It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The flat earth conspiracy

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: zatara

Typical flat earther. Can't think for yourself.

Why do you all ignore years and years of science, but believe some idiot on YouTube?

And you lot call us "sheep" LOL

This reply of yours says enough... I am trying to help you here and this is all you can say..? You keep pondering about nobody explaining you how flat earthers understand this southern cross and north star problem. Now I did some searching for you because you are too lazy to do it yourself...and this is what you give me in return..? I bet you didn't even listen to what Eric Dubay has to tell you.

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Personal insults have not business in a thread
edit on 5/9/2017 by eriktheawful because: Removed insult.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Attention:

Leave the personal insults OUT.

Debate the topic.

Enough of the name calling.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The words "flat earthers" and "understand" don't go together.

All FE'rs do is ignore absolutely everything, then make up nonesense to fill in the blanks.

And no, I didn't watch a YouTube video. I don't need someone on YouTube to tell me something that isn't true.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

one more flat earth cultist y-tube vid - and my fooking head will explode

so explain to us how mr dubay " explains " polaris and sigma octanis COHERENTLY

the last idiot " y-tube ex-spurt " cited in a flat earth thread offered the " explaination that :

sigma octanis does not exist - its a hoax - sad but that was his cop out

oh and while you are at it - get dubay to explain :

circumpolar constalations [ both northhern and southern ] and seasonal constalations too

this should be good for a laugh

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I feel bad for proponents of the FET. First as a believer in aliens and 9/11 Truth, I am familiar with the feeling of being thought crazy.

That said, you lose me at flat earth. Every other planet in our solar system is spherical but we are to believe that the earth is flat and we are being lied to. Sorry this is no good logic I can grasp here.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The thing that confuses me the most about FE, is the absolutely mind-bogglingly complex explanations and mechanics that would have to be present for even the most basic of things, such as daytime / night-time timezone differences, gravity, stars, eclipses, "the edge", whats "beyond the edge"....that are all oh-so-simple and really obvious with a spinning spherical earth.

Not once, ever, have I seen any coherent explanation of any of those things under a FE model, or why the FE is being kept "secret" from us, and by whom.

It boggles my mind that people can have faith and belief in FE without it being able to explain even the most fundamental of observations that everyone is capable of.

What gives?

Is one of the fundamental issues that some people simply cannot grasp how "flat" a gigantic sphere actually is? This is not that much of an imaginative leap to understand how a large enough 3d object can appear 2d, at least to me anyways
edit on 9-5-2017 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Not to mention that there are multiple flat earth models.

Some claim a dome or Ice wall.

There is another version that says the earth just keeps going on.

They don't even have a working model they agree on. I know new things are being learned about the planets and the solar system but at least it is a consistent model that explains so many things.

Flat earth does not even explain what the sun is or how it works.

Flat earth relies on elaborate conspiracies to keep it working and flys in the face of the idea that usually the most simple answer is the correct one.

It makes my head spin..................like the earth spins on it's axis

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
was discussing the upcoming london UK > perth AUS scheduled DIRECT [ that means no stops for flat earth cultists ] passenger service with a friend last night [ didnt discuss any flat earth idiocy - just the logistics of it ]

non stop flights from the UK to australia are nothing new - but all previous efforts by airlines have been stunts - with limited passengers - and token cargo on a specially prepared aircraft fitted with extra fuel tanks

the quantas service starting in 2018 will be a full scheduled service - thats what makes it different

but hey i digress

fun fact for a flat earth thread please compare :

london UK > to perth AUS

to

johanasburg RSA > perth AUS

on a flat earth cultists map

london > perth is infact a shorter distance than johanasburg > perth [ according to flat earth cartography ]

i shall let that sink in

due to the shallowness of the flat earth gene pool // thinking - it should hit thje bottom very fast

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Everything takes time... i Didnt have any reason to question what i learnt in school because you dont have any knowledge besides the books the state tells you is the only truth, Like the accient egyptians meaning of life is to understand what happens after life we are here for a very short time here in this 3D world.. The lucifierans argue that if you get reborn in this planet with out memory of your mistakes that god is bad and lucifer is good.. Thats not the point... Like ancient egyptians they belived that you need to learn so much u can before you die so you dont need to come back to this planet again.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: che33

sydney to santiago - DIRECT - how come i can find it so easily - but your idiot youtuber cannot ??

edit to add

the key to this = look at flight times // distances for the multi desitnation flights

further - they are not the same aircraft in many cases - you change flights at a hub
edit on 15-5-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: che33

Uhm....You realize that airlines fly where the money goes right? If there's not a lot of demand to go to Santiago, from Sydney, why would they fly there? That's why they only fly directly three days a week. There's a lot of demand to go to North America from Sydney, and more demand to go from North America to Santiago. Hence, you get a flight from Sydney to North America, and North America to Chile.
edit on 5/15/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

The words "flat earthers" and "understand" don't go together.

All FE'rs do is ignore absolutely everything, then make up nonesense to fill in the blanks.

And no, I didn't watch a YouTube video. I don't need someone on YouTube to tell me something that isn't true.

Bolding mine to highlight the irony.

Disclaimer: I believe the FET is a load of crap and all evidence points to us living on a spinning spheroid that revolves around the sun.

Having said that, you DID blather on (ad nauseum) about the southern cross and sigma octantis, REPEATEDLY, across many pages, and umpteen posts. All the while, quite arrogantly defending your position by stating that (paraphrasing to follow) "NOT ONE flat earth cultist has even attempted to explain how this works with FET." So finally as someone attempts to graciously link you the "answer," you greet them with snide derision. They admitted up front that they didn't have the answers to your questions, but most certainly did show you that there is at least an explanation out there. (Whether it's a "nonesense" explanation imo or not, does nothing to change your dismissive attitude.)

When you ask the same thing a thousand times in a single thread (and waste everyone's time with your utter redundancy,) at least have the common courtesy to thank someone who does the legwork that you refuse to do. Even if you disagree with the "answers," or method in which they are delivered.

cognitive dissonance works both ways.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Deez349849

hi - i CBA wading back throught the dross - so can you tell me which member posted the " best explaination " for sigma octanis ?

because i have had several thrown at me - that range from the sublime to the truely rediculous

highlights were :

1 - it doesnt exist

2 - it dosnt give an indication of south

lesser idiocies tried to " explain " it - but ended up contradicting other observations while doing so

so - lets recap this " explaination " - and see if it conforms to all observations

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Well nobody can prove that the earth ISN'T flat.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: dfnj2015

Alls you have to do Fuggi is dig a hole, if you end up in China, proves the earth is round, right?

now get diigging!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

blinks - are you actually serious ?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

You know who i am theirfore you know i have no desire to go to china.

I do however like chinese food. Authentic chinese food not the inauthentic kind.

I like dumpalings. I like bbq spareribs. I like sweet n sour pork (deep fried). I like seshuan. I like beef in black bean sauce. I like spring rolls. I like egg rolls. I like pu pu platters. I like those beefs on sticks. I will eat shrimp fried rice and pho. I like fortune cookies dipped in green tea.

But I can get all that without digging any holes thank you.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

well nobody can prove that I killed all those monkeys......

edit on 24-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Why would you even joke about killing monkees? Monkees are smart.

the difference between monkees and apes is monkees have tails.

Did you ever see that movie about those guys who had to save that box before the nazis got it first? In egypt? Their was a monkey in that movie. A naughty monkey but a smart one.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Why would you even joke about killing monkees?

who said I was joking.....

A naughty monkey but a smart one.

Capuchin monkeys
lil sh#ts

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join