - i can seee the aircraft at upto 90km and their contrails at upto 200 [ ideal conditions ]

at extreme ranges [ 90 km ] - i actually see flashes of sunlight off the fuselage - i can actually make out the aircft confuguration at 25 to 40km

before anyone gets uppity

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

at any given time APPROXAMATLY 50 % of the earths surface is recieving DIRECT illumation from the sun [ exact topography limits this ]

but 50% can be classed as " daylight " - due to atmospheric scatter

the fact that you need to ask the question means i shall not address the exactitudes of civil , nautical and astronomic twilights

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He probably already has his arms through the wire before he does the flip, as for his legs, they look like they would have fit through.

and the reason you dont see the wires is probably because this wasnt shot live and they edited them out before releasing it. The point is you can see the guy grab the wire and you can see the wire pulling his clothes in the same spot on both sides of his body.
edit on 3-5-2017 by rickyk90 because: forgot to include some important information

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Heres another video with more evidence of NASA faking things.

edit on 3-5-2017 by rickyk90 because: wasnt sure how to embed videos

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I dont believe it at all because if it was true some explorer who believes it and wanted to prove it would have sailed to the ice wall and taken a video ./stream of it to prove it to the world

and so far no one has !

I like you have also seen through my own observations that the earth is a sphere

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Also why would both the US and Soviet Union develop over horizon radar during the cold war at an expense so vast it would be pointless when money could have been spent elsewhere on the cold war.

How long has the flat earth conspiracy been running since ancient greece ?

why would all the spherical , heliocentric scientists of the day risk their lives for a lie

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Is there any point in trying to argue with someone who believes that the Earth is flat and covered by a glass dome? And space is filled with water? I mean, really?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

i cannot speak for others - but most of my replies to idiocy of this calibre isnt actually directed at the idiot - its for the benefit of spectators - giving them hope that sanity and scientific literacy do exist on ATS

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Fair enough.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

planes fly overhead all day long and they don't travel more than 30 miles before you can't see them anymore.

Hmmmm, why do think that is?

I mean if we were on a flat earth, then with a pair of binoculars or a telescope I should be able to see the plane fly its while flight but like you say it disappears after a while, Hmmm I wonder why?

If you were 40,000 feet in the air you would still only see 240 miles or so.

Really, yet I can look up and see light years away.

Have a nice day I'm finished here.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I dont believe it at all because if it was true some explorer who believes it and wanted to prove it would have sailed to the ice wall and taken a video ./stream of it to prove it to the world

and so far no one has !

I like you have also seen through my own observations that the earth is a sphere

No one has?

Here's a few more.......

www.google.com... 52F%25252Fwiki.tfes.org%25252FThe_Ice_Wall&source=iu&pf=m&fir=RJaBm4bH-eu7IM%253A%252C6FeVmNndairPOM%252C_&usg=__4h2UgK_81WHjo5Hb8RcBZ-gSIRw%3D&biw=10 24&bih=662&ved=0ahUKEwjohNSmmNTTAhUJKcAKHdcLCT8QyjcIPA&ei=bAsKWeieMYnSgAbXl6T4Aw#imgdii=R3n88V7R5aoB8M:&imgrc=tg2i9ZZtGpeZAM:

Now wether or not this icewall surrounds a circular flat Earth is another discussion, fact is, there is an ice wall around the biggest part of the Antarctic coast as it is presented to us. If you travel South from any point on Earth you will hit an ice wall eventually........

Ice shelf (floating ice front) 44%
Ice walls (resting on ground) 38%
Ice stream/outlet glacier (ice front or ice wall) 13%
Rock 5%
Total 100%

Source: Drewry, D. J., ed. (1983). Antarctica: Glaciological and Geophysical Folio. Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge. ISBN 0901021040.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Is there any point in trying to argue with someone who believes that the Earth is flat and covered by a glass dome? And space is filled with water? I mean, really?

What there is a version of flat earth where there is water beyond the dome?

Flat earth just gets more and more bizarre.

I am waiting for someone to make a serious claim that it is held up by three elephants on the back of a turtle ridding through space.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I mean if we were on a flat earth, then with a pair of binoculars or a telescope I should be able to see the plane fly its while flight but like you say it disappears after a while, Hmmm I wonder why?

It's not that complicated, perspective causes it to appear closer and closer(lower)to the horizon the further it moves away, up to a point where it becomes too small to see even with optical devices.
edit on 3-5-2017 by DunkinMacLoud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Because like light, it doesn't work when the angle of incidence is too small.

The whole over the horizon thing is based on the existence of a layer that radiowaves bounce of off.

Good thing there is this dome like layer to bounce radio signals from. Who needs satellites anyway.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Really, yet I can look up and see light years away.

Supposedly. Looking up you can look further because you are looking through less, and less dense atmosphere as opposed to looking across the surface.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DunkinMacLoud

It's not that complicated, perspective causes it to appear closer and closer(lower)to the horizon the further it moves away, up to a point where it becomes too small to see even with optical devices.

Your not the first to bring this up.

Why does perspective work that way?

What dictates that an object will eventually disappear due to perspective?

Its the fact that there is curvature along the ground when looking horizontally.

Yes, its not that complicated.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Your not the first to bring this up.

You are not the first to not understand it.

Why does perspective work that way?

Because of nature, our eyes, angles and distance.

What dictates that an object will eventually disappear due to perspective?

Reality, nature, our eyes.

You act like the law of perspective is not a proven, everyday phenomenon that is a important part of how we view the world.

Its the fact that there is curvature along the ground when looking horizontally.

Supposed curvature has nothing to do with the law of perspective. Perspective can be demonstrated on a flat surface just fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join