It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Ooh, I love pumpkin pie!
I bought a frozen Shepherd's Pie (meat on bottom, mashed potatoes on top...Brit food, lol)...and found out that it's great! I'm a peasant though, never been a fussy eater as long as it's warm and fills my belly.

What were we talking about again?
Sorry, now I'm hungry.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I don't think shepherd's pie would go over very well here in Texas unless you can barbecue it.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
LOL - when I was a kid, I was given a birthday cake with red frosting in it. The food coloring used for the frosting made it taste bitter, and so at like 3 years old I swore off birthday cake. From then on, I asked my mother to make me a pumpkin pie for my birthday every year - even in college, Mom was still making me a pumpkin pie for my birthday. It's still my favorite, but I'm picky about it now. Mom's crusts are homemade and amazing, so most store-bought or restaurant pies do not come close.

There's a place in downtown Minneapolis called Brit's Pub - they've tried to recreate a London pub in Minneapolis. I've enjoyed their Shepherd's Pie quite a few times.
nom nom nom

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Oooh, I bet you could do like a shredded/chopped smoked Texas brisket, and make a shepherd's pie out of that. Yum!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Good thinking. I'll try it sometime.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Gotta head offline, probably for the evening although I may be back on for just a few minutes later.

TTYL, Shedizens!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hello Folks! I've been in the other room watching movies.

Nice to see people chatting away in here.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Goodby for now.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Oh hey, so you are Blue in Texas? lol
I actually took the bus to Austin Texas a few years ago to visit a friend. (many buses actually...many many buses)

When I was out and about with her, people actually told me I talked funny. "I" talked funny? I didn't even say "oot and aboot"!!
All y'all talk funny, geez.

Shep...How odd that you would choose pumpkin pie as a child, my kids hated it until they were older. I'm not really a big cake fan either, chocolate is my thang.
("Don't hate me, I'm just doing my thang!!")

Okay, no more Texas accent teasing from me!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

LOL! In parts of Rhode Island, we talk like New Yorkers. I try not to. New yawk. Ha! And we say 'you guys' instead of y'all.

Chocolate cake is my favorite, though I have had some awesome vanilla cake with real cream and strawberries that is pretty awesome.

edit on 24-4-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Jacy, when LoneCloudHopper and I first spoke on the phone, I was expecting a French accent and he sounded like he could have been a neighbor of mine. I didn't detect any difference in accent at all. Well, he didn't sound like a New Yorker, but close enough to how I sound.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey girlie!! *hugs*

What movie are ya watching? I've got "Winter's Tale" on (with Colin Farrell) in the background.

I think I like the vanilla-strawberry & ice cream combo better than chocolate cake. Ever notice how the cake never really tastes like chocolate? And most frosting is waaaay to sweet! (says me who has a sweet tooth)

How are you doing? I see you've been going out a lot lately...spending your birthday money, lol.
We're going to have to do a Skype chat thingy some day so I can actually hear your voice instead of imagining how you sound.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

*waves a good morning hello to everyone*

For the first time in ages I actually feel wide awake this morning. I've had near a month of constant nightmares, just awful awful awful dreams mostly involving me about to be murdered and being terrified and unable to escape, and only getting maybe 2-3 hours of restless sleep a night. It got to the stage where I was emotionally whacked, in tears constantly, and the other day I was actually freaking out all day because I was certain something horrible had happened to Mr Bass simply because he hadn't messaged me in 4 hours. (Well, it's usually at most an hour between texts, and last I had heard he was in Compton, so you know, not entiiiirely irrational.)

But yeah. After that little crazy day, I somehow, by some miracle, had a good night sleep, and then another, and another last night! And now I feel normal once more. Huzzah!

Amazing how sleep (or lack thereof) can affect you.

But, I just wanted to say a ~happy and not gloomy~ hello and good morning.
And give everyone my *hugs*.

I have a day of cleaning and hopefully writing ahead of me. If my son lets me. I'm at a standstill at the moment with Alexandria's story, but wouldn't mind cleaning up and refining Lyria's story a little bit. Hard to put new thoughts into words when there's a crazyface running around wildly and flailing sticks about yelling, "Ding ding! Ding ding!"

It's also ANZAC Day today; lest we forget.
Was planning on making some Anzac biscuits today (mostly oats, with syrup as a binding agent)... but alas. My bag of oats was infested with bugs (UGH!!) so had to throw it out. I make belated biscuits this weekend instead.

(Nom nom)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Jacy, we will indeed have to hear each others voices soon. I only use the messaging part of skype. I don't know if I need a mic, or the voice thingy doesn't work, or I could hear the other person and they couldn't hear me or I felt funny talking to my computer...I know there's a reason I don't use it, just can't remember what it is.

A good chocolate cake does taste like chocolate. Bakeries around here use all fresh ingredients with real chocolate and sometimes peanut butter too if you want. YUM!

Kaelci Happy ANZAC Day! You must have been under a lot of stress to have had nightmares like that for a month. I think you'll be a lot better when Dave gets over there to see you! LOL, a crazyface running around! Gotta love that boy!

I am sore and feeling restless, so I will return later my lovelies. Love you All!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I use Skype all the time to call Mr Bass!
I use it to call his phone, I have a thing where I pay $9 a month and get unlimited calls to North America. It's pretty spiffy. Though if he had a computer, it would be free. It just costs for me because I'm calling an actual phone.

$9 isn't that much though, and I don't know what I'd do without it. We have the occasional phone problem and it's like, "Noooo!! What will we do? MAKE PHONE WORK NOW!" but it's not usually because of Skype but because Dave's phone is just........ awful; for lack of more appropriate inappropriate verbiage.

Butttttt, rambling aside, you'd need a mic on the computer, and definitely headphones otherwise there'd be an echo in the call and Jacy would be able to hear her own voice emanating back at her from your computer speakers. And when that happens it's very disconcerting. Confusion device!

But. Headphones and Microphone, or a headset that has the mic on it, and that's all you need!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What is this strange thread that I have stumbled into? Talking about
pies and cakes and cute little pictures.No 3 idiots? Help me,I am lost!

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You are not lost. You are right here.

We talk about all sorts of things here at the Shed if it will help someone get through their day.
Welcome.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You have found the door to ....

....the realm of magical mystical beings. You are not lost but have "found". Oh there is no back door, once here you can't get out.
Donuts are much appreciated. Actually any thing to entice the taste buds.
Who are 3idots?
a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Of course there's a back door! (I put all my cares & worries behind it!!!)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Gordi, here is the back door.

The Shed is like the Hotel California. You can never leave.

Good Morning SHED!!!
Here for a while, if anyone wants to have coffee & donuts with me.
jacy

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join