It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey jacylady!

I shall have a cup of tea, and abstain from donuts, if its all the same to you. I do not want to spoil my appetite! How are you today?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh hey True!

*passes cup of tea*

So far so good, but the day is young, lol. How are things with you?

I read your recent comment in another thread about "being a gentleman". You ARE a gentleman...don't stop being real.
That particular thread is annoying me too much (certain replies) so I'm staying quiet and lurking there.
(plus I'm too much of a lady to say what I'm thinking!)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Things are slow today, but I have a pretty busy day coming up on Saturday, so I shall endure the tedium a while longer, without over much complaint!

As for that thread, I am concerned about at least two of the people in there. One of them believes that I am virtue signaling, even though in this day and age, it is arguable that good conduct is not necessarily a virtue, and the other seems to believe that I am a gentleman because it pleases others, rather than because it pleases me to do things the way I do them.

I wonder, sometimes, where it is others find their self respect, if not in their conduct?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I wonder, sometimes, where it is others find their self respect, if not in their conduct?

They don't HAVE any self respect, hunny! That's why they're so negative and argumentative.

They can't relate to somebody being real/genuine, or actually being a decent human being. (I got accused of being "very young" in a thread recently...just chuckled and decided to quit participating.)

Sorry your day is slow and tedious, but glad we got the time to chat a bit here. I know, chatting won't pay the bills but sometimes a little reconnect with friends brightens my entire day.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Indeed so!

Tis these little moments that make the wheels turn.

I think, with regard to the accusation leveled at you, detailed above, that the only way to take that is as a compliment. Time has a tendency to harden hearts. Clearly yours has not ossified to the degree some might expect, from a person who has been alive as many years as you. I think that is a virtue to be extremely content with.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Aww, thank you.
It's not the first time I've been "patted on the head"...and I admit to being child-like (not childish)...also somewhat idealistic...still.

I feel sorry for the jaded and cynical, they've lost something they will never regain.
I have been alive a long time I guess, but my character is still the same.

Have you received any new information regarding your son yet? Tests, etc. I mean. I love your attitude regarding your boy, it shows love and that you've got his back!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I have not yet heard whether my ex has booked an appointment, or indeed whether any progress has been made in terms of the logistics. I would imagine it will be necessary for my boy to have his appointment booked, so that I can attach mine to his, and have the administrative people at the hospital connect the two. Paperwork will need generating, and they may want us to come in on the same day, to ensure that everything is connected on a chronological level.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Good morning Shed. Hello Mama! Been a while since I've seen you around.

Hope everyone has a nice day today.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Ugh, the loooong drawn out process begins. I hope it all goes well and that everything is manageable.

Here, we've been waiting months for x-ray & ultrasound results for hubby (shoulder injury) and every time I call the office the doctor's secretary tells me he hasn't had time to look at them yet. *sigh*

chiefsmom...Hi hunny! Nice to see you here! How's the 'chicken chuckin' going, lol?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well... I just got asked to join a band!

Things are looking up! lol!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well... I just got asked to join a band!

That's fabulous!! Are you interested?? I'm thinking that would be really good for you (and fun too)!
Keep us informed, I'm placing my order now for an autographed band t-shirt.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Ahhh,a true brit indeed,tea in preference to coffee.I didn't start
drinking coffee until my late 20's until then I always drank tea.I like
Earl Grey,Lady Earl Grey,Irish Breakfast blend,English Breakfast blend,
American Breakfast blend and Orange Pekoe.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Hi mamabeth, glad you came back!

I've been getting into herbal teas lately. I like a hot beverage in the evening without any caffeine.
Mornings are for coffee though if I want to wake up.

Please feel free to just pop in anytime you want! I'm pretty sure most of us here know you from various threads, and we need more wimmen for when the Idiots invade!!!
jacy

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I know what you mean safety in numbers.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I know what you mean safety in numbers.

It's the demanding of sammiches all the time...sheesh!
They know we have unlimited supplies of food in The Shed, yet they whine like children at us.

Yes, we need all the wimmen folk to gather.
Witchy spells are handy too if you've got any?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

No witchy spells from me as I am a hard core Christian.
The 3 idiots keep demanding sammies because they are
too lazy to make their own.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22164017]jacygirl[/post

I hope your not mad Jacy, about my second post in that other thread.

That person just made me mad, and I couldn't keep my fingers quiet. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just a quick check in. Sorry I have been MIA. I had a medication reaction and ended up spending the weekend in the ER. Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know I am still alive.

They have scheduled Paul's surgery for May 25th.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: [post=22164017]jacygirl[/post

I hope your not mad Jacy, about my second post in that other thread.

That person just made me mad, and I couldn't keep my fingers quiet. LOL

No! I love you for that! Thank you.

You know, there are a few members who seem to think that us Shed people are like the "cool kids club". We've never been a clique, and everyone is welcome. This whole stars & flags crap is ridiculous to me.

So we have celebrations for birthdays and anniversaries...so what? Nobody is forced to click on a thread and read it.
Haters gonna hate.
Thank you defending me!! *squishiest of hugs*
jacy

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Douché bags will be here and there ..
don't let the Turkeys get you down !

* nods to Jace and Chiefs ...

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>